Rexxie

Quick Questions/Quick Answers

Consensus on the SU-100Y?

I haven't played mine in forever -- it's lulzy good fun one shotting almost everything you see. Great flavor tank but it gets old being the biggest target after a while.

Bottom tier in a T-150, north spawn on Fiery Salient standard with arty.  

I went middle (E5) and managed a couple of hits before being too slow to get away from arty. Where should I have gone?

We had 2 good Cromwells [Thugz] playing middle.  As soon as I was gone they were over run.

m1L4tfP.jpg

I went middle (E5) and managed a couple of hits before being too slow to get away from arty. Where should I have gone?

Gone back to the garage. Duh. (jk)

We had 2 good Cromwells [Thugz] playing middle.  As soon as I was gone they were over run.

The only way I've found to do Prok as a heavy with arty in play is to have sixth and be very disciplined about backing off and doing your arty dance the instant you're spotted.

The only really 'good' positions for heavies on that map are the west side of the F6 rail crossing and the hill.  One thing that might be worth considering is the 1 line if you're worried about them pushing and you have enough pen, but only if the other two are well covered. That's pure bushkemp, though, and I don't have the patience for that.

What makes people say the STB is super derpy to the point where it ruins the tank? I mean, outside of the bloom the tank looks almost overpowered - small, sexy, a nice turret, very well angled UFP, great DPM, -10 gun dep, good view range, and average mobility. I would assume that the gun handling would need to be particularly bad for that not to matter, and I regularly come across people who say the stb is no good simply because of the gun handling.

...but the numbers aren't really that bad. It's basically Pershing gun handling. I get that the Pershing is not a 62A, but I don't see how thats nearly bad enough to outweigh the crazy good features and sexy sleek frame that the STB offers. If it was like, Cent 7 gun handling, I could totally understand the frustration... but the STB has waaaaay better gun handling than the Cent.

What makes people say the STB is super derpy to the point where it ruins the tank? I mean, outside of the bloom the tank looks almost overpowered - small, sexy, a nice turret, very well angled UFP, great DPM, -10 gun dep, good view range, and average mobility. I would assume that the gun handling would need to be particularly bad for that not to matter, and I regularly come across people who say the stb is no good simply because of the gun handling.

...but the numbers aren't really that bad. It's basically Pershing gun handling. I get that the Pershing is not a 62A, but I don't see how thats nearly bad enough to outweigh the crazy good features and sexy sleek frame that the STB offers. If it was like, Cent 7 gun handling, I could totally understand the frustration... but the STB has waaaaay better gun handling than the Cent.

They're used to having similar gun handling characteristics to the other T10 meds (121 aside) so having Pershing levels of gun handling mean it feels worse than it is. 

OK, I just played like 6 games in the SU-100Y. It has a very low skill ceiling. It is huge, it is paper, it has no view range or camo, it's gun handling is atrocious, it has a gun that simply isn't respected in tier 7 and 8 matches, and it's mobility is middle of the pack for a heavy tank. The only thing it's got going for it is that you can wreck face in tier 6 matches by one shotting most tanks with its beefy sprem AP round.

It was a pretty decent tank back when I couldn't abuse the mechanics of the game, but it just feels lacking to me these days.

It's peer, the Dicker Max, has more abusable qualities for the discerning tanker. While it has less alpha, it's got way better gun handling, depression, view range, and camo and it isn't the size of a TOG.

Basically, I wouldn't recommend the SU-100Y, even for a flavor tank. It is not very fun to play at all.

On the other hand, I think the 100Y is worth a look. The gun definitely is respectable in all tiers - this thing is only a T6, meaning even the biggest baddies this thing sees will drop in 3 hits. 510 alpha is pretty redonk. The skill ceiling is pretty low, but that's casemate TDs for you.

Hmm…

If I've been gifted a tank, which I have not redeemed yet, and if I buy it on sale, wait fot the sale to end, THEN redeem it, do I get the full gold price ?

Yes. Not that I have experience doing this with the entire soviet nation's premium collection back when they were on sale as a package deal, or anything.

Also, in general, I believe WG will let you get the net difference of gold for on-sale tanks by sending in a ticket and mentioning that you only got 50% of the gold value. I've done this before with no problems, though it may be a per-situation basis.

Assuming he's just staring straight at you:

<150 pen: You're fucked.

150-160 pen: Cupola

170 - 240 pen: Lower plate unless you're very close or he is on lower ground than you. Cupola in those cases

240+ pen: Lower plate or the extremities of the pike:

WL5fEhS.png

I'm assuming you're asking because you had a lot of trouble penning the LFP. The LFP is ~180mm, which (with a little angle or the right declination) can give the very common 175-200 pen guns (and 210 pen APCR) fits. Unfortunately theres no easy way around the armor.

Equipment and consumables for CdC & Panther 8.8 ?

CDC crew is 100% first skill, panther is ghetto as fuck.

Vstab/rammer/optics on both. It's the golden trio for mediums, and neither vehicle deviates from the template sufficiently to warrant changing.

And repair kit/ Med kit / autofire ?

That's what I have on my Panther 8.8, don't have a CDC. I expect a fair number of people would say food is fine on the CDC as the vehicle is protected about as well as a moderately sturdy light tank, so one shouldn't be getting shot in the first place.

I would look at it from an economic perspective, if that's what you're using a premium tank for. Even if you buy food in bulk during discounts you're still adding 10,000 credits in expenses for every single match. You'll have to make the decision yourself whether the improved performance of the vehicle allows you to consistently see a positive return on that investment.

I tend to err on the side of caution and only put food on arty or some lights, particularly on crews that don't have any fire mitigation skills.

Yeah, me again, sorry, busy day with the anniversary event and all that :P

Pz IV S worth it at 30 % ?

I would look at it from an economic perspective, if that's what you're using a premium tank for. Even if you buy food in bulk during discounts you're still adding 10,000 credits in expenses for every single match. You'll have to make the decision yourself whether the improved performance of the vehicle allows you to consistently see a positive return on that investment.

Well, I do still have about 200 coffees lying around, and I intend to buy a few more, with those 150 million credits of mine… :P

I've played a lot of games on Sand River by now, but I've generally only had them in tanks with good depression or good mobility and a low profile.

I just got shat on when I decided to bring out my KV-5 for the lulz during Encounter and had no idea where to deploy as a heavy tank. Any tips? Same goes for standard mode.

I've played a lot of games on Sand River by now, but I've generally only had them in tanks with good depression or good mobility and a low profile.

I just got shat on when I decided to bring out my KV-5 for the lulz during Encounter and had no idea where to deploy as a heavy tank. Any tips? Same goes for standard mode.

Honestly i find Sand River is a pretty shit superheavy map in general. Go-to spots are either those dunes in the center the retards brawl around, if you can out-brawl sufficiently to open up the north, or pushing hard in the south to get underneath the guns of the west/east campers. IF you are West spawn, pushing East on south is pretty risky, so either far north or dunes is better, probably, maybe try to leverage mid.