Rexxie

Quick Questions/Quick Answers

11 minutes ago, MajorAidan said:

Hidden Content

I can't buy tanks anymore. I can buy and sell literally anything else but I can't buy a tank. Anyone else had this and know how to fix it? 

A clan mate has the same issue.   We did not find a fix yet.

50 minutes ago, MajorAidan said:

I can't buy tanks anymore. I can buy and sell literally anything else but I can't buy a tank. Anyone else had this and know how to fix it? 

Have you tried running with no mods? That borked UI looks like a mod problem.

Question... besides effective radio range, what else (in terms of tank performance in-battle) suffers if I keep only one Radio Operator for each nation and rotate him among all my tanks (of that nation) which need a Radio Operator?

If this Radio Operator (of a HT class) has full BIA and SA, are these skills/perks fully functional if I stick him into a TD, LT, MT, SPG which has other "trained-to-the-tank" BIA crew members? I.e. does his BIA and SA (and other skills/perks - NOT major qualification) suffer any penalties from not being trained to that tank?

I can't believe I've played about 16k battles and it's only now I'm asking this question. 

On 3/25/2016 at 6:50 PM, Walk_Unafraid said:

Is it possible to do well in the T 50 (Tier 4 Soviet LT)?

Why bother when there so many better light tanks in tier 4?  Even the A-20 is better than the T-50.  Just get thru it and forget it.

Anybody else notice issues with the Safe Shot mod since the patch?  Lately it won't let me take a shot if there is a friendly tank anywhere near by.  I'm going to have to disable it as it has caused me to miss shots too many times now.  I've also noticed that the autoaim mod has become dumber and will select unintentional targets far too often.  I have to be much more careful with it now.

Working on LT15 currently and was looking through my various scouts to move around some equipment and noticed something. Optics and Binocs now say "+__% to view range, up to a range of 445m."

It used to say up to 500m. Way I understood it is Obviously max possible range to spot anyone is 445m, and the max actual view range is 500m. So that extra 55m would go towards reducing your potential targets camo. Then finally anything above 500m was useless and would poof. IE even if you had 525m view range, that extra 25m would vanish.

Didnt notice it change until now, not sure when it actually changed on the wording at least.

18 hours ago, sundanceHelix said:

Question... besides effective radio range, what else (in terms of tank performance in-battle) suffers if I keep only one Radio Operator for each nation and rotate him among all my tanks (of that nation) which need a Radio Operator?

If this Radio Operator (of a HT class) has full BIA and SA, are these skills/perks fully functional if I stick him into a TD, LT, MT, SPG which has other "trained-to-the-tank" BIA crew members? I.e. does his BIA and SA (and other skills/perks - NOT major qualification) suffer any penalties from not being trained to that tank?

He will lose skill on playing the wrong class tank, 77% is what you get, so even though your BIA would be effective it seems, you would lose the bonus by having a bad crewman in there I would think as you didn't have a 100% crew.

What is the general opinion on WZ-131 vs 132, I am already going up the med line, so don't need it to grind anywhere, just wondering if I should put my BIA 111 guys in the 132 and give it a try.

On 3/28/2016 at 1:50 AM, sundanceHelix said:

I can't believe I've played about 16k battles and it's only now I'm asking this question. 

I am very sure that BIA is not affected and my guess is that other skills are also not affected, but I haven't ever seen anything saying that either way.  You get a substantial crew xp penalty for that crew member (50% for another class I believe), and if it's the lowest xp crew member you can end up 'wasting' some xp depending how often you run it.  If you have both male and female crews you'll not be able to mix and still take advantage of BIA/SIS.

Given that I have purchased an E 50 and the torsion bars for the grind,  should I buy the engine module before the turret/gun or afterwards? Ignoring the 8.8L100 for the time being. 

Leaning toward engine first at the moment. 

3 hours ago, Walk_Unafraid said:

Given that I have purchased an E 50 and the torsion bars for the grind,  should I buy the engine module before the turret/gun or afterwards? Ignoring the 8.8L100 for the time being. 

Leaning toward engine first at the moment. 

I used free exp for the turret and gun and got the rest later. 

Which skills would you recommend for a 4 skill E50M driver? Is the ramming skill worth it or just for the lulz? Assuming BIA and Repairs as a given, I am struggling to choose between Smooth Ride, Clutch Braking, Ground Resistance Skill and Controlled Impact.