Rexxie

Quick Questions/Quick Answers

Since the latest update, in sniper mode does the reticle aim all choppy for any of you if you move your gun around? The movement used to be much smoother while the turret and gun re-aims on your new point.

Server reticle was on by default for some reason.

Can someone tell me how the various boni to XP/crew XP/free XP/credits stack?

For example, a random battle yields 1.000 base XP and 20.000 creds. 

What happens to these numbers when the following are applied:

1) prem account

2) battle payments

3) personal reserve + 100% XP

4) personal reserve + 300% crew XP

5) personal reserve + 100% free XP

6) first victory bonus x3 XP

6) tank mission x5 XP (asecond and following wins)

1) prem account

> adds +50% credits and XP. So 1,500 XP and 30,000 credits

2) battle payments

> adds %age credits. Stacks with prem. a 50% Battle payment bonus would result in 30,000 credits on standard, 45,000 on premium account

3) personal reserve + 100% XP

> stacks with premium. Will give you 2,000 XP on standard and 3,000 XP on premium

4) personal reserve + 300% crew XP

> stacks with premium. Will give you 4,000 crew XP on standard, 6,000 crew XP on premium

5) personal reserve + 100% free XP

> straight up doubles free XP, stacks with premium

6) first victory bonus x3 XP

> First win gives you 3,000 XP on standard, 4,500 on premium

6) tank mission x5 XP (asecond and following wins)

> Gives you 5,000 XP on standard, 7,500 on premium.

Further points

Other than premium, the other XP multipliers don't multiply each other, but add on. So a x3 first win bonus plus a +100% booster (2x XP) together will give you a x4 boost-- 4,000 XP on std acct, 6,000 on premium. If you have a 300% crew boost PLUS a 5x first win, you don't 20x crew XP (5x and 4x), but rather 8x (400% first win+ 300% boost=700%=8x). So that would give you 8,000 crew XP on standard, 12,000 on premium.

1 hour ago, Whole_Nutjob said:

Is there some way to unlock the M4 Rev rental? I've heard people talking about it but I don't see any mission in my tab.

Check tankrewards.com "Some Assembly Required" mission (bottom of each reward level).

IIRC for acquiring so many tank rewards points (10?) or meeting the threshold in a given time period (Wednesday to Wednesday) you earned a weekend rental for the specified tank. The first rental was a T-127, the second a Church III, and last weekend it was the M4 Rev with the IS-6 coming up.

However, I can't confirm whether it is linked to the "weeks" or to when your account acquires the tank reward points... (so If by Wednesday this week your account reached 20 points you would get a Church III rental).  YMMV

http://worldoftanks.com/en/news/game-events/tankrewards-janfeb/

Just found this link as well which indicates it may be linked to point level instead of weeks, but you earn the weekend rental...

Is there different MM for different tanks of same tier? I know about weighting...

Im trying to kill a heavy tank +1 tier with a TD. I cant be anything else than top tier with Udes. Then when I splashed some cash I play patriot and always T10. Is this something that exists or just "bad luck" with Udes?

21 hours ago, Wanderjar said:

you know, I have this question too on the efficacy of spall liners on stun time and module dmg now that arty has a special list for its module dmg ability. @StranaMechty (I spelled it right this time!) any clues/pointers?

Tool tip says 10% reduction, XML key seems to support this.

All in all, not particularly useful, I'd say.

I saw your post in the other thread about it with the .1 modified but I was wondering if you had found anything else. I looked through that file and didnt find anything and chalked it up to my incompetence. Thanks for the clarity!

5 hours ago, BlackAdder said:

Quick one, I just lurk for some stats on tanks.gg and I noticed that effect of optics and binos are cumulative. From my understanding, this wasn't case before, or I'm a complete bot with 30K games??? 

They are not cumulative. Straight from wot wiki on optics: 

The bonus is applied at all times except when Binoculars are active, making this equipment better suited for aggressive and scouting players. Recommended for aggressive medium and light tanks, especially at high tiers.

On 4/05/2017 at 8:18 PM, Statpadderer said:

I already have the Object 140 and (soon) both clones unlocked.

Should I buy the T-62A or the Object 430 next?

Standard answer =T-62A for pub play

Grinding T-44 atm so had a quick read up.

T-62A better hull down pubies

430 better on the move gun

13 minutes ago, zarphag said:

430 better on the move gun

Nope... 430 better DPM and bouncier armor, but handling and everything else it's pretty trash compares to the 62a/140.

How do you tell what you recent Wn8 in a particular tank is? Most of the Clans I'm thinking of applying to want to see something along the lines of "recent in CW capable tanks"

I'm one of those geniuses who figured he had T10 tanks all figured out, bought a bunch of them, then sold them all because "they sucked" .

Have now bought most of them back and I'm getting better results, but... those first few hundred games kinda screw things over when trying to raise stats.

49 minutes ago, Canadian_Reaper said:

How do you tell what you recent Wn8 in a particular tank is? Most of the Clans I'm thinking of applying to want to see something along the lines of "recent in CW capable tanks"

I'm one of those geniuses who figured he had T10 tanks all figured out, bought a bunch of them, then sold them all because "they sucked" .

Have now bought most of them back and I'm getting better results, but... those first few hundred games kinda screw things over when trying to raise stats.

I do not know about recent WN8 but you can find recent DPG here which is easier to interpret anyway.