Rexxie

Quick Questions/Quick Answers

I have not played the Luchs so I cannot make an honest opinion of it other than looking at the stats but I have played the M5 Stuart. how is the Luchs better other than DPM?

I like the Luchs... as a scout.  Honestly though, the Luchs will get its burst off on a M5 and even if it lands every shot (which is doubtful due to its poor accuracy) it will still fail to kill the M5.  Then while it spends the rest of its life reloading, the M5 will kill it. 

perhaps we should platoon M5's lt_lolcat and find a 3rd and wreak chaos across the mid-tiers where we reside

perhaps we should platoon M5's lt_lolcat and find a 3rd and wreak chaos across the mid-tiers where we reside

anytime you want, I love my M5A1 

After unlocking T-44 and T-54 stock respectively, anything that is advisable to free exp? Turret, gun etc?

iirc, the T-54 doesn't need the upgraded tracks to mount everything  but I'd go for the turret and and gun then engine and tracks in whatever order you want them. I'd check the weights cause my memory is a bit foggy 

I would say nay, if only to get gold compensation for it later. And its fun to blap tier 5 players with sometimes.

on the Tier 5 M4 Sherman (started grinding last night to the E8 and onwards as I am looking to hit the M46 Patton) - I transplanted my M7 crew as they had all completed their first skill at the very least but I cannot fathom the best use of the 3rd slot. I am running vents/rammer/optics at the moment and tried both guns. I am wondering if GLD would be more beneficial on this tank than optics

Which gun are you using? On the 76 i would run the GLD, but on the derp i dont think there would be too much benefit so  would run optics instead (Just my 2 cents)

on the Tier 5 M4 Sherman (started grinding last night to the E8 and onwards as I am looking to hit the M46 Patton) - I transplanted my M7 crew as they had all completed their first skill at the very least but I cannot fathom the best use of the 3rd slot. I am running vents/rammer/optics at the moment and tried both guns. I am wondering if GLD would be more beneficial on this tank than optics

I used GLD/Rammer/Optics.

Is it possible to shoot a tank through the hull (lower plate for instance), and have the shell go through their track? I've really only noticed it while shooting Rhoombas. I'll shoot for the front hull at a somewhat steep angle, the shell goes through the front hull and does damage, and then tracks them. I have no complaints about it, but it would be pretty sucky to be the Rhm player.

Is it possible to shoot a tank through the hull (lower plate for instance), and have the shell go through their track? I've really only noticed it while shooting Rhoombas. I'll shoot for the front hull at a somewhat steep angle, the shell goes through the front hull and does damage, and then tracks them. I have no complaints about it, but it would be pretty sucky to be the Rhm player.

Yup, that's how it works. Once the shell pens the tank, it will go through it and hit any modules that are behind point of impact (up to the distance of 10 times shell's caliber). Doesn't matter if module on the shell's path is track.

Fun fact - the shell doesn't even have to travel through the tank in order to hit the next module. While driving ELC, I once had my both tracks destroyed, but didn't receive HP damage. The shell hit low into my right track, went below the hull and hit left track also. Both tracks turned red, but I still had full HP.

Question on how silly I am. I don't like the T-34-85... it just doesn't seem to click and I can't seem to do right in it. Same with the T-34 (which I aced, got a MoE but no love lost on it)... but the Rudy I played 4 times and I got a BIA 2ce, Radley Walters once... Rudy shouldn't be that different should it? The crew on it has the 0 skill BIA though, could that make the difference?

Same question but different for the 50 100 vs 50 120. With the 50 100 I never felt I clicked... I had some good games, a lot more derp games but I feel the 50 120 is better even though that started with a mostly stock crew (except for the commander who came from the Polar bear as loader and trained with the 50 120 crew on the FCM 50t until he had 6th)... Most threads I read indicate the 50 120 is worse than the 50 100 but I seem to do better in it (almost 10% difference in winrate)

Same question but different for the 50 100 vs 50 120. With the 50 100 I never felt I clicked... I had some good games, a lot more derp games but I feel the 50 120 is better even though that started with a mostly stock crew (except for the commander who came from the Polar bear as loader and trained with the 50 120 crew on the FCM 50t until he had 6th)... Most threads I read indicate the 50 120 is worse than the 50 100 but I seem to do better in it (almost 10% difference in winrate)

the 50120 seems to have better gun control, which is the biggest problem with the 50100, and tier for tier, the 120mm is a much better gun.  All the hate comes from exposure problems due to elevation, depression, size, etc.

