I like this map, played it probably a dozen times or so.

Beach = Basically worthless, someone mentioned Lakeville valley, I'd concur with that.  Problem is that you take yourself out of most of the fight and cannot flex from there.  Can't say as I've seen one game "won" from that deployment area.  Obviously it bears watching, and some pubbie will go there, so you won't have to.  Of course, if too many go you are now at a severe disadvantage for a few minutes as they stall, get killed, or camp while not being able to flex back to the hot spots.  Haha, joke, they wouldn't know to flex back if it punched them in the face.

Middle = Chaotic, I avoid the middle of maps for the most part.  However, there are several roads with raised sides that you can minimize flanking fire with and push if you are coordinated (fat chance) or in a platoon (more likely).  Additionally, there are some relatively high spots sprinkled in to "snipe" from (I hate that term, but it's what we all use).  However, those high spots that have cover are a bit back from the middle and are only useful to the defending side at first, until you push to them.  There are a number of small buildings and other bits of things around them which can make aiming interesting from medium to long ranges.  The east/middle side starts to get the hedges "inland" from the beach.  I try to avoid the middle hedges as you can get flanking fire on you quickly.

Hedge area = Slightly less chaotic, but a great area to go as it is on a flank, and it is not terribly hard to get back to the rest of the map, and the cover is such that retreating is fairly easy.  A platoon works great here as you can isolate anyone who over extends in the dips and work them over fast.  There is some opportunity for TDs to work the ridge behind the one your push is working, but you do rely on the enemy to poke up and over, so that is not always good.  Both sides have hiding areas BEHIND the ridges/bocage/hedges/whatever it is, that they can work over the remnants that push through.  But that is typically too late to influence the game, probably already won or lost while your TD hid (PSA for people who believe TDs "camp", or "wait" or are "patient", F that).

Lots of bushes and cover to abuse, but it is not generally arty safe kinds of cover.  Map is very open except in a couple places like the beach ramps and some of the larger man made structures.  Arty can literally be anywhere, there might be a "usual" spot they typically go in the future, but right now it's everywhere.  I have seen a fair share down on the beaches in the very back.  It remains to be seen if that becomes typical.

So far it has worked well for me to push east, work through the hedges and then flank the brawl in the middle.  For some reason most people like to go middle/west and brawl in the buildings just above and to the east of the beach.  Maybe they are afraid of the flank on the beach, or they want shots down on the beach.

Yep east side seems to be key. Whichever team wins 9-line (east side) brawl can then sweep from there towards middle and kill middle enemies from side, taking control of map.

Has anyone found anything useful to do for scouts on this map? Seems like where ever I go I get lit and shot at from multiple directions. Have not found any useful passive locations except very close to the spawn, in the hedges, where most people can spot for themselves. Active scouting can light up some tanks but most high-tier vehicles can spot for themselves anyway.

Has anyone found anything useful to do for scouts on this map? Seems like where ever I go I get lit and shot at from multiple directions. Have not found any useful passive locations except very close to the spawn, in the hedges, where most people can spot for themselves. Active scouting can light up some tanks but most high-tier vehicles can spot for themselves anyway.

I think concentrating on active spotting the east and middle to get SA on which hedge section can be pushed. Then opportunistic slashing attacks when the brawl starts. There is some passive opportunity in the hedge bushes but as you noted you are fairly close so firing and staying hidden is not happening and getting proxy lit is a danger. This map does seem to give an opportunity to yolo through the lines with an actual chance to survive based on all the dips and small ridges. Not a high percentage play but could be useful/decisive at the right time. Relive the glory days of yoloing arty and actually surviving to get to them.

I think this map is the biggest damage farm in the game atm, even my Ehundo gets retarded damage output on it. Pubbies just can't deal with crossfire at all because they've been trained to believe that their lanes are safe from almost all directions, due to shitty map design in general.

I think this map is the biggest damage farm in the game atm, even my Ehundo gets retarded damage output on it. Pubbies just can't deal with crossfire at all because they've been trained to believe that their lanes are safe from almost all directions, due to shitty map design in general.

That is an interesting observation and I concur. The few open maps generate more "hacker" comments than any others for me.

All I really understand about this map is that the beach is pretty pointless as you waste to much time climbing back up.

The east does seem strong yet I have seen heavies crush the middle quickly then be in a position to repel enemy mids that took east as long as they had 1-2 TD's still on the back line.

Also it feels like the north spawn have better positions for wrecking or stalling a successful heavy breakthrough from the south through middle.

All I really understand about this map is that the beach is pretty pointless 

This is the sum total of my knowledge.  Could you guys post a few overlord replays plz?  My opponents all seem to get away with murder on this map.  

Regardless of my tank, (usually light or  medium) I hug east side and play peekaboom over the myriad of hills...awesome map. Middle or top tier, good gun depression, you'll run out of ammo blasting stuff

(Mebbe that's west? Opposite end from beach, anyhow)

Which is weird, because Prokhorovkery Salient on Fire has been around forever in one incarnation or another.

Pretty much every time I play this map, the team with the best center control wins.  But I can't figure out how to do it without getting wasted.  replays plz!

I have zero doubt that this is my worst win rate map.  

Which is weird, because Prokhorovkery Salient on Fire has been around forever in one incarnation or another.

But that's not actually a crossfire map. There is a huge ridge in the middle, there are little hills around the road in the forest to the west and the only kind of crossfire is from mid to center. On Overlord, you can win the 9-line (which is only 2 squares of combat ground at the bowl) and then instantly get crossfire access to the either base, over the middle bowl and via said bowl you can rape the middle fighters with further crossfire deep into both bases. The only place you can't directly crossfire is the beach and that's why pubs go there. It's sort of the same with valley in Lakeville, after the general public learned to spot from the middle: Pubs would rather not scratch their paint for 5 minutes and lose than take any kind of damage and win.

Overlord summarized is basically "win the 9-line and win the battle" and this goes double if you're in a platoon.

Ok I really suck at this map, I cannot get it at all in my soft mediums.  My T62a doesnt have the depression to peek avoid ridges, my AMX30 does but I seemingly get outspot by every fucker in the game.  Please help as its driving me nuts.