Rexxie

Quick Questions/Quick Answers

Just now, My_Little_Pwny said:

Yes, you can change the role of female crew members. It would cost you 500 gold but all the skills and perks are reset for free. Why would you put a female crew in a shitty japanese tank though?

Collected some of those crews already before release of Japan heavies, to be ready. It was then not known how weak top tier JP heavies are :/

17k games in, I have a noob question.

Is the 70 degree autobounce angle before or after normalisation (5 deg on AP and 2 deg on APCR)?

Did something happen to HEAT rounds within the last year?

And how dead is this game now compared to last year?

On May 24, 2016 at 10:27 PM, Mami_Momoe said:

Can't be dedder than Tera tbqh.

Mfw all my tera gold is dirt cheap when you rwt now

2 hours ago, Fulcrous said:

Mfw all my tera gold is dirt cheap when you rwt now

Hey, getting elite vouchers with in game gold is worth it.

On 5/25/2016 at 1:27 AM, Mami_Momoe said:

Can't be dedder than Tera tbqh.

What happened with that?

2 hours ago, Ficarra said:

Which arty line is best for an arty-noob like me? I find myself attracted to the dark side a lot lately.

Brit line: (played all except CGC which is unlocked but unbought)
FV304 - immense loads of fun and scales with skill at tanks, the Tier 7-8 are underwhelming, Tier9 (FV3805) is (I feel) severely underrated (I like it more than the M53/55 for consistent damage output), and the CGC - well, you know. If you're playing to wreck shit, the FV304 alone is damn fun for very little time/grind investment. Definitely recommend this line.

US line: (played most of the line)
M44 with HEAT is fucking hilarious, everything else in the line is "lol probably won't hit you but will splash you anyway". Can be frustrating to miss 90% of shots in battle. But if you're up for the occasional massive damage hits... sure, this line could be worth it.

German line: (played up to GWP)
Decent at everything, no specialty.

Ru line: (not played)
Accurate as fuck apparently, but I don't play this line because I don't like the narrow gun traverse. You can troll things with 261 AP I guess.

Fr line: (not played)
Fuck everything except the Tier 10, but even that is fucked up thanks to a century-long interclip reload.

I know what the answer is I'm sure...but are there some sort of cheat/spotting mods for this game?

Twice now in the past week I've been hit by arty firing a "blind shot" , once crossing sands (unspotted) in my Cromwell, tonight had my Jagdpanther one shot on Himelsdorf by a red 212A firing "completely at random" before he also one happened to "guess" where our (afk) arty was sitting. 

I know it was (somehow) just bad luck... but I just had to vent at arty somehow choosing which road my full health tank was driving before hitting me for 850 HPs. Somehow hoping there is a cheat so I can at least call him a cheating bastard...

1 hour ago, Sexy_Dave said:

I know what the answer is I'm sure...but are there some sort of cheat/spotting mods for this game?

Twice now in the past week I've been hit by arty firing a "blind shot" , once crossing sands (unspotted) in my Cromwell, tonight had my Jagdpanther one shot on Himelsdorf by a red 212A firing "completely at random" before he also one happened to "guess" where our (afk) arty was sitting. 

I know it was (somehow) just bad luck... but I just had to vent at arty somehow choosing which road my full health tank was driving before hitting me for 850 HPs. Somehow hoping there is a cheat so I can at least call him a cheating bastard...

There are mods that show destroyed objects, so if you were running over a fences/trees he could predict where you're going.

10 hours ago, engineered said:

There are mods that show destroyed objects, so if you were running over a fences/trees he could predict where you're going.

Arty does not need illegal mods, they easily see destroyed objects/fences in normal overhead view.

@Sexy_Dave : link replays of those happenings and we explain them.

For example, Himmelsdorf spawn areas can be partly spotted by enemy scouts sitting other side of big middle square.

Is your vehicle velocity added to your shell velocity?

I'm assuming the answer is no, or I would have noticed it with derp guns by now, but wondering if anyone knows for sure.

Have I been doing this wrong the whole time? (it's only been like 15K+ games...)

Had to decap the red team on Tundra, my AMX 30 1ier and the guy in cap was a T110E5, figured I wasn't going to chance a bounce (cap was about 85 when I was closing in) so loaded HE, cap rolls to 100 just as I get around the corner to shoot him- take the hit from him, fire my 105mm HE shell into his lower glacis.. and do zero damage. "we didn't even scratch him" my crew tells me- but then I noticed I reset the cap counter to zero. 

So..

1)I fire 105mm HE into (admittedly sloped) armor and do no damage- I thought HE always did a little (unless it's like 75mm vs T10 armor)...wasn't expecting 250 point hit, but I thought I'd do 20 or so..

2) I do no damage (and get the voice message to that effect, not a "critical hit" voice)and I reset the counter..

So, does HE (and decentish 105mm HE) not always do damage? and do I not actually have to do damage to reset caps? Will an AP bounce reset?

On 20.6.2016 at 7:24 PM, Sexy_Dave said:

and get the voice message to that effect, not a "critical hit" voice

I don't understand the crew voices either. Sometimes the say "we didn't even scratch them" even when i took of the enemy tanks tracks.

On 6/21/2016 at 10:47 PM, My_Little_Pwny said:

I don't understand the crew voices either. Sometimes the say "we didn't even scratch them" even when i took of the enemy tanks tracks.

That's because your shot hit the armor behind the tracks as well but didn't penetrate it, and I guess the line about hitting the tank overrides that about critical hits. 

On June 28, 2016 at 3:06 AM, BlackAdder said:

How exactly game knows when you drown someone? I pushed some idiot into lake and got -1 :( 

It's been quite awhile; several years.  You get kill credit for doing it to enemies also.

has to do with contact close to drowning time.

30 minutes ago, stagnate said:

It's been quite awhile; several years.  You get kill credit for doing it to enemies also.

has to do with contact close to drowning time.

Dunno, i drown one 155 58 today (without contact in the time of drowning) still got -1 :doge:

1 hour ago, BlackAdder said:

Dunno, i drown one 155 58 today (without contact in the time of drowning) still got -1 :doge:

Contact near to drowning.  I don't know how many seconds it is or if it considers if you pushed them on a slope that led to drowning.

i think you also get credit for pushing a tank of a cliff.

these are the "cool new features" that have almost zero game impact that they worked on.  Better than horns I guess, but they developed that also even if it didn't make the game.