Rexxie

Quick Questions/Quick Answers

4 hours ago, sahtila said:

Could not find answer in fast search:

Do tanks have different repair speeds or do every tank repair track as fast. And does food also effect repair speed? What if crew does not have repair skill, does food still effect repair speed?

I believe tank classes have different track repair speeds, although I'm not positive what's for sure longer/shorter. In my experience, it does seem like heavies repair the fastest and light tanks the slowest, but it could be confirmation bias. Not sure about the food part but I would imagine so.

Witnessed a shot last night that I need a better explanation for.

Last survivor in a T6 stronghold. She was driving a T37. The enemy was a VK36.01H. She was on cap circle, mostly hiding behind a shed, a bit of her poking out looking for enemy. Enemy was not lit till after firing. VK had popped up over a rise with no cover or concealment. 

Please excuse this assumption, but I think it's safe to say that she has some vision skills with the crew, and the enemy probably did not. Her tanks innate vision and camo are much better. I said it was probably a blind shot, even though I don't believe that to be the case. How does the enemy heavy light our scout while remaining unseen?

29 minutes ago, Malcontint said:

Last survivor in a T6 stronghold. She was driving a T37. The enemy was a VK36.01H. She was on cap circle, mostly hiding behind a shed, a bit of her poking out looking for enemy. Enemy was not lit till after firing. VK had popped up over a rise with no cover or concealment. 

Please excuse this assumption, but I think it's safe to say that she has some vision skills with the crew, and the enemy probably did not. Her tanks innate vision and camo are much better. I said it was probably a blind shot, even though I don't believe that to be the case. How does the enemy heavy light our scout while remaining unseen?

Likely a visibility checkpoint was poking out, but not a viewport.

http://wiki.wargaming.net/en/Battle_Mechanics#Spotting_Mechanics

900px-View_range_ports.png

900px-Visibility_checkpoints.png

58 minutes ago, Malcontint said:

24 minutes ago, engineered said:

Likely a visibility checkpoint was poking out, but not a viewport.

That wouldn't explain the fact VK was spotted after firing. If it was blocked visibility port, than VK would remain unspoted even after firing.

My bet is on timeout in visibility checks + lag. When combining the two, you can easily have 1-2 seconds where VK spotted T37 and managed to fire, before T37 spotted him. In this scenario, firing didn't reveal VK's position, he would have been lit even without firing (only few seconds too late).

http://www.wotinfo.net/en/camo-calculator

Skills and camo and the VK3601 can outspot a T37. Around the 380 m range T37 would spot only after firing. Equipments, camo and skills can mess this up.. Base 0-0 bonus the T37 would win the vision game but with paint and binocs / optics... (Actually active optics on the VK alone would screw up the engagement for the T37 already.)

when a tank can pivot in place, does that mean that turning the tank will apply turning bloom, but not traveling bloom?  

and when a tank can't pivot in place, does turning always engage both blooms?

---

A while ago, i used to be able to turn a tank in sniper mode, and keep my camera pointed in the desired direction.  now, whenever I turn in sniper mode, the camera turns in equal measure to the turn.  how do I stop this?

1 hour ago, weesh said:

when a tank can pivot in place, does that mean that turning the tank will apply turning bloom, but not traveling bloom?  

and when a tank can't pivot in place, does turning always engage both blooms?

Bloom is scaled by speed, and the combination method is sqrt(1+a^2+b^2+c^2), so it's almost impossible to tell. The additional bloom from moving at 2-3kmph on top of the full-speed traverse bloom would be proportionally negligible.

20 minutes ago, RichardNixon said:

Bloom is scaled by speed, and the combination method is sqrt(1+a^2+b^2+c^2), so it's almost impossible to tell. The additional bloom from moving at 2-3kmph on top of the full-speed traverse bloom would be proportionally negligible.

so is there any real benefit to a tank that can pivot?

2 minutes ago, weesh said:

In some cases it can let you rotate without exposing yourself to fire. Not a huge factor generally thought.

