Garbad

xTE and the obsolescence of Wn8

Who is more of a retard?  

196 members have voted

1. 1. Who is more of a retard?

Its better because of what CandyFan said. This is not perfect since it only takes into account doing damage and dumps map awareness and teamplay (which is somehow incorporated into the Wn8 by defense points/winrate) but it actually fucking scales with a tank. Like doing 6k Wn8 in scouts is piece of cake but i wonder if anyone ever maintained than in Lowe.

So imho XTC is better since you dont have to check Wn8 and then list through his tanks to get an idea how good he is. But i cant help myself thinking whether a scaled Wn8 would be actually even better. Like make 1500 Wn8 for average player, 5000 for the best and put the rest somewhere in between accordingly. Cant be that hard to do and i actually thought this was the case when the Wn8 came out. Well, then i got sober...

However XTC seems bugged right now. In 113 im 2 dmg points and .15 kills behind server best and i have 80 XTC and in E50M im 400 dmg and .4 (i think?) kills behind server best and i have XX in that... Anybody knows why?

Its better because of what CandyFan said. This is not perfect since it only takes into account doing damage and dumps map awareness and teamplay (which is somehow incorporated into the Wn8 by defense points/winrate) but it actually fucking scales with a tank. Like doing 6k Wn8 in scouts is piece of cake but i wonder if anyone ever maintained than in Lowe.

So imho XTC is better since you dont have to check Wn8 and then list through his tanks to get an idea how good he is. But i cant help myself thinking whether a scaled Wn8 would be actually even better. Like make 1500 Wn8 for average player, 5000 for the best and put the rest somewhere in between accordingly. Cant be that hard to do and i actually thought this was the case when the Wn8 came out. Well, then i got sober...

However XTC seems bugged right now. In 113 im 2 dmg points and .15 kills behind server best and i have 80 XTC and in E50M im 400 dmg and .4 (i think?) kills behind server best and i have XX in that... Anybody knows why?

The numbers for the ratings only come from the ru server.

Read the thread before you post bob.

Read the thread before you post bob.

The numbers for the ratings only come from the ru server.

Im too lazy to read first and then ask. But im a nice and polite guy so i will read it through now and wont ask why it should make any difference that im being compared with RU server? If im shit to russians in E50M i should get shit XTC also. However, if the numbers came from the Russian server and the actuall XTC was calculated based on EU server........... *thinks painfully*

Im too lazy to read first and then ask. But im a nice and polite guy so i will read it through now and wont ask why it should make any difference that im being compared with RU server? If im shit to russians in E50M i should get shit XTC also. However, if the numbers came from the Russian server and the actuall XTC was calculated based on EU server........... *thinks painfully*

Also didn't read how wn8 works during the last 2 years...

So can xtc be padded by playing shit tonks nobody touches like the Lee?

Well, it's per tank, so you will be XX in that tank. So if clans requirments or skill measure is getting XX in Lee - then yes.

It's another metric that allows me to see very easily who has been padding their win rates with platoon play in the lower tiers.  Just ran into a guy with a 77% WR Cruiser III and 67 xTE.

Also didn't read how wn8 works during the last 2 years...

Well, i admit i never studied the formula. If it was up to me, id remove all the ratings from the game completely. It just makes clickers focusing me and self proclaimed unicorn assassins rushing me every game...

But my naive idea of how wn8 works that every tank has its expected value for kills, dmg, win, def points and spots and the more i exceed these values the more bullshit points i get. Thats wrong?

MFW I didn't make or document this I metric and thus have no responsibly to answer these questions borne of innumeracy. 3.5 years a slave. Free at last free at last, oh thank last god I'm free at last.

Ooo , don`t be silly , you are not free, we need you. I`m sure your work is much appreciated and when people will start getting rekt by green 70 xTE T57 player they will realize wn8 is still a better approach of understanding one`s skill. Sure they will be players who will pad on any metric system, but hey no sane people will ask for perfection

So how high does the xTE have to  be in your opinion for example in T6/T7/T8 tanks with 60% wr to not be accused of wr padding in platoons?

A site with implemented xTE:

http://blog.wot-ts.pl/karta-gracza/?nickname=waterwar

Also the amount of information is very high and presentation of data is good.

Welp, confirming I'm terrible at this game…

The way I understand it that is what WN8 was intended to be, but based on statistics instead of actual ranking. And that went out the window the instant it was released and everyone learned how to pad

At least with xTC padders compete with other padders, and if a particular tank has low damage values and is easy to pad I would expect that to quickly change as all the padders go play it.

So it's much more fair, IMHO. Taking decap into account would probably be an improvement as well, I can't say winrate because there's going to be the lucky fucks with 10 battles and 100% winrate.

So how high does the xTE have to  be in your opinion for example in T6/T7/T8 tanks with 60% wr to not be accused of wr padding in platoons?

My PTA xTE is a paltry 58 with a 61% win rate, all solo. I typically post vastly lower damage numbers than my win rate would indicate; I'm probably just lucky. 

My PTA xTE is a paltry 58 with a 61% win rate, all solo. I typically post vastly lower damage numbers than my win rate would indicate; I'm probably just lucky. 

Or xTE is a dmg value scaled to the highest dmg values only, instead of the general population distributions (or even modified ones used in WN8) and has little to do with whether you were carried to your winrate or not!

Stupid question but why we dont simply use average experience per tank as rating? It would take account spots/assists etc better than wn8/xtc etc. Premium account affects average exp?

And Platooning effects it too, because wins give more xp. More platoon, more wins.

For good players that is.

If bad players platoon, they decrease their win rate.

Well, the tanks I like playing the most are all sub 80.

Those I have played ten times are my best ones. Hell yeah.

Something something sample size

Shame the xTE datafile doesnt include def points else we could put it to good use as a basis for WN9. Rating that just covers damage and frags (which are highly cross correlated anyway) is meh. Maybe we should talk to Seriych and see if we could get some data access.

Shame the xTE datafile doesnt include def points else we could put it to good use as a basis for WN9. Rating that just covers damage and frags (which are highly cross correlated anyway) is meh. Maybe we should talk to Seriych and see if we could get some data access.

Def points are pretty useless anyhow.  Every decent player I know avoids defending cap because its rarely a good point to fight.  Its just a crude proxy for "stayed alive and fought in a close game, which give good stats."

Def points are pretty useless anyhow.  Every decent player I know avoids defending cap because its rarely a good point to fight.  Its just a crude proxy for "stayed alive and fought in a close game, which give good stats."

Sitting and defending cap is rarely valuable, but recognizing when to race back and reset IS very valuable.  Of course, YOU know this.  However, there are many  idiots playing this game who do not.