no_name_cro

US cancer best cancer?

I too went up the US line for the personal missions. I found the tier 5 & 6 weren't very good. The tier 7 is pretty good if you shoot premium ammo, the blast radius is much higher and makes it servicable. I'm on the M40/43 and find it's pretty solid. Looking forward to the M53/55.

Is there any way to retain your sanity while playing arty? Dat RNG!

I reluctantly bought the M41 to have some cancer for the missions and I am absolutlely hating every minute I have to play this boring whackamole game...

Could someone please explain what kind of "skill" you need to play arty successfully? So far, it´s just a game of aiming at certain (obvious) chokepoints, clicking at the right moment and hoping for RNG....

You can mitigate the RNG to some extent by positioning as aggressively as you are comfortable with, given map and composition etc. The difference being at 3-400m instead of 6-700m makes is pretty noticeable because you improve accuracy and reduce travel time, cutting down on the "shit they moved" frequency.

You should also bring and be willing to shoot some HEAT once you are shooting at closer targets. There's not a ton of splash on the m41 HMC, and when firing at heavies it can be a better value proposition to go for the possibility of a pen for 700. Expect to still be disappointed though, as you'll hit tracks or spaced armor or a mantlet at the worst of times =)

RIP all the stuff I just wrote just to accidentally click the back button on my mouse :(

so, only TL;DR then:

as for missions, US is prob best, Ebola Carrier for splash missions, but grind is shit (you'll want to kill yourself when you play the t7), Germans and French are shit for missions, Soviet is ok if you like having no gun traverse.

I too went up the US line for the TD missions. I found the tier 5 & 6 weren't very good. The tier 7 is pretty good if you shoot premium ammo, the blast radius is much higher and makes it servicable. I'm on the M40/43 and find it's pretty solid. Looking forward to the M53/55.

You must not know the way of heat round Jesus that is known as the M44. Like seriously 260 average pen on a tier 6, as somebody stated above tier 6 and below have negligible splash so why not spreme heat.

Unless you're against gold rounds I guess.

Thanks for all the replies ... I will hold off my urge to ragesell the cancer and see how it works out on tier 6 with goldspam, then.

The FV304 is really good for some of the missions that don't require you to do over 2k damage.

You must not know the way of heat round Jesus that is known as the M44. Like seriously 260 average pen on a tier 6, as somebody stated above tier 6 and below have negligible splash so why not spreme heat.

Unless you're against gold rounds I guess.

The HEAT round is awesome, I guess for me it was just playing lower tier arty. It seems hard to land shots from a combination of RNG, chaotic matches, long aim time, etc.