1 hour ago, weesh said:

Yes, but it's of limited use. Your turning radius is smaller on a tank that can pivot, meaning that it will be harder to circle-strafe a tank that can pivot. When it can pivot, your center of rotation is in the middle of your tank, between your tracks. When a tank cannot pivot, the center of your turn is to the middle outside of whichever track you're turning on, making your radius wider. The only tanks this would really affect are TDs and heavies, since they're most likely to be circled around. So in effect, if two tanks have equal traverse speeds, the one that can pivot will have a higher effective traverse vs. tanks flanking around them. 

Missions question.

I've gotten 4 female crew members from the first mission.

I've done Heavy, TD and Medium missions in the first set with secondary condition and I'm working on getting Light with secondary condition so I can unlock the Stug and move up.

I'm also reluctantly doing the SPG missions, but I've only done about half of them.

I'd like to get the additional female crew member from the SPG missions but I also want to move up to the HTC missions.

Here's the question,
If I unlock the Stug and this unlocks the HTC missions, can I still go and do the missions for the Stug with SPGS so I can finish them off and get the 5th female crew member?
Or once I open the HTC missions does that prevent me from going back?

Thanks!

10 minutes ago, Equanimity said:

If I unlock the Stug and this unlocks the HTC missions, can I still go and do the missions for the Stug with SPGS so I can finish them off and get the 5th female crew member?

Thanks!

you can get it immediately, or leave it to get at a later date.  It never expires.

2 hours ago, Rexxie said:

Im curious if a tank with pivot turns faster than a tank without, given they have the same turning speed.

Amusingly, the pivot feature appears to apply a flat 5% penalty to traverse speed.

3 hours ago, RichardNixon said:

Amusingly, the pivot feature appears to apply a flat 5% penalty to traverse speed.

That would make sense given that a pivot would make it effectively faster, albeit still dumb. It is also worth noting that there are fewer pivoting tanks than non-pivoting. 

13 hours ago, weesh said:

Sometimes I find it useful in my light tanks when I am in a bush and don't want to have parts of my tank accidentally sticking out when I turn around to run faster in case I get spotted.
Or better, I find it annoying that I have to correct that in my non-pivoting tanks.

But again, it's a minor advantage.

12 hours ago, Equanimity said:

Missions question.

I've gotten 4 female crew members from the first mission.

I've done Heavy, TD and Medium missions in the first set with secondary condition and I'm working on getting Light with secondary condition so I can unlock the Stug and move up.

I'm also reluctantly doing the SPG missions, but I've only done about half of them.

I'd like to get the additional female crew member from the SPG missions but I also want to move up to the HTC missions.

Here's the question,

Thanks!

You can move on or go back once you have your Stug (ugh). I am currently on HTC missions for SPG's, MT's, LT's and TD's. HT missions are complete and I am back on Stug level doing those secondaries there. 

I also got the stug before doing SPG missions to get more girly crewmembers. 

On 11/5/2015, 2:46:01, Golem501 said:

http://www.wotinfo.net/en/camo-calculator

Skills and camo and the VK3601 can outspot a T37. Around the 380 m range T37 would spot only after firing. Equipments, camo and skills can mess this up.. Base 0-0 bonus the T37 would win the vision game but with paint and binocs / optics... (Actually active optics on the VK alone would screw up the engagement for the T37 already.)

I chatted with the VK driver the next day. It turns out he was his teams scout. Had binocs, net, and vision skills. Surprised me. Thanks for responses.

0k I have asked this question before and have been told it can't happen period dot.   Well once again I've gotten BELOW the minimum damage listed for a shot.   To be specific-- target Is6 "Mohawk" on the roof above the gun shield hit for 4 count em 4 points of damage.  The roof is not spaced armor or tracks right, just plain armor.  here is the screen shot of the hit log showing the 4 points of damage.

Please explain how you can't get BELOW minimum damage listed if this occurs.

10 minutes ago, Baron Georg said:

0k I have asked this question before and have been told it can't happen period dot.   Well once again I've gotten BELOW the minimum damage listed for a shot.   To be specific-- target Is6 "Mohawk" on the roof above the gun shield hit for 4 count em 4 points of damage.  The roof is not spaced armor or tracks right, just plain armor.  here is the screen shot of the hit log showing the 4 points of damage.

Please explain how you can't get BELOW minimum damage listed if this occurs.

Maybe you fired HE? Post screen shot or replay+time.