Rexxie

Quick Questions/Quick Answers

22 hours ago, MacusFlash said:

My freecam goes crazy and zooms when tank arrives so this is all what I can give you.

M41

http://imgur.com/D6DTLFv

http://imgur.com/Ei4RI4F

WZ-111

http://imgur.com/AMPwJPG

http://imgur.com/XSyH22T

Reveal hidden contents

Where's spoiler in post tools?

Glorious! Thank you very much for this. 

A true wotlabber

18 hours ago, hallo1994 said:

Camo net, tool box and Fuel tanks with CO2.

Stronk set up. Those fuel tank fires are a thing of the past. 

On 8/14/2016 at 5:57 PM, hallo1994 said:

If you're not gonna answer properly, why even bother?

The standard config is sort of defined by an if/else:

If Rammer Then Rammer,

If Vert Stab Then Vert Stab,

If Aim Time > 2.3 seconds, Then GLD,

Else If Heavy/Arty Then Vents (debatable),

Else Optics

23 hours ago, TheRealExcl said:

The standard config is sort of defined by an if/else:

If Rammer Then Rammer,

If Vert Stab Then Vert Stab,

If Aim Time > 2.3 seconds, Then GLD,

Else If Heavy/Arty Then Vents (debatable),

Else Optics

Good list.

On all of my tanks I run vstab, rammer, optics as standard (if possible). Optional equipment includes gld, vents, and binocs. 

17 hours ago, ProxyCentauri said:

Is there a way to bypass this new intro with especially that horrible music when loading garage?
Hate it....

Isn't there two buttons on the top right hand corner of the screen you can pres to pause the video and to turn off the music? Other than that you'd probably have to turn ingame music off 

So I think I'm missing something but cant put my finger on it.

So Leopard 1 strengths are mobility, gun, VR with halfway okay kinda shitty camo.

As it sits now, I'm running Vstab, Rammer, Optics 472m VR small med, small rep, large rep.

Idea:  Vstab, Rammer, Vents - Small med/rep (either or) Large Rep, Food

Yet my VR was only 460???

450 when i took vents off and left food.

495 with optics/food.

Am I missing something? Vents improves crew skills 5 percent across the board and food is 10 percent. so thats 15 percent right?

Why is 10 percent VR still 'better' than 15 percent everywhere? I feel like I'm missing something here

35 minutes ago, Curo said:

Why is 10 percent VR still 'better' than 15 percent everywhere? I feel like I'm missing something here

Crew skills (Vents/Food/BIA) have diminishing returns past 100%. The 5% skill from Vents works out to be worth just over 2% in actual stat improvements. The 10% from Food on top of that is diminished even more, so the two together only works out to under 7% for stat bonuses (436 yards).

As hardware, Optics is a 10% bonus directly to the view range (451 yards).

http://www.wotinfo.net/en/camo-calculator

53 minutes ago, Necrophore said:

Crew skills (Vents/Food/BIA) have diminishing returns past 100%. The 5% skill from Vents works out to be worth just over 2% in actual stat improvements. The 10% from Food on top of that is diminished even more, so the two together only works out to under 7% for stat bonuses (436 yards).

As hardware, Optics is a 10% bonus directly to the view range (451 yards).

http://www.wotinfo.net/en/camo-calculator

a thank you i see now. i was hoping to have disgusting VR the DPM/gun handling bonus. atleast once i get my last VR skill to 100 i can get 470m (which tbh is still comfy) and get those other bonus'

A friend of mine has been playing nothing but his Rheinmetal Skorpion. His WN8 shows as "0" for the last week and last 24 hour scores. Is there an expected value missing for the Skorpion?

I wouldn't have noticed this if he'd been playing other tanks, but since he is playing it exclusively, the number is 0.

For brand new tanks there are no expected values. Gathering enough data requires time and I don't think that for Scorpion G values for rhoomba would be good temporary replacement. 

How does terrian resistance values work when not on flat ground? (Isn't it a direct horsepower multiplier or something on the flat???)

And on that note, why did wg give such stupid values to the russian meds???

5 hours ago, garryallen said:

How does terrian resistance values work when not on flat ground? (Isn't it a direct horsepower multiplier or something on the flat???)

And on that note, why did wg give such stupid values to the russian meds???

Its a direct specific power multiplier. 1 value for hard ground, 1 for medium ground, 1 for soft ground, (i.e. road, grass, swamp). Doesnt matter if youre on a hill or not, just the class of terrain.

