Rexxie

Quick Questions/Quick Answers

I retrained my E75 crew on discount to E100 (I know I need another loader, that will come from the Tiger 1 but I want to train a bit -> read get my frigging ace in it)... retrained all crew for credits to 90%. Put them on the Löwe and started playing.

All crew members are now 100% base skill (or near enough) except the commander at 92%... 
He's not dead every game I play... WTF? How is this happening? Is there something I can do (other than retrain him for gold)? Why isn't he advancing?

9LhDSW4.jpg

He is a higher % level on his third skill, so he isn't getting the accelerate crew bonus the other guys are getting. So they are getting double xp every couple of games, while he isn't. Also, sometimes when you retrain at higher levels, you can actually be close to getting the next percent and it will drop back and apply that to the base.

For example, (not actual numbers.) you need 25K xp to get to 93% from 92, you have 24K xp trained and then retrain to the E-100, you will still have 92%, but the 24K will go back into the base skill increasing the 90% up to 93%. Not a big deal either way, just sometimes they get out of sync with each other, but eventually even out.

The driver is at 93% as well though... 

But I got this answer in my status as well... I guess it will take a bit more for him to get 100%... 

T-44 I just got the turret and put the 100 mm D-10t on. I am sick of this slow POS so next will be the V-2-54 engine. 

What do I research after that the next engine V-54-6 or the 100 mm LB-1?

I am not sure yet if I can be f***d about the 122 mm.

I'm mentally preparing for my 13 90 grind. I liked the 12t and especially the 13 75, but I'm scared for my in game wallet.

How much do you earn/loose for each gold shot that connects in the 13 90?  Shell cost (according to the wiki) is 2800 per pop, average damage is 240. 

Does it depend on the level of the target? Is it possible to get a rough estimate?

Just now, Research_Monkey said:

I'm mentally preparing for my 13 90 grind. I liked the 12t and especially the 13 75, but I'm scared for my in game wallet.

How much do you earn/loose for each gold shot that connects in the 13 90?  Shell cost (according to the wiki) is 2800 per pop, average damage is 240. 

Does it depend on the level of the target? Is it possible to get a rough estimate?

with a full gold loadout (no food), I lost generally lost 10k-40k per game, probably averaging around 20k loss.  
it seems that a damaging shot is just about neutral, and getting your shots to pen is a challenge.  

On the T-44, I would go LB-1 first, the boost to gun handling is really nice, even if you may get there a couple seconds later from the smaller engine, I didn't care for the 122, it was fun but not very effective.

The 13 90 is basically going to lose money any game you play, I ran a 50/50 loadout while grinding, and just avoided anything with good armor and tried to work the weaker flanks, but the gun handling will cause you to miss more than you hit trying to snipe. Maybe 5K credit loss running 50/50 on average, right now I carry 1 clip of AP to use if there are only soft targets left at the end of the game and I am clipping anyway, losing around 30-50K a game, I once lost 80K, but we won so it was worth it.

9 hours ago, weesh said:
9 hours ago, Research_Monkey said:

with a full gold loadout (no food), I lost generally lost 10k-40k per game, probably averaging around 20k loss.  
it seems that a damaging shot is just about neutral, and getting your shots to pen is a challenge.  

you know, I love my 1390. I have almost 700 battles in it and elited it long ago. http://www.vbaddict.net/expenditure/wanderjar-na-fc0b1e8886b0459429399d999cee01aa/france-4/amx_13_90-19 I keep it for knocking out some of the more annoying LT missions. I run 24 AP and 12 APCR, and I think I can count on 1 hand the number of times I've needed to load gold to deal with tier 10s (maus.... grrrr) It's all about positioning and abusing your camo. I consistently make money with it. Not much, but it's there. I can imagine a full gold load would break you but 2 or 3 clips of AP isn't much.

If you are shooting things in the face with this tank you are doing it wrong. Gold generally isn't needed but it helps (like always.) The 1375 suffers from the same 75mm gun that's on the 12t. it's fantastic at tier 6, shit at tier 7.

Feel free to look at my 1390 replays on there. 

