Enroh

medium tank dilemma?

The only med I play is my Matilda but its too slow to flex and while i love it I think its hampering my skill improvement. Which line should I go through for late tier mediums? I have enough freexp to probably at least get to Tier4 or 5 and would have no issues buying a premie (tank not baby that is)

I like (as does everyone else) a good DPM gun, decent alpha, good view range, decent camo and speed.

That being said a faster version of the Matilda would be great as I love machine-gunning my opponents before going full-retard and dying horribly. Or if I am on a good streak then slowly rolling a woodpecking annoyance across the map

That being said a faster version of the Matilda would be great as I love machine-gunning my opponents before going full-retard and dying horribly. Or if I am on a good streak then slowly rolling a woodpecking annoyance across the map

There are ZERO high tier equivalents of the Matilda's gun since reload times are much longer at those tiers. The best you can get are the tier 10 Russian meds which have 320 alpha with a ~5.5 second reload, or an autoloader tank like the BatChat or 50B.

For mid tiers, you might like to try out the T-34, A-43 and M7, which are rapid-fire tanks that kill their enemies with a thousand needles. And all of them are fast enough to teach you how to use mobility well.

I have only gone up a few lines but the most fun has been tier 5 Russian T-34. Both tier 6 Russians are fun too.The Amer M7 is fun too but goes to lights afterward. GL

I advise not burning any Free XP, you will need it in higher tiers (I for example free XPed the T-54 to top config right away, made it feel grossly OP instead of going through that nightmarish stock grind--however I did not Free XP anything on T-44, since I'm too cheap to use Free AP under Tier 9--ARL V39 tracks was an exception)

That being said, I recommend going up through the A-20 (the first taste of mobility gaming in that line) to the A-43 and T-34-85, both lead to good tanks, and why go up both (one after the other, to move your radioman to the other line)? Because then you have two useable crews come higher tiers.

The other medium line I recommend would be E-50M line.

thanks for the replies - will check out the RU med line I think as I have some crew I can retrain

Id recomend checking out the russian medium line, if you go up it though, make sure you go through to the A43, A44, Object 416, then split off. If you take that route you get 3 tier 10s..

If youre interested in how they play, many streamers play the russian mediums often, also there are some pretty good utube vids on most peoples channels (:

OK so I have been running my M7 (I know I said I was going to RU line it but I cannot recall why I ended up choosing M7) ANYWAYS, I have been having a great deal of enjoyment out of it and playing at a rather high level (for me anyways) - yeah I do retarded crap still on occasion but hey ya can't win 'em all. I did love circling a KV-220 last night after peek-a-booming with him and taking a bitch slap from him on Cliff. (he even gave me a well played - a first for me so I was well chuffed)

That all being said - thanks to mikey above who suggested it but as he stated it goes to lights afterwards and I have barely come to grips with the Chaffee so I think its the end of the line for me here but this is a keeper :) and perhaps onto grinding the RU medium line now - welcome to lower tiers once more HAHA

thanks everyone... :)