Rexxie

Quick Questions/Quick Answers

Can anyone give me a pointer how to permanently enlarge my minimap (somewhere in XVM settings) so that it takes up a larger part of my screen when not zoomed in?

Size changes made by the =/- keys are persistent unless you watch a replay. No XVM required.

Size changes made by the =/- keys are persistent unless you watch a replay. No XVM required.

Sadly, that doesn´t work for me, so I thought it must be somewhere in the XVM settings (using OMC XVM Config with minimap extension).

I've started getting this bug recently:

ZyJa0iU.jpg

The game just gets stuck like that immediately after leaving the match, anyone know what causes it?

Google doesn't seem to have any answers.

I've started getting this bug recently:

Hidden Content

The game just gets stuck like that immediately after leaving the match, anyone know what causes it?

Google doesn't seem to have any answers.

Are you playing vanilla? If you don't have any mods try to reinstall the client, if u do have mods, try without them. If the problem remains even after a reinstall on vanilla client contact support via ticket

Why is damage absorbed by tracks not counted as blocked by armor?
Is there any good reason for it or official statement on it?

They simply changed this when they introduced the dmg blocked by armour stat in the result panel. It used to be "potential dmg recieved" and it counted everything if i remember correctly. There was no announcement that I can remember.

On a side note: I think the absorbed hits that don't count are the ones that do not even hit your hull and go in the tracks only. Await further confirmation, since I'm not 100% sure

They simply changed this when they introduced the dmg blocked by armour stat in the result panel. It used to be "potential dmg recieved" and it counted everything if i remember correctly. There was no announcement that I can remember.

On a side note: I think the absorbed hits that don't count are the ones that do not even hit your hull and go in the tracks only. Await further confirmation, since I'm not 100% sure

Here is further confirmation since I am 100% sure (read it on wotlabs, so it must be true :) )... If the shell goes through the tracks and bounces of the side armor, it will be counted. If it hits the tracks, but goes under the tank, or parallel to the tank (if you hit the track straight on), it won't count.

The reason why it's not counted as "blocked by armor" is obvious - it wasn't blocked by armor (shell actually missed the entire armor).

Why is damage absorbed by tracks not counted as blocked by armor?
Is there any good reason for it or official statement on it?

Because it does deal hp damage. Tracks have HP. 

Personally I think there may something behind it like the bonus for tanking where they want to make a difference between tanking / angling / bouncing and absorbing etc. 

Here is further confirmation since I am 100% sure (read it on wotlabs, so it must be true :) )... If the shell goes through the tracks and bounces of the side armor, it will be counted. If it hits the tracks, but goes under the tank, or parallel to the tank (if you hit the track straight on), it won't count.

The reason why it's not counted as "blocked by armor" is obvious - it wasn't blocked by armor (shell actually missed the entire armor).

All right, so there still is a chance that you get some damage blocked by armor by sidescraping. Thanks for clearing that up :)

Because it does deal hp damage. Tracks have HP. 
Personally I think there may something behind it like the bonus for tanking where they want to make a difference between tanking / angling / bouncing and absorbing etc. 

If a shell goes through your tracks, tracking you (i.e. doing HP damage to your tracks' HP) but continues on to bounce off your angled side armour, it's still blocked damage, even though this supposed 'HP damage' was dealt.

Is there a list of all the forum titles and requirements to get them?

edit
Let me reformulate that: Is this list published anywhere?

Edited by monty50k
stupid question is stupid

They are specifically holding the list back, or at least they were.  There are hundreds of unique titles.  It is linked to the number of posts you have, with some exceptions.  Some people, like me, marine, rexxie, ziddy, etc have custom titles.

edit
Let me reformulate that: Is this list published anywhere?

They are specifically holding the list back, or at least they were.  There are hundreds of unique titles.  It is linked to the number of posts you have, with some exceptions.  Some people, like me, marine, rexxie, ziddy, etc have custom titles.

Here's a post by pity himself:

http://forum.wotlabs.net/index.php?/topic/8326-user-title-suggestion-thread/&do=findComment&comment=167783

They might not be the most updated ones, but it's still something to look at to have an idea of what are the ones available now :) 

is the red pole mod illegal or not?

quick google, wat - I'd def say it is not legal.

I think fwend sela had smth similar to this once, shadow of disappeared tonks. It is illegal and they, wg did post an official statement regarding this iirc

Edited by Sergeant_Fgt

is the red pole mod illegal or not?

quick google, wat - I'd def say it is not legal.

I think fwend sela had smth similar to this once, shadow of disappeared tonks. It is illegal and they, wg did post an official statement regarding this iirc

It is definitely illegal on NA (to clarify, the Shadow mod was declared illegal and Red Poll/Pole is the same mod basically). I have never used either mod personally. 

Is there bad flooding where you live?

Who are you asking this?

For me "No" I live in the Netherlands... at sea level (I looked it up and it's like exactly sea level in the street where I live)... 
Anyway in my country we build waterworks to prevent flooding. The last serious case was over 60 years ago. 
The place I work is 17 km (10 miles) away from my home and is about 5 m (5 yards or 20 feet) below sea level. (still no floods)

Edited by Golem501

Did they fuck up the Maus  somehow? I've never ammoracked one, yet in the last week I've had 2.

Got replay if anyone is interested 

If you ammoracked Maus from full HP, that would be a bug/hidden nerf. If Maus already had damaged ammorack, 150+ caliber and/or high module damage roll could destroy it.