Sign in to follow this  
no_name_cro

US cancer best cancer?

Yeah, yeah, I'm asking about arty. If you don't like it you can leave topic.

Now, to the original thought. I'm thinking of grinding one of arty lines to do missions and just to shit on people when I'm in bad mood. So far, this looks like most average line. OK gun and shell arc, good damage & RoF and reasonable accuracy.

Only bad arty in line is M12 as I've heard and it doesn't look bad.

Other lines don't seem to be this good all around and tier for tier. Any suggestions?

Can't really go wrong with the 53/55 and 40/43...m44 is pretty good when spamming heat. 

Don't know about the rest of everyone but I absolutely adored my SU-14-1 and currently my SU-14-2.

Monster 203mm gun is fantastic in my opinion, much wow, very damage, such pub tears

If the only thing you are looking for is completing personal missions and pub play, the American line is likely your best bet.  There are a lot of the arty missions that are easier with the American line, and I would put the Soviet line in a close second, although it has some serious stinkers through the tiers.

M12 isn't bad at all. Personally I used the M53/55 for the arty missions. The M44 is a great little arty peice aswell. 240 pen heat round, good RoF and decent splash (for its tier) and a gun arc that reminds me of the old gwpanther.

If you only want one line for personal missions, US is your bet. Best in tier at T6, T8, and T9, and T92 can't be beat for raw splash for SPG-10.

Can't really go wrong with the 53/55 and 40/43...m44 is pretty good when spamming heat.

Was thinking the same, where are bad arties in this line? M12 and T92 aren't best but they aren't worst either(not that I'm aiming for tier 10 anyway).

Whatever the recent sigma changes did to M44 raped the poor thing. I bought it back to test the changes and literally cannot hit shit.  Missed a KV-5 like 4 times the other day, shells just will not land anywhere near the center.

What happened to the CGC hype?

Also, from test server "testing" I found that I preferred the 261 if I wanted to rape people when I was in a bad mood.

Id much rather play a clicker that hits what i aim at, then play a clicker that hits beside what I aim at, every 45 seconds..

Also, from test server "testing" I found that I preferred the 261 if I wanted to rape people when I was in a bad mood.

Id much rather play a clicker that hits what i aim at, then play a clicker that hits beside what I aim at, every 45 seconds..

Same experience here from the Test Server. That AP round + BA mod is anal rapage to any heavy tank plodding along to a spot

Been grinding through it as my first arty line for a few months now and have yet to run across a bad egg in the line.  M12 is decent enough, 40/43 is solid, and 53/55 is great.  Not sure if I'll buy the T92 when I unlock it as I'm currently grinding for the CGC as well, but we'll see.

CGC hype is still strong, but me as regular pubbie, rather than being in top notch clan, I have no interest in grinding tier 10 over the crappier line. This line seems decent enough in all tiers until I wobble up to tier 8-9.

Being an arty victim myself, I'm often more concerned when a G.W Panther/M12/ M40/43 / M53/55 / 212A / CGC / 261 / Bc 55 or 58

Those are the ones that hits me pretty often and deal crippling damage.

It matters very little. I went through the two first sets of arty missions with the GW Tiger simply because it happened to be the only high tier arty I had unlocked (from way back when it was proceeded by the (then tier VI) GW Panther). Take whatever you have unlocked and click away. It ain't brain surgery. But yes, in general the US arty line offers the best overall mix of arties. For splash missions (the only tough ones) you need US, Brits or Germans tier IX or X.

While the rapid aim time and accuracy of the 261 are nice, as you play more you will note that it is extremely map dependent -- it has the flattest shell trajectory of the tier 10 arties, which gives it a very fast shell travel time but makes it struggle to shoot over obstacles. The CGC makes shots over hills with ease. Furthermore, the 261 has a very narrow gun traverse which can be frustrating while working a moving target.

I got through 100k on the M40/M43 before I ragesold it.  I just couldn't take shells landing no where close to the center of the reticle 3 out of every 4 or 5 games.  If I was at least doing splash damage, it would have been tolerable, but too many shells went to the very outer edges of the reticle, even fully aimed.  I'll rebuy it at some point because I want more female crews, but I'm definitely not looking forward to it.  I'd free xp the last 100k if I could.

I have no idea, but from talking to some arty players, it seems the 40/43 was hit pretty hard by the accuracy changes.  With the weekend sale, I bit the bullet and rebought it to try and finish it off, but I haven't played many games in it.  I'm not a great arty player, I find it infuriating, and it's expensive to run.

Dunno.  I'm really not very good in arty, so maybe it's that simple.  Though, it sure feels like a LOT of shells go to the very edges of the reticle.

M40 is nice, very stronk T8 arty though personally I do prefer the SU-14-2 (higher arc, even if it doesn't seem like it, much worse gun traverse arc thingy [left and right thingamabob])

M12 is really nice, probably my fav T7 arty alongside the Lorr 155 50. M12 is stronk when in "TD Mode" due to it being realtively lowprofile meaning you get center shots on tanks, so if you get side of tank -> More likely to hit side of tank or side turret if worse comes to worse.

But don't take my word for it, not that stronk at arty but I got a few games in arty so I know at least a bit about it.

I noticed interesting thing: US arties seem to be the best at defending themselves from LTs - they shotgun me really often, while every other arty just, you know, dies...

Is there any way to retain your sanity while playing arty? Dat RNG!

I reluctantly bought the M41 to have some cancer for the missions and I am absolutlely hating every minute I have to play this boring whackamole game...

Could someone please explain what kind of "skill" you need to play arty successfully? So far, it´s just a game of aiming at certain (obvious) chokepoints, clicking at the right moment and hoping for RNG....