9 hours ago, Lightnin45 said:

On the T-44, I would go LB-1 first, the boost to gun handling is really nice, even if you may get there a couple seconds later from the smaller engine, I didn't care for the 122, it was fun but not very effective.

agreed, the 122 is nice but aimtime+reload+accuracy make it kinda frustrating to play consistently. Get LB-1 use decent gun handling (i found it snap shot surprisingly well). Its quick enough once upgraded and its armour I found adequate if not too reliable, if you only pause to shoot you can still earn a decent number of bounces. overall though its only slightly better than the buffed t54mod1 imo.

My VBA says I made 800 credits per game nett on my 13 90 in 310 games.

That excludes premium (I am pretty sure that VBA doesn't include that) and coffee and other consumables which I always get on discount.

Oh wait particular tank stats say 10k per battle earned. So all in all it balances but I run 24/12 or 18/18 (don't remember). Spotting damage FTW though.

I will have a estimated 1 million quib in the bank. Which upper-echelon tank should I fully invest my credits and time on, having only the ST-1 & Patton as my toppies. Why?

• Tiger II: The bimbo trophy wife I oh so impulsively desire but know she's no good for me?

(Tiger II unlocked)

• E-50: Return to the land before time and grind this unicum pleasure from scratch like a rookie?

(Grind PZ 3 A with all guns up to 8.8cm unlocked)

• Ferdinand: 490 alpha, great gun arch and unique personality albeit just a so-so skill ceiling?

(Ferdinand unlocked via Tiger (P))

• AMX 50 100: Pop my French AL cherry and feel accomplished?

(Need to rebuy AMX M4 then grind 100k xp and cri before I get sum of dat)

• T-10?/IS-7?:Get involved in highly acclaimed "Heavium Gameplay" and/or get clone ST-1?

(T-10 unlocked with 440 alpha gun via the ST-1)

• T-54?/OBJ 140: Filthy casual get a unicum staple tank already?

(50k away from unlocking the T-54)

I want to thank you and everyone else for taking the time to read this. Much appreciated!

PS: If it's expedient for you, it would help me greatly if you could list the level of prioritization for each choice from 1 - 6 so I know what to grind next for the rest of my W.o.T career. 

Depends on where you are headed mate. 

1) do you clan? do you want to prep for that?

50 100 was pretty good, 50 120 less but then 50B might be called again. 
T10 I haven't played (IS-8 guy) but yeah IS-7 is something I went for as well. 

Tiger 2 is okay but the E75 was great (still a bit in love with that). 

Then again Russian meds is where people say it's at. In terms of learning, improving and gud tonks (even CW tanks) I would say go T-54 since you unlock 2 tier 10 meds next.

So I would say T-54 (because 2 stronk tier 10's next).

Tiger 2 because okay and E75

T-10 (Mweh but IS-7)

50 100 because 50 100 and 50B (50 120 I didn't like myself).

I am getting a E100 and JP 2 at discount. I am not sure if Ferdi is really that much better... 

For me the E50 is further on the back burner.. mainly because I have to play the Panther 2 for it :P

Depends on where you are headed mate. 

1) do you clan? do you want to prep for that?

I don't have any plans for clan play nor is this preparation for it. My criteria is based on two factors: Which is the most unique & which is the best bang for my buck/time. I'm trying to find a answer keeping those two factors in mind. What i'm not looking for is clone copies of tanks I already own (Patton & T-54 dilemma) as I find that a inefficient expenditure imo.

So I would say T-54 (because 2 stronk tier 10's next).

For me the E50 is further on the back burner.. mainly because I have to play the Panther 2 for it :P

I'll take T-54 as your answer ^^ tbh I'm kinda excited for the Panther 2 in the line if it's like a T-44 but with a better r.o.f.

I somehow couldn't adapt to the mediums in the German line. I was pretty much more scrub when I played those, I realize that. I also am not really fond of mediums and did my heavies first I do realize that as well...

But I did enjoy playing US mediums (although I am not very good) and I was able to do MoE (1) on each Russian medium I played and at least 1 ace game so far. With the German mediums I only have aces on my premium mediums I think... *sigh* 
I am currently playing the T-44 (still looking for some engine power and the final gun) and I am liking it more than the Panther 2. 

