Rexxie

Quick Questions/Quick Answers

On 11/28/2015, 9:47:43, weesh said:

I've got everything on the M103 except the second 120mm (60k xp; slightly better reload, aim, accuracy) and the second engine (45k xp; +6% hp).  

thoughts on which I get first?  

Engine. I finished the grind without the gun and did fine. You get the gun with the E5 and I personally would rather get there 60k exp quicker than have a little better gun. 

recommended equipment for T34? I have vents/rammer/binocs at the moment...is GLD worth it in this case?

3 minutes ago, enroh said:

recommended equipment for T34? I have vents/rammer/binocs at the moment...is GLD worth it in this case?

Wtf why don't u have vstab

1 minute ago, Goldflag said:

Probably because I am a retard and didn't notice that I could use them. Will swap out as soon as I can.. thanks.

8 hours ago, enroh said:

8 hours ago, Goldflag said:

Vstab and gld instead of vents. 

does preventative maintenance just help prevent engine fires, or does it effect fuel tanks too?

asking for my obj 140, fires seem to bit a mite issue

8 hours ago, enroh said:

8 hours ago, Goldflag said:

23 minutes ago, Chiroptor said:

Vstab and gld instead of vents. 

Wtf, why do yous run a rammer? Vents/GLD/Vstab/Cola/APCR/#YOLO

14 minutes ago, Curo said:

does preventative maintenance just help prevent engine fires, or does it effect fuel tanks too?

asking for my obj 140, fires seem to bit a mite issue

its pretty useless because 99.99999999999999% of fires come from rekt fuel tanks

1 minute ago, Goldflag said:

its pretty useless because 99.99999999999999% of fires come from rekt fuel tanks

so just engine fires, okay wont be getting that cause its fuel tank fires that are problematic.

so just engine fires, okay wont be getting that cause its fuel tank fires that are problematic.

the 140 is just shit for fires, nothing u can do besides take a 62a

5 hours ago, Cunicularius said:

Wtf, why do yous run a rammer? Vents/GLD/Vstab/Cola/APCR/#YOLO

I use a rammer, vstab, gld as well... really vents over rammer?

Advent Calendar 2015... and it kicks off with a T28E F30... I feel no need for that period but has anybody actually tried this? 

5 hours ago, Golem501 said:

I use a rammer, vstab, gld as well... really vents over rammer?

Yep, worked pretty well too, had a lucky bout of 15 games on 3k average, but it didn't last long enough for 3moe, last5 games was nothing but getting clicked by tier 9 and 10 arty.

11 minutes ago, Golem501 said:

That makes you really need the coke I think... and I don't think I am good enough to make that work tbh.

Of course, running this without coke is suicide.

And lol

I started with vents as I don't have BIA On this crew yet - just 6th, and full repairs. I got rammer to reduce loading times some more. I think its at about 12.5s right now.

Binocs are gone now and swapped for vstab

After reading further posts and seeing I can make credits hand over fist when not getting focused I think cola is def. worth the 20K each time. So I am thinking vents, gld, cola as a setup now.

24 minutes ago, enroh said:

After reading further posts and seeing I can make credits hand over fist when not getting focused I think cola is def. worth the 20K each time. So I am thinking vents, gld, cola as a setup now.

Consumables are on sale RIGHT NOW.

Buy several hundred colas for half off, and you are only down 10k each.

Just now, weesh said:

Consumables are on sale RIGHT NOW.

Buy several hundred colas for half off, and you are only down 10k each.

yep just saw that as I was perusing the tank sales....may pick up the rudy as I didn't last time and got only the Cromwell B and I don't have a Russian med trainer but I am having trouble making the 34-85 work as well as my E8 for me. I think it has to do with the lack opf depression on Russian tanks. I constantly find myself moving my tanks when in a Russian vehicle - any tips for that?

PS - thanks everyone for the T34 comments

2 hours ago, Golem501 said:

That makes you really need the coke I think... and I don't think I am good enough to make that work tbh.

You need to do coke to break the super-uni barrier?  Damn no wonder I'm stuck here.

10 minutes ago, enroh said:

I am having trouble making the 34-85 work as well as my E8 for me. I think it has to do with the lack of depression on Russian tanks. I constantly find myself moving my tanks when in a Russian vehicle - any tips for that?

There is nothing phenominal about the T-34-85.  But it is good at everything.
Being good at it has everything to do with being able to make use of its flexibility.  The ability to do and perform lots of jobs means that if you are outclassed somewhere, you can do something else and still help push the game towards victory.  

Against lower tiers, you probably have a huge alpha advantage.  Against higher tiers, your mobility, camo and view range (if you are using binocs) are still relevant.  Retreat from bad positions and re-engage.  

Imagine you start off running towards the typical medium location, and you notice a lemming train in the other direction.  The T-34-85 isn't a heavy, but I've played the role of lemming train conductor in it anyways, because it has the flexibility to play a mediocre heavy.  It also has ENOUGH speed to switch flanks, or to RTB after winning a flank.  The whole good ENOUGH thing is what you have to play to.  

Shoot me a line and I'll platoon with you.

3 hours ago, enroh said:

yep just saw that as I was perusing the tank sales....may pick up the rudy as I didn't last time and got only the Cromwell B and I don't have a Russian med trainer but I am having trouble making the 34-85 work as well as my E8 for me. I think it has to do with the lack opf depression on Russian tanks. I constantly find myself moving my tanks when in a Russian vehicle - any tips for that?

Play the Type 58 for a hundred or so games and then go back to the T-34-85.  It will feel super comfortable then.  :P

15 hours ago, enroh said:

PS - thanks everyone for the T34 comments

Constantly moving sounds good... as long as you're moving and shooting...

I didn't like the T-34, T-34-85 but they do perform... there's just no *click* The Rudy was something else again though... I only played that in platoons a few times but those games were sooo lucky...