If you know how to take shots with a tall tank that gets -6 to +6, its actually a pretty good.  

Rudy shouldn't be that different should it?

I don't notice a difference.  Both are excellent and very fun.

Does that shell have to pen the exit armor as well then?

I have no idea what this means. 

Yup, that's how it works. Once the shell pens the tank, it will go through it and hit any modules that are behind point of impact (up to the distance of 10 times shell's caliber). Doesn't matter if module on the shell's path is track.

Fun fact - the shell doesn't even have to travel through the tank in order to hit the next module. While driving ELC, I once had my both tracks destroyed, but didn't receive HP damage. The shell hit low into my right track, went below the hull and hit left track also. Both tracks turned red, but I still had full HP.

the 50120 seems to have better gun control, which is the biggest problem with the 50100, and tier for tier, the 120mm is a much better gun.  All the hate comes from exposure problems due to elevation, depression, size, etc.

If you know how to take shots with a tall tank that gets -6 to +6, its actually a pretty good.  

I don't notice a difference.  Both are excellent and very fun.

It was in line with these posts... if you can pen a hull, do damage and then damage the outside track... does that shell pen the lfp, then the side, then the track?

Golem501, on 23 May 2015 - 09:25 AM, said:snapback.png

Does that shell have to pen the exit armor as well then?

I think he's saying that the tank is like a box.  If the shell has to go through the armor to get inside the box does it have to go back out through the armor to get out and damage the tracks.

Question on how silly I am. I don't like the T-34-85... it just doesn't seem to click and I can't seem to do right in it. Same with the T-34 (which I aced, got a MoE but no love lost on it)... but the Rudy I played 4 times and I got a BIA 2ce, Radley Walters once... Rudy shouldn't be that different should it? The crew on it has the 0 skill BIA though, could that make the difference?

I had to free exp the last 50k of the 50 100 tbh. I got sick of only penning MAYBE 3 shells out of 6 because of the fire control, and then having to wait for almost a freaking minute to do anything again. The 50 120 totally solved this problem for me with much better fire control and a smaller clip with a ~33 second reload, so I didn't hesitate near as much to force a reload. The extra pen on top of that is just gravy.

The depression was never really a problem for me as I'm used to playing with -6 or less, so this felt great. The elevation was pretty annoying at times, but just try to keep yourself out of those situations.

50B is fantastic and remedies all the issues from the 50 120 with the exception being arty.

Is module damage on premium HESH ammo in FV4202 some how reduced? I've a lot of penetrating hits on various tanks, but I've never damaged/destroyed any useful module with HESH... Bad luck?

Top engine on T44 worth it?

I thought so, it makes the tank noticeably nippier. Plus if you ever go down the other TD line it's 27k less XP to spend on the SU-101.

Top engine on T44 worth it?

Very much so.  I liked the tank quite a bit in elite configuration.  

I only sold it after playing the 416, which became my keeper tier 8 medium.  

Is module damage on premium HESH ammo in FV4202 some how reduced? I've a lot of penetrating hits on various tanks, but I've never damaged/destroyed any useful module with HESH... Bad luck?

No. HE(SH) has the same module damage and damage roll percentages as anything else. The former is set by the caliber, the latter set by the module, not the shot (exception Deadeye which only adds to kinetic or HEAT rounds). HE(SH) does have a lower chance to hurt crew to offset the fact that it's going to proc against so many of them at once.

I have a couple of ideas myself, but why do I seem to run lower win rates (especially in prems) when platooning (for example IS-6 is 75% solo while I seem to win around 60% in platoons)?

Several things may factor in:

• You are on the high end of a possible solo w/r - you may overperform
  • Same thing but reversed for your platoon play - you may underperform
  • You play differently when platooning and play a role which doesn not suite you (e.g. you feel the need to push all the time in a platoon while solo you play more carefully)
  • You face more enemy platoons (?)