Meirzin

WGL Grand Finals

Well 4th place in the world is still respectable. To bad they didnt even dent NA'VI.

I'm not sure what just happened. Does Kazna train Ruinberg?  :beard:

How does the map ban phase work on these tournaments? Who picks 1st?

Probably the one with better seed.

So I just turned this on and watched a game since I heard the format had changed quite a lot. It was a bunch of Asians vs. a bunch of Russians and the first 2 games were won almost entirely by RNG. When they switched to the player views it just showed a bunch of guys swarming around in T-54s (I don't know the actual name of the tank) autoaiming the other players. I guess this is "more exciting" than the constant camping draws but I don't really understand how this could be considered as "competitive" gaming. Maybe I was just watching bad teams. Also, why is QuickyBaby commentating for the NA matches, isn't he EU?

I believe they have accounts with every crew skill unlocked, so dead crew members and damaged gun doesn't have that big effect. Although if commander is dead then JOT doesn't work of course.

I didn't see any RNG, but I saw some surprisingly basic tactics. Pick T54 lwt -> swarm enemy -> ??? -> hope for profit.

I was actually quite disappointed by a lot of the matches. Those tactics were something that I would come up with, which is a bit funny. 

Also, most anti-climactic finale ever. But that is not anyones fault per se, it is just what happens when one team outplays the other completely.

I believe they have accounts with every crew skill unlocked, so dead crew members and damaged gun doesn't have that big effect. Although if commander is dead then JOT doesn't work of course.

only the loader was still alive

WoT is too one dimentional to be serious esports title.

Zerg rush clashes in final showed it perfectly. It looked so bad on so many levels.

Imagine CS:GO when every round both teams just rush short ?!

you don't think the more skillful zerg wins?

Well guys, there will be another championship soon. Why not assemble teams and roll the dice or play swarm tactics and see how it goes? It sounds like you have quite decent chances of being better than them. 

I dont see why you feel the need to be so passive aggresive when we are just discussing the event and what we saw. Besides, I dont see anyone saying that they could've done it better or even hint at it.

Why not explain to us why for example the given tactics were used? I am sure I am just missing something and would love to learn more about the tactical side of the battles. 

I dont see why you feel the need to be so passive aggresive when we are just discussing the event and what we saw. Besides, I dont see anyone saying that they could've done it better or even hint at it.

Why not explain to us why for example the given tactics were used? I am sure I am just missing something and would love to learn more about the tactical side of the battles. 

Well just by knowing how much practice and time it takes to get on that level you can easily deduce its not just by fluke. There is a reason, not everyone can get there, in fact, just a few do. The tactics seem simple, but lets step back and observe the bigger picture...that sounds exactly how players with less skill think of when watching streams and replays.... "I could do that all day, i just need to do this and that and it will all fall in place..."

While we all here like to show how well we play in randoms farming on suckers and noobs and showing our wn8's and WR and e-pen, they are the only one that go and play against seven extremely skilled opponents every time.

Well just by knowing how much practice and time it takes to get on that level you can easily deduce its not just by fluke. There is a reason, not everyone can get there, in fact, just a few do. The tactics seem simple, but lets step back and observe the bigger picture...that sounds exactly how players with less skill think of when watching streams and replays.... "I could do that all day, i just need to do this and that and it will all fall in place..."

While we all here like to show how well we play in randoms farming on suckers and noobs and showing our wn8's and WR and e-pen, they are the only one that go and play against seven extremely skilled opponents every time.

Except that what they actually did was tap "r" thrice and then autoaim the same target as their teammates did. The point is that when the skill ceiling is low and RNG determines a large portion of the outcome of the game you will see the meta stagnate which (according to what I just watched) has already happened.

There are many types of events where, the more skilled the competitors, the less fun it is to watch.  Imho tanks is definitely one.  Each side knows the other is too good for crazy shit to work, but it's usually crazy shit that is fun to watch

Except that what they actually did was tap "r" thrice and then autoaim the same target as their teammates did. The point is that when the skill ceiling is low and RNG determines a large portion of the outcome of the game you will see the meta stagnate which (according to what I just watched) has already happened.

Yeah. Thets exactly how its played.

yeah that is true.  now that the game comes up with approaches, communicates for you and shows you where to go once the teams cash into each other, what's the point?

Also, the team that won was NOT the team that was the zerg rush all the time team.  It was the team that adapted and was able to counteract and destroy the zerg rush team.

There are many types of events where, the more skilled the competitors, the less fun it is to watch.  Imho tanks is definitely one.  Each side knows the other is too good for crazy shit to work, but it's usually crazy shit that is fun to watch

did you watch today?  i saw mostly crazy shit.

Yeah. Thets exactly how its played.

Are you telling me that isn't what happened on Prokhorovka and Ruinberg? Did my eyes deceive me? I'm pretty sure that was the tactic that was used more than twice. Perhaps not all of the players were autoaiming but when it went to the player view for at least one player that's what it showed, perhaps it was a camera mod error? I'm also not sure of the stats of the tank that made up the majority of the matches but it seemed to be able to penetrate itself anywhere.

Again, you are not responding to anything I feel like I stated. I never said that it was easy or that anyone could do it.

I just say that the tactics they are using are surprisingly simple. I thought they would use some next-level type of tactics with fakeouts, baiting, crossfire and whatnot - but no, they just R-R-R and swarm (simplified of course).

I thought they would use some next-level type of tactics with fakeouts, baiting, crossfire and whatnot - but no, they just R-R-R and swarm (simplified of course).

But they did use that.  :beard:

It looks simple to an untrained eye because you don't know what to look for and because the games are so fast now in the LT meta. 

But they did use that.  :beard:

It looks simple to an untrained eye because you don't know what to look for and because the games are so fast now in the LT meta. 

I am sorry, but I didn't see it in any of the 3-5 battles I watched (finale included). Maybe I watched the wrong ones then. :)