Rexxie

Quick Questions/Quick Answers

So perhaps the dumbest question ever asked here- I've been going through a bunch of posts on different TD's in the German RHm line, and a number of them (especially concerning the toaster, RHM, and WT) suggest going "reverse hull down" in order to deal with a lack of gun depression.  (actually again mentioned in a post just a bit ago)

..What is "reverse hull down"? Only things I can think of are

A) Backing your tank up the hill- which wouldn't increase your depression in all tanks

B) Parking on the side of the hill facing the enemy- which (and I'm just guessing here) would seem to create issues for your continued survival.

So hoping there's a C) and I'm just an idiot...

"Reverse hull-down" can mean one of two things to me.

1. I can't remember if this is true with the RHM, but I know that the WT IV gets worse depression when looking forward over the rest of the tank. However, once the gun is clear of the engine deck, you gain additional depression -2 or 3 if I remember rightly. Therefore, you would get better depression if you backed up to an incline as opposed to pulling forward into it. Additionally, since your tank can go faster forward than backwards, you can pull away quicker once you get your shot off, which is the only benefit you would get from pulling the Borsig up to a hill in reverse.

2. Think of two hills with a low spot between them which you are in. Instead of pulling forward to the hill in front of you, making you crest over it with not enough gun dep, reverse into the one behind you, so that as you climb the hill, your gun starts pointing upwards and use the hill in front of you as a pseudo hull-down if that makes sense.

How many lines do you elite types grind at a time? Something someone mentioned in game that caught my attention was they only ground one line at a time. He (or she) just started the Jagdpanther so wouldn't play any other tanks until he was done with that line.

I'm thinking this might be a better (or have been a better) idea than working on (well right now) lines (at varying tiers) 11 different lines of tanks. And obviously my tanking skills are lacking in many.  And I'm really tempted to try out the Jagdpanther, and I'd like to start some arty as well..

Just curious if most of you do one (or two or three) at a time, or if you managed to handle working on 11 or more successfully.  

How many lines do you elite types grind at a time? Something someone mentioned in game that caught my attention was they only ground one line at a time. He (or she) just started the Jagdpanther so wouldn't play any other tanks until he was done with that line.

I'm thinking this might be a better (or have been a better) idea than working on (well right now) lines (at varying tiers) 11 different lines of tanks. And obviously my tanking skills are lacking in many.  And I'm really tempted to try out the Jagdpanther, and I'd like to start some arty as well..

Just curious if most of you do one (or two or three) at a time, or if you managed to handle working on 11 or more successfully.  

Let´s see all the lines I am currently "grinding":

-Chinese heavyline (currently at the 110)

-2nd French medline (currently at the AMX 30 prot)

-French heavyline (currently at the AMX M4 mle.)

-French clickers (currently at the Tier 8 Lorraine)

-British medline (currently at the Tier 9 Centurion)*

-T57-line (currently at the T54E1)

-American clickerline (currently at the M12)*

-T62a (currently at the T-54)

-Object 268-line (currently at the Object 704)*

-Russian Clicker-line (at the S-51)*

-Chinese Med-line (at the T-34-2)*

-German turretless TDs (at the Jagdpanther)*

-T110E5-Line (at the M103)*

-E3/E4 (at the T25/2)*

The ones with the star I haven´t played in the last few weeks, so effectivly you could say I am currently grinding 6 different lines (which is still probably above average)

If you play one line at the time, you will most likely end up playing better than if you were playing different lines at the same time since you get used to that tanks specific playstyle so I would suggest you to do so unless you get easily bored playing the same tank over and over again (like me)

2/3 at a time is probably the most efficient, since having to wait for every match to end to get back to the grind is very bad. I used to grind ~5-6 lines at a time, but there's no longer any grinds left for me. This isn't an issue for everyone, but if you grind too many lines at a time you may get bored since you'll progress very slow. For some players this doesn't matter, for others it does.

JT88 is going out of the in game shop and out of the premium shop later... should I scoop it up or not? It seems to be a top creditmaker but I have a T34, Löwe, FCM 50t, CDC and some 7's already. I am not really active in TD lines but I have a E-25 / Stug crew available and am slowly going up the German TD line (because I figure I will need top tier TD's some day for missions). 

should I scoop it up or not?