And because balance comrade. The T62 has pretty much the worst P/W of the tier X meds, and is comparable to some of the tier X heavies... 

1 hour ago, karl0ssus1 said:

Its a direct specific power multiplier. 1 value for hard ground, 1 for medium ground, 1 for soft ground, (i.e. road, grass, swamp). Doesnt matter if youre on a hill or not, just the class of terrain.

And because balance comrade. The T62 has pretty much the worst P/W of the tier X meds, and is comparable to some of the tier X heavies... 

I thought i read something about higher hp/ton with higher terrain resistance is better going uphill but worse downhill???

And Russian balance is best kind of balance, comrade. Spreading communism in the form of large calibre shells, :P

10 minutes ago, garryallen said:

I thought i read something about higher hp/ton with higher terrain resistance is better going uphill but worse downhill???

I was always lead to believe that raw HP/ton was better for going uphill, but hovertracks were better for conserving speed in all cases (including after going downhill).

I'm not sure if this has been verified already, but from what I recall Gehak did some testing a couple years ago and found that the T-44 and T-62A have virtually identical straight line acceleration and mobility on flat ground. If this still holds true today, you could drive both up a hill and see if the T-44's raw power overcomes the 62A's hovertracks by a significant enough margin to matter.

Just now, Rexxie said:

I was always lead to believe that raw HP/ton was better for going uphill, but hovertracks were better for conserving speed in all cases (including after going downhill).

I'm not sure if this has been verified already, but from what I recall Gehak did some testing a couple years ago and found that the T-44 and T-62A have virtually identical straight line acceleration and mobility on flat ground. If this still holds true today, you could drive both up a hill and see if the T-44's raw power overcomes the 62A's hovertracks by a significant enough margin to matter.

I don't have either :(

First time logging into Labs in ~8 Months.  Are any folks from the good 'ol days still around besides the moderation crew?  Is this game ded?  Should I install? I see AW really shit the bed - heh.

@solono still takes my patreon money so I'm guessing he's alive.

late game brit heavies crew 5th skill (these where originally a cromwell b crew)

will likely retrain with tourny gold next time it goes on discount. (camo makes no sense ik)

commander -> bia-sixth-recon-rep=joat?

gunner -> bia-snap-camo-rep=???? armorer? pretty shit, so firefighting?? when retrain, drop camo get deadeye????

driver -> bia-smooth-clutch breaking-rep=off road??

loader -> bia-ss-camo-rep= sit awareness?

1 hour ago, Curo said:

late game brit heavies crew 5th skill (these where originally a cromwell b crew)

will likely retrain with tourny gold next time it goes on discount. (camo makes no sense ik)

commander -> bia-sixth-recon-rep=joat?

gunner -> bia-snap-camo-rep=???? armorer? pretty shit, so firefighting?? when retrain, drop camo get deadeye????

driver -> bia-smooth-clutch breaking-rep=off road??

loader -> bia-ss-camo-rep= sit awareness?

commander -> bia-sixth-recon-rep=joat? Seems fine

gunner -> bia-snap-camo-rep=???? armorer? pretty shit, so firefighting?? when retrain, drop camo get deadeye???? I'd go with bia-snap-rep-deadeye-ff

driver -> bia-smooth-clutch breaking-rep=off road?? bia-smooth-clutch-rep-ff

loader -> bia-ss-camo-rep= sit awareness? drop camo for ff

Also if you go for joat you can drop the medkit and run food or afe instead

5 hours ago, xmenxmen2 said:

commander -> bia-sixth-recon-rep=joat? Seems fine

gunner -> bia-snap-camo-rep=???? armorer? pretty shit, so firefighting?? when retrain, drop camo get deadeye???? I'd go with bia-snap-rep-deadeye-ff

driver -> bia-smooth-clutch breaking-rep=off road?? bia-smooth-clutch-rep-ff

loader -> bia-ss-camo-rep= sit awareness? drop camo for ff

Also if you go for joat you can drop the medkit and run food or afe instead

already run afe. 20 percent less fires is nice. pays for itself. debating on large med for the same 20 percent bonus on other tanks that are prone to crew loss.

there's no requirement to use the LMK though. Just passively keeping it on works just fine and use it at your discression. I do that with tanks that are prone to crew dmg (us heavies, e25 etc)

31 minutes ago, Wanderjar said:

there's no requirement to use the LMK though. Just passively keeping it on works just fine and use it at your discression. I do that with tanks that are prone to crew dmg (us heavies, e25 etc)

Tortoise is another double med kit pick. Losing a loader to cupola sniping is a bitch.