Rexxie

Quick Questions/Quick Answers

Is it possible to display the recent WR and WN8 in XVM?

edit - you cant

T-44 or Object 416 line for having fun on the way to T-54?

Object 416 looks awesome but every other tank in the line looks ... meh...

T-44 line looks more fun overall but the T-44 always seems weak when I meet it in games.

Having played through both lines, I'd say the 416 has higher highs, and lower lows. A-43 and 416 are giggle worthy tanks, A-44 was an exercise in frustration. Thank the gods I had most of the modules (read top 107) unlocked from my parallel grinding in the rest of the Soviet tree. The T-44 line was more consistent, but that same top 85mm for 2.5 tanks was irritating after a while.

However, if you want either access to all 3 Soviet Mediums, and/or want an easier T-54 grind with minimal Free Exp use, I'd recommend the 416 line over the T-44 line... If you detour up to the 430 II you can unlock the D-54 100mm using the M-63 from the 416. You'd still need to unlock turret/track though, to avoid using the LB-1.

Having answered one, I'll ask one:

Roomba - 128 or 150? when gunning for Ace Mastery/General Pub battles, usually solo.

I think the 128 is the more consistent gun for the Roomba. The 150 is lulzy, but it is derpy, and its premium round is HEAT.

the 150 on the Rhoomba really works well in a platoon of Rhoombas, usually 2 with the 128 and 1 with the 150, solo 128 FTW

the 150 on the Rhoomba really works well in a platoon of Rhoombas, usually 2 with the 128 and 1 with the 150, solo 128 FTW

I think the 15cm works well for solopub. I certainly prefer it to the 12,8

I don't have the time, sadly, to read through the first twenty-eight pages of this thread so my question may have already been asked, but:

Just where exactly do you go on Fjords in each tank type (besides arty, because fuck arty) for each side? (It's that one map where I just go middle and hope for the best or something)

Sorry, this is a mechanics thread not a map position thread. That question cannot have a quick answer

I don't have the time, sadly, to read through the first twenty-eight pages of this thread so my question may have already been asked, but:

Just where exactly do you go on Fjords in each tank type (besides arty, because fuck arty) for each side? (It's that one map where I just go middle and hope for the best or something)

http://wotlabs.net/articles/map-reviews-hidden-village-fjords/

I'm currently divided between sniping and brawling with the E 75's good 105. While I can get more mileage with the former, my team usually calls me a coward and gives away my position. When I brawl, the UFP bounces a lot of crap, but the stock turret is fragile while I chip away the enemy's hp.

Why do people complain about the Conqueror GC fire arc?  It can elevate 45 degrees, and every tier 10 arty can do at least that.  Is there more to it than elevation angle?  

Why do people complain about the Conqueror GC fire arc?  It can elevate 45 degrees, and every tier 10 arty can do at least that.  Is there more to it than elevation angle?  

The Conq GC mounts a howitzer, which has the best vertical firing arc of any tier 10 arty. It is more able to fire over obstacles than any other tier 10 (and is one of the best in the game in that regard), rendering a lot of "arty-safe cover" moot.

The Conq GC mounts a howitzer, which has the best vertical firing arc of any tier 10 arty. It is more able to fire over obstacles than any other tier 10 (and is one of the best in the game in that regard), rendering a lot of "arty-safe cover" moot.

so the 45 degrees in tank inspector is a lie?  it gets better than that?

so the 45 degrees in tank inspector is a lie?  it gets better than that?

No.

Arty changes the distance on which it shoots by adjusting the angle. Bigger the angle, longer the distance. Closer to 45° = closer to maximum distance. Each arty is able to shoot at 45° only when shooting on its maximum distance. (No arty can do more than 45° in strategic mode.)

Therefore:

Arty with shorter maximum distance is generally "better at shooting over obstacles".

Arty with shorter maximum distance is generally "better at shooting over obstacles".

oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooh.

thanks.

I won 1560 gold in the clan invitational bracket prediction thing. What tank should I buy with it?

(I already have the KV-220, Church III, SU-122-44, and JT88)

I won 1560 gold in the clan invitational bracket prediction thing. What tank should I buy with it?

(I already have the KV-220, Church III, SU-122-44, and JT88)

If that's all you have, my advice would be to save it when things go on sale ex. permanent camo, garage slots, retrain crew/skills, etc.

or use it to demount complex equipment to save a LOT of money.

Spotting - Visibility Checks.

Tanks between 270m and 450m are checked for spotting every 2 seconds, is this calculated server side according to the battle timer, or is it 2 seconds from when it's possible for a tanks to spot another?

(I hope this makes sense, it doesn't say on the wiki)

Tanks between 270m and 450m are checked for spotting every 2 seconds, is this calculated server side according to the battle timer, or is it 2 seconds from when it's possible for a tanks to spot another?

I've wondered for so long....

If that's all you have, my advice would be to save it when things go on sale ex. permanent camo, garage slots, retrain crew/skills, etc.

or use it to demount complex equipment to save a LOT of money.

I already have 2.5k gold sitting around. Was thinking of just spending it because it was free and thought it might be fun to get a low tier crew trainer / funhaver tank

It would have to be a regular cycle, otherwise it would require another check to determine if the vehicles were visible to start the two second countdown.

Are there a lot of clans where you can join mainly for platooning/bonus exp (stronghold) even if you are not interested in CW?

Are there a lot of clans where you can join mainly for platooning/bonus exp (stronghold) even if you are not interested in CW?

There are a few decent ones, yes. I think there's a thread in the Can I Haz Clan? section about that.

nHeJtDT.png

I feel like I kinda know what I'm doing in this game - vision control, weakspots, damage, winning... But failry regularly, I get a pure garbage game. 0 damage, dead, loss. 

Do purples have these games? Do you offset them with ridic good WN8 games, or is it more a case of not having those pure shit games?