Rexxie

Quick Questions/Quick Answers

2 hours ago, Sexy_Dave said:

2 questions- probably answered but I couldn't find it..

1) Do you guys tend to use AFEs? I find that I tend to burn ..rarely in stuff like the AX (my first T10..so..) but I'm always getting ammo racked. Samr thing with my T8 Panther 2 & 88.  So I'm thinking of pulling out the AFE and replacing it with a second repair kit. ( It would obviously be better to learn the skill of "not getting hit", but I'm not there yet).

2) Is armorer skill worth in in high tier tanks? Never bothered before, but I'm finding (in addition to the ammo racks) my gun's get damaged a lot, At T5-7 my tank wasn't really around that much to worry about it. now with T9 and T10 tanks, I seem to be having to play substantially longer games with a damaged gun, I generally go snapshot- BIA on my gunners, then repair, but wondering if armorer would make sense to slot in 3rd.

1. At this point I only use FF in my Obj 140 and IS-4 (out of 13 t10s), because I have FF skill in my other RU tanks, and everything else doesn't burn often enough to justify losing out on a consumable slot. It is risky, but pays off well if you are more careful with your play. Most of the time I replace it with food, but I run double rep on stuff like the Obj 907/62a and E-100 (where I also have jack of all trades so I drop medkit).

2. Not really. I focus stuff like BIA, repairs, designated target, snapshot, camo, FF (not in any order, just based on tank/playstyle). As I've said in some of my past posts, focus on improving the maximum ceiling for your tank, rather than trying to raise the floor.

On 11/21/2015, 4:00:23, My_Little_Pwny said:

Shall I go with rammer, vstab and optics or GLD (maybe even vents) on the Panther II? Crew is on third skill with BiA. Fenks in advance

I'd put vents on poor camo mediums.  

---

I just got the Tiger P, and am wondering if there are some general tips for very slow tanks?

1 hour ago, weesh said:

I just got the Tiger P, and am wondering if there are some general tips for very slow tanks?

rrr

Matilda like.

Check the map, pick a flank, check the team make-up and their team make-up... start - rrr go to the flank you picked... check the team spread, if no support yell help... if still no support stop and find a defensive position instead.

If enough support keep moving and keep shooting.

If you see flanks collapsing start spamming "defend the base" if no one responds... turn back in time..

My theoretical knowledge is stronger than my gameplay so ignore my stats ;) 

Anyone knows what "Dynamic camera" setting does nowadays? IRC earlier it had to be on to get gun stabilization but not anymore? Does it still effect sideways stabilization even though vertical stabilization seems to be its own setting now?

What exactly does setting do except adds extra non-needed shake when shooting?

8 hours ago, sahtila said:

Anyone knows what "Dynamic camera" setting does nowadays? IRC earlier it had to be on to get gun stabilization but not anymore? Does it still effect sideways stabilization even though vertical stabilization seems to be its own setting now?

What exactly does setting do except adds extra non-needed shake when shooting?

Is it still the pre-requisite for vertical stabilization?  It still was the last time I checked.  I think its just that plus the shake. 
"horizontal stabilization in sniper mode" is a different option, which I highly recommend.  

---

Is there any good way to use the Tig P turret?  Going hull down at least makes you small, but you really don't have the mobility to escape quickly, so tier 8s can just maul you every time you poke.  If you pull forward far enough to temp hull shots, you just have way too much exposure.  Is there any technique that I'm missing?  

On 11/20/2015, 4:39:18, KingYoshiLuca said:

ok, so in 2 weeks I can play this cancer game again because I have time :serb:

is the centurion action x good?

did anything change in meta?

is super pershing still op?

CAX gud, meta still shit, super P is still OP.

On 21. 11. 2015, KingYoshiLuca said:

ok, so in 2 weeks I can play this cancer game again because I have time :serb:

is the centurion action x good?

did anything change in meta?

is super pershing still op?

1) Cent AX is very gud/10

2) EU? Depends when was the last time that you've played but I wouldn't really say so.

3) Great tank with APCR. :doge:

I saw an older thread here somewhere, where the accuracy of guns was being discussed on a particular tank. I forget what the accuracy value is, not that it matters, but let's just say it was 0.34 for example.

A person who had some decent stats had made a comment that if you ran Cola consumable on the tank, and had Brother in Arms, that this would help improve the accuracy to 0.32

I never saw anything to state this listed when I ever read up on aiming mechanics ages ago but maybe I am missing something here... I had always assumed that better training, and running FOOD only increases the SPEED at which you aim in, but it does NOT make the aiming reticle smaller than what that gun is set for originally when fully aimed in.

Since no other purple poster questioned him, perhaps there is something to it? This is what is puzzling me.