If you are not looking at clan action etc. your choice should be more fun based... 
If you platoon a lot, the 50 100 may be more interesting. It's better with good support. Anyway if you're onto fun over strategic garage expansion I would say Tiger 2, E75 because E75 was really really nice.

I somehow couldn't adapt to the mediums in the German line. I was pretty much more scrub when I played those, I realize that. I also am not really fond of mediums and did my heavies first I do realize that as well...

But I did enjoy playing US mediums (although I am not very good) and I was able to do MoE (1) on each Russian medium I played and at least 1 ace game so far. With the German mediums I only have aces on my premium mediums I think... *sigh* 
I am currently playing the T-44 (still looking for some engine power and the final gun) and I am liking it more than the Panther 2. 

If you are not looking at clan action etc. your choice should be more fun based... 
If you platoon a lot, the 50 100 may be more interesting. It's better with good support. Anyway if you're onto fun over strategic garage expansion I would say Tiger 2, E75 because E75 was really really nice.

I found everything pretty decent on the US line except the Pershing (which was my goal tank).

My issue with it was that the turret armor was more of a quirk than anything else. Though the depression is great, I found it too sluggish and APCR hungry. T-44 on the other hand feels really agile and fast! It made it possible to apply much more damage because of it's mobility and it can easily transition from sniper to brawler in those precious few seconds where you need to act FAST. -7 gun depression is really serviceable too if you hull down horizontally.

Panther II sounds good because of the better gun (with GLD i assume), good top speed, armor to fight light tanks and the same gun depression as the T-44.

AMX 50 100 sounds good then! I don't plan to get the E-75 though because I own my ST-1 which is just a Russian E-75. Just thinking about the Tiger II because of Wehraboo dreams #_#

With the premium sales just announced, I may look at getting a tier 8 medium.

I've got tier 8+ already in US med, UK med, e50.  I've got below that and could use a premium medium as a trainer for both RU lines(5 and 7 tier), the German Leo line(tier 6) the Japanese line(tier 5) and Chinese line(tier 6).   

Ideas, suggestions, thoughts?

With the premium sales just announced, I may look at getting a tier 8 medium.

I've got tier 8+ already in US med, UK med, e50.  I've got below that and could use a premium medium as a trainer for both RU lines(5 and 7 tier), the German Leo line(tier 6) the Japanese line(tier 5) and Chinese line(tier 6).   

Ideas, suggestions, thoughts?

go back in time a few days and get the Rudy.  

The 34-3 is about to get a big buff in gun depression.  You might consider that one.  

Is the time it takes for a target to disappear after you lose LOS random? I've noticed this before, but sometimes it seems I have a track on someone for (what seems like) 7 or 8 seconds after I lose LOS to them, and sometimes they disappear right after I drive behind a rock. I thought I remembered reading somewhere that it was supposed to be a random amount of time, just can't find it now.

Just curious as just finished up a game on arctic, M46 vs my E50, we were the last two tanks, he was in the open,closing from 250 meters we exchanged shots and missed each other, I pulled behind a rock to reload and lost my target lock on him, pulled back out and he shot me. We chatted after the battle and he said he hadn't lost his lock on me.

I was a one shot, and he was on 1500HP's, so not even remotely like this cost me the game or anything, but I'm curious as to why I lost it in this case, but he didn't. (My E50 is set up for view range with optics and full spotting crew skills)

was your crew or equip damaged at all? AFAIK it's 10 seconds or so unless their camo is supidly high then it's dependent on crew camo skill, which can cut that down.

Edit: http://wiki.wargaming.net/en/Battle_Mechanics#Spotting_Duration here, more accurately,  Quoted:

Spotting Duration

Once spotted, a vehicle stays lit up for a minimum duration of 5 seconds which can extend up to 10 seconds after the spotter moves out of spotting range or gets destroyed. The exact duration seems to be random. Tanks spotted right next to each other may stay lit up for different durations. The Designated Target perk for the Gunner extends this duration further.

If you kill a tank in SH, does it count towards the master tanker award, or do you have to kill it in randoms?

Pretty sure it's randoms only. 

That's what I thought, but i don't recall killing the tier 6 in randoms, and I had a sketch pad beside me so I could mark them off as I got them.