Garbad

xTE and the obsolescence of Wn8

Who is more of a retard?  

196 members have voted

1. 1. Who is more of a retard?

Interesting.

Is there a guide for installing XVM with xTE? I don't have XVM atm. I'm sure my stats are terrible but it would be interesting to see what they are.

Interesting rating, not sure how much sense it makes though. For example, my 2.8k DPG E5 has a better rating than my 3.3k DPG 907. It's saying my 907 play is about equal to my T-46 play, which is a dark red shitter tank I played two years ago at like 250 DPG and 400 XP/game. A lot of these values make me seriously doubt its validity as anything other than another way to measure epeen at the highest skill levels.

But hey, apparently I'm good enough to get XX in 60 tanks... whatever that means. Best metric NA RU?

I think it's part of Aslains mod pack at the moment. Not sure if any of the others have it yet. It'll just another metric among many recruiters will use to evaluate recruits. Although this will give you a better idea on CW used tanks. 

I'll have to look mine up one day but not today. :D

Prepare to be amazed.

TXj0usz.png

Those 1 and 2 battle XXs!

Anways, I'll have to install XVM once Sela gets his modpack up. Probably the most interesting thing to come out for WOT in a long time, at least for me. I would be interested to see how Imoody stacks up, honestly one of the best players in game. 

Interesting rating, not sure how much sense it makes though. For example, my 2.8k DPG E5 has a better rating than my 3.3k DPG 907. It's saying my 907 play is about equal to my T-46 play, which is a dark red shitter tank I played two years ago at like 250 DPG and 400 XP/game. A lot of these values make me seriously doubt its validity as anything other than another way to measure epeen at the highest skill levels.

But hey, apparently I'm good enough to get XX in 60 tanks... whatever that means. Best metric NA RU?

Yes, this system will still suffer from who plays what, with little used tanks mainly being used by the people who play lot of tank lines, who are usually better on average players. For example, more people playing the t62a than the FV4202 which will make the t62a still a padder tank in comparison.

I wonder how the Leopard1 stats will fair with a lot of unistuds playing it?

But this should still be quite a bit better than wn8 for your recent stats, and seems to show how flawed wn8 is.

Keep in mind it takes 100 games to be counted as a top player in a tank.  Since literally no one has ever played 100 games in the T46 except shitlords, its gonna distort.  But past tier 6/7 or in common seal clubbers it should be decently valid.

All 9.7 XVMs should have this. It's not a modpack thing, you need to specifically tell XVM to disable this.

Can we even tell what our recent xTC is? Also, how are we figuring out overalls?

Can we even tell what our recent xTC is? Also, how are we figuring out overalls?

I've been asking that repeatedly in the thread. Garbad keeps saying people's overall, but hasn't said if that's in a mod, or if he's doing math.

So for someone that can't actually put in a mod without his game crashing to hell (Tried installing a reticle 2 nights ago, couldn't render anything in game 10/10), I have to ask Trobs can you grab mine >.> I'd check it on a website but apparently there is none. RIP.

So for someone that can't actually put in a mod without his game crashing to hell (Tried installing a reticle 2 nights ago, couldn't render anything in game 10/10), I have to ask Trobs can you grab mine >.> I'd check it on a website but apparently there is none. RIP.

Only because you're pretty.

lcfR109.png

Only because you're pretty.

lcfR109.png

Jeez 3800 dpg in a 215B is only 98. And my batchat DPG is pretty pathetic, i think it dropped to like 3300 (from 3800, yay CW's), no way that should be that high.

also thank you <3.

Edit: interestingly my only 3 relevant XX tanks (KV-85/IS-3/T150) were all played a long time ago, I don't think i've touched those things in 5k battles+, and all were pure solo pub. T-150 was my first tank to break uni wn8 in too. KV-85 might be because it was the KV-1S back then which was easier to damage whore in. It would probably be easier to push higher numbers solo then platooned because damage cannibalization.

Edited by Gandaran

Someone mind doing me? Be interesting if my mostly-solopub winrate is ~4% ahead of yet another metric.

VVVV Pay no attention to current WN8, it's inflated by me grinding FV207 and Bat Chat line. VVVV

So this metric is something finally useful for epeening, a nice solid measurement of ranking among the last decimal. I can't see it being more or less useful for players closer to the mean than wn* or for overalls than PR.

So are people being put in the top 100 (or top 0.01%) for dpg on a tank based on 1 battle?  That seems like a pretty big flaw to me.

So are people being put in the top 100 (or top 0.01%) for dpg on a tank based on 1 battle?  That seems like a pretty big flaw to me.

Garbad said earlier it's supposed to ignore under a certain number of games, I'm not seeing it.

5NgdwYC.jpg

RU server top doesn't even come close to me.

What really makes me most happy is that my M2 rating is XX, since that's what I've played most of recently and is the best indicator of my current performance.

dat ARL win rate though

5NgdwYC.jpg

RU server top doesn't even come close to me.

What really makes me most happy is that my M2 rating is XX, since that's what I've played most of recently and is the best indicator of my current performance.

dat ARL win rate though

#NA_PEDOS_BEST_PEDOS

o/

Gandaran, you can be the president of the Combat Car club. I'll be the secretary, kay?

a little purple, some blue and lots of green :sad:

Checked all the tanks i rage sold and free exp'd though and they all have similar bad numbers. I guess my rage sell sense is pretty accurate then. 

#noregrets

Seems to me like it's the opposite of WN8, in that it really only matters at the top end, and makes no sense anywhere else. It's like a metric for recent stats, except it is based on overall stats, which is stupid, and only encourages rerolling. Interesting concept, but the execution is thoroughly awful.