2 hours ago, Rexxie said:

He is correct. The training of your gunner (and to a lesser extent, commander) will not only influence your aimtime, but also your accuracy and bloom upon movement.

It doesn't directly change bloom on movement (Tank Inspector gets this wrong), but bloom is a multiplier to base accuracy, so practical bloom is affected by any change to base accuracy.

16 hours ago, RichardNixon said:

..., but bloom is a multiplier to base accuracy, so practical bloom is affected by any change to base accuracy.

that is the first time i have heard about that, can you provide a source?

9 minutes ago, Fabunil said:

that is the first time i have heard about that, can you provide a source?

Original research, although the client code confirmed most of it. I posted the accuracy formulas in a turret traverse thread a while back.

currentBloom = currentBloom * exp(-intervalTime / aimtime)
newBloom = sqrt(1 + traverseBloom^2 + moveBloom^2 + turretBloom^2)

//Where traverse/move/turret bloom are the raw dispersion values
//multiplied by current speed in degrees per second or km/h.

if (currentBloom < newBloom) currentBloom = newBloom
accuracy = baseAccuracy * currentBloom

baseAccuracy and aimtime get the usual skill modifiers as described in the wiki.

You could demonstrate directly that bloom values are multipliers by testing a tank with two guns with different accuracy but equal bloom values, eg IS 122mm vs 2nd 85mm, but the formula isn't disputed.

7 minutes ago, RichardNixon said:

Original research, although the client code confirmed most of it. I posted the accuracy formulas in a turret traverse thread a while back.

currentBloom = currentBloom * exp(-intervalTime / aimtime)
newBloom = sqrt(1 + traverseBloom^2 + moveBloom^2 + turretBloom^2)

//Where traverse/move/turret bloom are the raw dispersion values
//multiplied by current speed in degrees per second or km/h.

if (currentBloom < newBloom) currentBloom = newBloom
accuracy = baseAccuracy * currentBloom

baseAccuracy and aimtime get the usual skill modifiers as described in the wiki.

You could demonstrate directly that bloom values are multipliers by testing a tank with two guns with different accuracy but equal bloom values, eg IS 122mm vs 2nd 85mm, but the formula isn't disputed.

You never stop learning I guess, thx for that.

Can't decide on 4th skill for french heavy crew.
FF for not having having such a bad feeling while running coffee and cigarettes, or rather camo (useless on 50b but could help FCM playstyle).
Any input?

Jack of All Trades on the commander.  
ORD on the driver
Armorer on the gunner (this has proven to be nearly useless)
Situational awareness on the radio operator.  

FCM loader gets trained to about 2.8 skills and then transferred with 500g to another job.  

2 hours ago, monty50k said:

Can't decide on 4th skill for french heavy crew.
FF for not having having such a bad feeling while running coffee and cigarettes, or rather camo (useless on 50b but could help FCM playstyle).
Any input?

Forget camo skills with FCM. Even though tank feels like medium, it has true heavy tank camo values and gets instantly spotted many locations which are safe for proper mediums.

I've got everything on the M103 except the second 120mm (60k xp; slightly better reload, aim, accuracy) and the second engine (45k xp; +6% hp).  

thoughts on which I get first?  

Are the Spersh and IS-6 fair enough earners w/out a premium account or does the required sprem spam dip them into the red?

Which other prems are good for printing credits in the current meta?

5 hours ago, nemlengyel said:

Are the Spersh and IS-6 fair enough earners w/out a premium account or does the required sprem spam dip them into the red?

Which other prems are good for printing credits in the current meta?

I played both without premium account and I literally made more net profit driving T-25. SP can be slightly better earner because you can make 170 pen with 0.38 accuracy work. And even then, you'll frequently have to choose - win a game by spamming APCR, or lose game and make money using AP.

As for IS-6, 175 pen with 0.46 accuracy is total garbage and you'll have to go almost full APCR. Miss/bounce few shots and you'll end up losing credits.

I don't have any other tier 8 prems, but my guess would be something that doesn't need gold spam: FCM 50t, JT 8.8, T34, Lowe.

My pick for non premium account money maker would be FCM or T34 (whichever fits your play style more).

You can totally run the IS-6 with AP. It can be harsh at times, but it's still going to win more than most T8s will. Income with IS-6 AP is fairly standard for a T8 prem, 50-60k profits average.

14 hours ago, weesh said:

I've got everything on the M103 except the second 120mm (60k xp; slightly better reload, aim, accuracy) and the second engine (45k xp; +6% hp).  

thoughts on which I get first?  

I would go for the gun first, heavy tanks are made by the gun, not how fast they get there. I did my grind through it without getting the top gun and just unlocked it when I got the E5, but I would definitely get the top 120 after buying it back for the on track and playing it with the E5 gun.