Storm

9.8 - CGC nerf hype!

What are the changes, exactly? I saw the ones for the T30 already and have a pretty raging semi about them

They are nerfing the aim time and the accuracy, which are already worst-in-game, even further.  1.2 accuracy now.  so it will be even more RNG dependent to hit, even fully aimed.  and where there's more RNG, there's less room for skill to make a difference.  and everybody's favorite 43% GWE-playing monkey will still land ridiculous snapshots.

I own a Conqueror GC and I'm glad to see it nerfed.

Sturer Emil buff is pathetic. It'll accelerate marginally faster but it's still a slow turd. And gun traverse speed buff doesn't mean much when your gun has a limited arc to begin with.

I'm at the IS-3 at the moment so an IS-8 and IS-7 buff is all good for me.

Correct me if im wrong, but other then a pen nerf, it was still the exact same gun it had from closed beta, right ?

I think so. At least I can't remember another change.

IS-7 buff before buffing Maus usability is obscene.

Mäuschen (VK B replacement) will get the E100's gun but without the ability to fire gold. I can only conclude the Maus will get it as well (without the handicap)

Btw. Anyone noticed that we have now, unlike with Test 1 of 9.7, again no buff for the Fatton and M60? It has been forgotten one more time ;O

Btw. Anyone noticed that we have now, unlike with Test 1 of 9.7, again no buff for the Fatton and M60? It has been forgotten one more time ;O

Yeah the Fatton and M60 are being left in the dust very quickly. They aren't relevant in CW or public play because they are shit compared to all the other tier 10 mediums.

Mäuschen (VK B replacement) will get the E100's gun but without the ability to fire gold. I can only conclude the Maus will get it as well (without the handicap)

You went full re--  and applied logic to wargaming.

Never apply logic to wargaming. Buffing IS-7 shows it enough, and their idea of a CGC nerf...

Guess I really have to get IS-8 finally (I've got it researched like 6 months or so), just to get that buffed IS-7. Though I don't really play much heavies these days.

I wasn't expecting a T30 buff, but I'll take it! Its gun is way more derpy than it needs to be + it can't mount a bloody stabilizer.

Because some clown at wg arbitrarily decided it is now (after the move from tier X to tier IX) a "tank destroyer" and tank destroyers don't mount vertical stabilizers (never mind the fact that the real prototype T30 was capable of mounting one, and was a heavy tank). Probably the same clown who arbitrarily decided the T34 should have worse view range when it was at tier IX than the T29 did at tier VII, and you should have to grind about 200K or so to get to the 120MM when it started out equipped with the T29's 105MM. That same genius decided that the T29 was so good that the T32 should not get anything better than the 105MM on the T29.

The T7 155MM has always struggled with random bouts of stupidity, this might improve it slightly, but will not resolve it. I'll take what I can get. But the damned thing suffers from RNG as though it were a piece of indirect fire artillery.

Good thing the IS8 isn't a heavy. :serb:

Just like IS-3 isn't, but IS-7 is. Meh, I guess I can live with that.

Actually I quite like IS-4 now that it got some buffs. Dinged 6000+ with it today :).

This isn't much of a CGC nerf.. Drivers have to be slightly luckier to hit you now, but so what? Arty is already a dice roll and this isn't going to save anyone from being one-shotted.

Also not sure why they're removing Hidden Village from high tiers. My max damage games in the 140 and Bat Chat both took place on that map. RIP.

Can they nerf the splash? Cruising in my WZ-120 and I took a 1k splash from the CGC. That's insanity.

Tell that to my Foch, ended up getting splashed for half my HP while I was shooting through a certain set of arches from a certain alley on the north side of Fisherman's bay, I look at the damage direction and it says he shot from his base i.e. hit the houses behind and above me.

The whole point of putting 40mm of back armour on the Foch is to withstand artillery shrapnel and explosive splash damage.

God I hate splash, removes all skill from arty (not even the skill of leading someone right and then getting fucked by RNG, as is typical of lower tier arty)

Tell that to my Foch, ended up getting splashed for half my HP while I was shooting through a certain set of arches from a certain alley on the north side of Fisherman's bay, I look at the damage direction and it says he shot from his base i.e. hit the houses behind and above me.

The whole point of putting 40mm of back armour on the Foch is to withstand artillery shrapnel and explosive splash damage.

God I hate splash, removes all skill from arty (not even the skill of leading someone right and then getting fucked by RNG, as is typical of lower tier arty)

Nothing beats losing 800hp when your enemy misses you. Thanks Wargaming!

Nothing beats losing 800hp when your enemy misses you. Thanks Wargaming!

Best part of mine was after I told the clicker to shove it up his ass, he called me a stat padder playing nothing but mediums.

Best part of mine was after I told the clicker to shove it up his ass, he called me a stat padder playing nothing but mediums.

Yet you need to play meds because the flexibility allows you to carry the self same shitters. The irony is delicious.

Yeah this thing needs to be removed from the game. I swear, every time I play my shiny new 50B and there's arty, sure enough it's a Conq. But as per usual, WG doesn't address the real problem: splash radius + insane damage, but instead just makes it *slightly* more annoying to use, which of course won't stop your average pleb from playing it. It'll just prolong the inevitable.

Don't forget the T92 has even more splash and damage than the CGC, the thing that makes it OP is the insane shell arc, there is literally no cover from it. Not sure about my decision to grind it for missions anymore since it's gonna be even more RNG based now.

Meh, I'll tale any nerf to arty, but this is the definition of "dice roll" mechanics. GG WG, now it's truly a troll wagon...

What literally made me go "WAT." Is another buff to the IS-7. Ludicrous that they buff this idiot proof wagon before the Maus screams of "shitter Russian player whine syndrome. Also, no Patton buffs? WG really wants to make the US meds shit compared to the disgustingly good Russian hover meds.

I'm really starting to think that WG need to listen to non objective reports on tanks that are iffy. The Maus really needs a slight RPM buff, but to buff the IS-7 first is retarded. Merging the splash would be better on the CGC, not make it more RNG based.

Bleh. I'll wait and see what happens. Not holding out too much hope, but you never know...

The Maus really needs a slight RPM buff, but to buff the IS-7 first is retarded. Merging the splash would be better on the CGC, not make it more RNG based.

The Mäuschen (VK B replacement that was going to come in 9.8 but not any more) is supposed have the option of mounting the E100 gun without HEAT rounds. Logic would dictate the Maus would get the same gun as well, presumably without the restriction, otherwise it'd make no sense for the tier 9 to have a bigger gun than the t10. But logic and WG don't really belong in the same sentece :(

IS-7 kinda needs the buff, after accuracy nerf that gun handling + bad pen is literally cancer, it gets rekt by HEAT-100 all day unless it's perfectly hulldown.