Rexxie

Quick Questions/Quick Answers

If you have 200mm pen, you can get through some very small parts of the sides of an IS-6 mantlet.  Very satisfying when they sail through, but you will get lots of bounces if you try from medium range.  I once tried to pen a hull down IS-6 with the derpy IS-5 gun, and ended up giving him like 3k damaged blocked.  

The left side specifically is easiest to pen (right side looking at it), its 190mm effective.

If you have 200mm pen, you can get through some very small parts of the sides of an IS-6 mantlet.  Very satisfying when they sail through, but you will get lots of bounces if you try from medium range.  I once tried to pen a hull down IS-6 with the derpy IS-5 gun, and ended up giving him like 3k damaged blocked.  

You can just shoot straight at the gun though. There's a hole behind the mantlet.

How many games on average does it take you elite types to single MOE a T9/10 tank? I know there's some of you who get 3 in like a hundred games or something, but are they an outlier or can most "average" purples do it?

Basically it's taking me about 100 games to get one MOE, wondering what that should get down to.

How many games on average does it take you elite types to single MOE a T9/10 tank? I know there's some of you who get 3 in like a hundred games or something, but are they an outlier or can most "average" purples do it?

Basically it's taking me about 100 games to get one MOE, wondering what that should get down to.

Depends on the tank. Also note, I'm not elite. 

Heavies ~50-70 for 1 MOE

Meds - I've played my last 50 games in my 140 @2700 DPG...still no MOE.

Is there a website/program which shows internal module locations using the WOT in game models? Ideally in 3D.

I am aware that such mods exist but are illegal in game.

The armor inspector app for android does that, but not for all tanks.

Camouflage or Fire Fighting for Loader for IS-7? (only these 2 and Safe Stowage left but already got that on one loader)

I guess it depends whether you use AFE on it or food.

Camouflage or Fire Fighting for Loader for IS-7? (only these 2 and Safe Stowage left but already got that on one loader)

IMO camo is totally useless

t9 moe in ~30-35 games

t10 moe in ~40-45 games

not sure what avg purples do it in, never really asked, with your current skill level i would say 1 moe in around 100 games is definitely feasible.  of course there are a lot more variables involved with this, such as the vehicle class, which types you have a knack for so to speak and which tanks you pick up the right playstyle quicker

Usually takes me ~60-70 games for one on a tier 10, ~80-90 for two, and 3 takes how ever long it goes until I decide to tryhard and get 3. But casual play and I usually sit around 90-92% 

Firefighting is even more totally useless. Get Camouflage.

What if you're using food instead of FE? I think it makes sense in such case.

I'd expect most everyone who drives an IS-7 is using AFE, but sure, if he's using food already I guess firefighting might be slightly more useful. I really wouldn't recommend food on an IS-7 that only has a firefighting loader, though...

I'd expect most everyone who drives an IS-7 is using AFE, but sure, if he's using food already I guess firefighting might be slightly more useful. I really wouldn't recommend food on an IS-7 that only has a firefighting loader, though...

Stop exposing your side, Kappas :^) 

T29/34 Radio Operator - BiA, Repairs, Situational Awareness currently, debating on Relaying or Signal Boosting for 4th... or am I overlooking something?

T29/34 Radio Operator - BiA, Repairs, Situational Awareness currently, debating on Relaying or Signal Boosting for 4th... or am I overlooking something?

Little though it may be, you'll get more benefit out of camo or firefighting than either of those two.

The maps in WoT are simply too small for these skills to make a difference, unless you are a redline "sniper" or a clicker you will never be further away than maybe 800-1000 meters in some rare and extreme cases (e.g some red "scout" who managed to somehow get into the enemy artypark within the first 2 minutes of the game) and even if you run out of radio range (which will only occur if either you or your ally gets your/his radio taken out) the positions of the enemy/allied tanks will be useless to you anyway since they are on the other side of the map and way outside your renderrange.  The only tanks that MIGHT benefit from it are Clickers (which generally have good enough radios to communicate with everyone anyway except maybe for the lowest tiers).

So I would (if I were you) pick Camo or firefighting like the previous Poster suggested (Camo over FF if you are using an Automatic fire extinguisher)

Optimal setup for IS-7 would probably be using food/AFE/repair. You have the strongest turret in the game, crew death isn't much of an issue. Yeah, the driver might eat it every once in a while but Jack of All Trades is a decent enough substitute. Though there always is arty...

tank-compare.com tells me that the Bulldog with default turret + autoloader (but otherwise fully upgraded) is slightly lighter than the Bulldog with the upgraded turret + autoloader. However, it then lists the latter setup as having slightly higher hp/ton.

How does this work? Can a heavier turret (all other things being equal incl. engine) lead to having better hp/t?

tank-compare.com tells me that the Bulldog with default turret + autoloader (but otherwise fully upgraded) is slightly lighter than the Bulldog with the upgraded turret + autoloader. However, it then lists the latter setup as having slightly higher hp/ton.

How does this work? Can a heavier turret (all other things being equal incl. engine) lead to having better hp/t?

Upgraded&Auto: 24.585kg 22.37sp

Stock Turret&Auto: 24.313kg 22.62sp

Source: http://tankinspector.sinaapp.com

They've just got it wrong it seems.

It works fine for me:

http://tank-compare.com/en/compare/m41-walker-bulldog/m41-walker-bulldog#T1=530I431I47I640I115&T2=531I431I47I640I115

My guess is that you accidentally put in a different gun for one of them

So perhaps the dumbest question ever asked here- I've been going through a bunch of posts on different TD's in the German RHm line, and a number of them (especially concerning the toaster, RHM, and WT) suggest going "reverse hull down" in order to deal with a lack of gun depression.  (actually again mentioned in a post just a bit ago)

..What is "reverse hull down"? Only things I can think of are

A) Backing your tank up the hill- which wouldn't increase your depression in all tanks

B) Parking on the side of the hill facing the enemy- which (and I'm just guessing here) would seem to create issues for your continued survival.

So hoping there's a C) and I'm just an idiot...