Rexxie

Quick Questions/Quick Answers

8 minutes ago, lt_lolcat said:

Is there someway to get yours stats by map?  I assume vbaddict has this info but I can't find it.  I'd like to know which maps I suck the most on and need to find a new strategy for. 

You can get that from VBaddict (notwithstanding data set limitations) in two ways.

1) Username>Maps>Full Details allows you to filter maps statistics via map and mode.  You can cut and paste that into a spreadsheet for further analysis.

2) Username>Battle Log>Mode not only shows you a battle log it has a subtle link at the very bottom that allows you to export your entire battle results for further analysis. 

"Export your battle results as comma separated value (.csv) for import into Microsoft Excel or similar"

Method 1) can allow you to filter what you want very quickly, however if your familiar with spreadsheets you can do the above and even more detailed analysis like below with your own data.

finishReason Overall Standard Encounter Assault
base capture 2332 15.9% 1772 17.1% 364 14.1% 190 11.5%
extermination 12062 82.5% 8533 82.4% 2213 85.5% 1304 78.8%
timeout 230 1.6% 55 0.5% 11 0.4% 161 9.7%
Total Battles 14624   10360   2588   1655  

finishReason Overall Standard Encounter Assault
base capture                
Win 1165 8.0% 858 8.3% 204 7.9% 101 6.1%
Lose 1167 8.0% 914 8.8% 160 6.2% 89 5.4%

Has anyone rerolled but kept the same name? Just wondering if it messes up your stats.

Thinking of letting a friend have my current account so he wouldn't have to start from scratch, but I'd want to keep the same name (I know there's a name change function, not sure how it works), but then got to wondering if I'd keep my old stats on XVM/at this site, or if they'd go with the new name.

11 hours ago, Drunken_Walrus said:

What is the time limit on getting a tank back through exceptions? I'd like to get some old premiums back, but I sold them almost a year ago.

I'm not sure if there even is such a limit, but I used an exception to get my T-34-3 back nearly 2 years after having rage-sold it. So you're probably good.

I think you need to have proof of having had the tank, so screenshot of your service record showing you have played at least one battle in it.

22 minutes ago, LudwigvonMises said:

What are the attitudes you have during a battle? (Eg. Do not damage trading,dont give you hp to enemy )

1% of my HP is worth 100%, if not 200% of theirs. I'm only taking hits if it means I get insane farm/is the only way to win.

I'm not taking a fair fight, fighting fair is for retards. Don't let them shoot back or be prepared to bounce a gold round.

Artillery is always focusing me, and only me, so they're not aiming for my teammates, unless I drop from the radar for an extended period of time (this actually becomes true a lot of the time when you get purple overall, thank god I'm a teal shitter), bait the clickers into bad, low percentage shots, know clicker reload times and how long you're sure you won't get clicked for, you can probably take more liberties with positioning during this time.

Vision > all. Blind tanks can't fight back (part of the fair fight series).

My stats don't reflect what what ammo type I used. If the pen is not 100% with AP, gold gold gold. (And HE for the soft targets) There are no prizes for most net credits earned. If I do enough damage and do not vomit gold rounds because I can press WASD, I will make a profit at low tiers anyway.

Where can I go so I can shoot at all of their tanks while they can't shoot me? (Usually the middle of most maps, attacking on Sand River Assault is still :eww:)

20 hours ago, LudwigvonMises said:

What are the attitudes you have during a battle? (Eg. Do not damage trading,dont give you hp to enemy )

A combination of "How can I deal as much damage as early as possible?" and "How can I deal damage from a location of significance?". My playstyle revolves around winning a match before worrying about how efficiently you trade HP matters.

On 4/11/2016 at 0:15 PM, BlackAdder said:

APCR loses speed and pen over distance more than AP (apparently) is there any page that calculates pen at some distance, for example how much i have with AP @ 400m or APCR. I didn't notice some pen drop but I'm curious. 

Thanks.

I'm a month late, but whatever.

No evidence for loss of speed, but penetration loss is highly variable depending on the round. I have a spreadsheet here with most weapons in the game. I stopped caring enough to update it after 9.10, but historically not much changes patch to patch unless they're introducing new weapons. Also, the test server GUI finally shows this information in game.

6 hours ago, My_Little_Pwny said:

Is it possible to get female crew members back after dismissing them? I recruited one for mother Russia but want to use her on American vehicles now.

Nope

Turrets not as good on the KR , but tbh the prem status mean you can spam APCR like theres no tomorrow and still earn money, also better gun handling so... If i had bought the KR i wouldve sold my persh, but i liked the mutz more

I know I used to be able to create status updates, because I have some on my profile, but I can't find the option now?! Did I lose the ability to make silly status updates, or my mind was wiped by a neuralyzer?

Neuralizer1.jpg

12 hours ago, Bobi_Kreeg said:

I know I used to be able to create status updates, because I have some on my profile, but I can't find the option now?! Did I lose the ability to make silly status updates, or my mind was wiped by a neuralyzer?

Neuralizer1.jpg

Top right of the screen, leftmost button create, pull down, click status.

As always, it will vary from tank to tank, but what's the consensus on what tanks get GLD's, and which ones to not bother with? I know the long (2.9+ ) aim times should probably have it, and that 2.0 or less probably don.t but what about the 2.3ish-2.6ish tanks? 

Always of course fitting a VS and rammer if I can, but with TD's not using VS, I'm curious which ones to maybe try GLDs on 

Hmm. just noticed apparently they stopped selling the E25 .. anyone know if they've sold it since they discontinued it? (Assuming/hoping if it's been put on sale since, it likely will be again, if it hasn't been ..I'm probably out of luck..)

On 7.5.2016 at 6:32 PM, xmenxmen2 said:

Nope

Also, is it possible to move female crew member to another role? Moving crew from O-HO to Type4 realized I cannot now use one member as those two tanks has different crew layout...which is pretty retarded as both tanks stats are pretty much made out of thin air anyway. So now I have female, 3 skills member sitting unusused...

Remember reading something about this but maybe it was about upcoming changes...

2 hours ago, sahtila said:

Also, is it possible to move female crew member to another role? Moving crew from O-HO to Type4 realized I cannot now use one member as those two tanks has different crew layout...which is pretty retarded as both tanks stats are pretty much made out of thin air anyway. So now I have female, 3 skills member sitting unusused...

Yes, you can change the role of female crew members. It would cost you 500 gold but all the skills and perks are reset for free. Why would you put a female crew in a shitty japanese tank though?