I'd have to say no, but it really depends on how lose you are with your money. Is 45 dollars significant? The main purpose of the JT88 is, in my opinion, to be able to play as brainlessly as possible without it getting you killed. You have a Lowe and T34 though, and they do the same thing. As a TD trainer it's good, but since you already have an E-25 it's probably not worthwhile.

I think the tank shines mostly when platooning with non-purples in heavy tanks. If you platoon with unicums a lot, this is a definite do-not-buy. The tank needs long matches to be effective, and unicums (especially in medium tanks) tend to win games before you get anything done.

JT88 is going out of the in game shop and out of the premium shop later... should I scoop it up or not? It seems to be a top creditmaker but I have a T34, Löwe, FCM 50t, CDC and some 7's already. I am not really active in TD lines but I have a E-25 / Stug crew available and am slowly going up the German TD line (because I figure I will need top tier TD's some day for missions). 

should I scoop it up or not?

It's totally worth it if you can still get the intel codes for it.  Otherwise, it's really slow and kind of boring to play.  It does make money but it's about as fun as playing the Tog. 

No Idea how to remove a quote I don't want...

I'd have to say no, but it really depends on how lose you are with your money. Is 45 dollars significant? The main purpose of the JT88 is, in my opinion, to be able to play as brainlessly as possible without it getting you killed. You have a Lowe and T34 though, and they do the same thing. As a TD trainer it's good, but since you already have an E-25 it's probably not worthwhile.

I think the tank shines mostly when platooning with non-purples in heavy tanks. If you platoon with unicums a lot, this is a definite do-not-buy. The tank needs long matches to be effective, and unicums (especially in medium tanks) tend to win games before you get anything done.

See play brainlessly sounds like me. I hardly ever play the Löwe and T34 anymore because slow etc. (maybe I will pick up the Löwe again).

I don't platoon a lot, I do a lot of solo runs. 

If I would get it I would probably get it for ingame gold. I still have gold left from when they gave away free PZ 2 J's (well sorta)...  and I was sorta thinking to putting that towards a SP if and when discounts happen on premium tanks (which EU did NOT get while NA DID get them... surprise)... but another few bits and bytes that will go out of shop...  *sigh*

I liked the E-25 a lot. I don't really like TD's in general (T67 excluded) and recently I played the ISU-122S and I quite like that but I tend to be too agressive.. (I get annoyed when the IS's and T29's don't push and then try to bypass them to get in front and get shots off... )

45 dollars/euro's is quite a bit... and I did start Russian Medium lines so training those may be more worthy... 

thanks for the feedback. 

I often watch streams and the streamers say: I play without mods.

And it seems true. Until they suddenly zoom out (a lot) or zoom in. More than I can in my vanilla client.

Is there a setting I am missing? Or do they use a mod after all?

Wasn't the ZoomX mod bannable lately? or did I just read some old thread on the internet.

Uncle Google: zoomOut on arty from 2014 against tracers which was resolved, so everything seems fine.

and out of curioucity what are the basic values of the zoom?

Uncle Google: x2 x4 x8 (if its correct).

How many things Uncle can answer if you simply ask xD

w0w r00d

Sorry dude... no offense, I was going to quote you on something, thought better of it and when I came back the quote was here again... and I couldn't remove it for some reason... 

<3

What was the micropatch?

There was some sort of update this morning and my system changed the way data is saved on the hard drive??? 

Sorry dude... no offense, I was going to quote you on something, thought better of it and when I came back the quote was here again... and I couldn't remove it for some reason... 
<3

The quotes on this board are weird and hard to work with. 

3rd-ed... :P

The quotes on this board are weird and hard to work with. 

so are the locals - on topic though...on mobile its a nightmare to quote/post stuff

What was the micropatch?

There was some sort of update this morning and my system changed the way data is saved on the hard drive??? 

According to Tanitha from Sea:

The update was mainly client optimization in preparation for 9.10 ..

To prepare the client for client size reducing features, and reducing downloading and downtime for players during 9.10

As an added bonus the replay system got broken. 

According to Tanitha from Sea:

As an added bonus the replay system got broken. 

Nice one thanks! I was surprised @RitaGamer didn't report it to be honest... not really surprised there was nothing on the EU website though ;)