MacusFlash

Ninja tanks in 0.9.7

Rainbow artillery barrage? That's lame, we have ninja tanks!

demotivational-posters-31-550x412.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mHzSmhy91eU

http://wotreplays.eu/site/1836275#live_oaks-4chan-lorraine_40_t- Lorr's replay.

http://wotreplays.eu/site/1841018#self- T-44's replay.

My first guess was snipers (and a spotter) from swamp / little village, but the moment all those meds got spotted i was in doubt a bit.

My guess would be:

1: 1 spotter in swamp, snipers further back

2: a wonky terrain bug / total camo bug fail

But i guess 1

ps: also this team spread made my eyes bleed, most important part of the the map, the town, no tanks..... if there would have been 1 tank on the edge of swamp, you could perhaps have spotted all the snipers... (unless something is bugged)

ps ps: happened before though, in the past the entire camo system hung together of bugs, and faulty crap (bushes giving no camo, bushes giving way too much camo, and general ``working as intended``) all the bugs got fixed over time, but bushes having faulty camo values still happens from time to time, some bush give too much camo, others too little, perhaps there is lots of tall grass, this works as bush, and due to double bush, every tank can bassically onl be spotted by auto spot, so 50m distance, but if thays the case, we will see this happen a lot next weeks (since that grass should be there every game)

watch replay or youtube for both teams perspective. enemy team was driving right next to those tanks within couple meters

Last night I had a T28 Proto take a long time for me to spot even though he was sitting in the open at ~240m... like "something isn't right" kind of situation. I left cover and began advancing before he actually appeared.

Wow at first I thought it was just crazy camo in action then that batchat got bumped into by two to three tanks. Some pretty crazy stuff and kinda makes you wonder how often this might be happening on smaller scales since there is no way to really know unless you have replays from both sides. Its so weird how it affected a whole team, usually bugs like that seem to happen to individual players/PC's.

Edit: I noticed that the E50M who rammed that batchat also uploaded his replay, it doesn't even show him hitting anything even though the T44's replay clearly shows them hitting each other. GG WG.

I SO WANT THIS ABILITY. WG PLS GIFT TO ALL UNICUMS.

If Wargaming wanted to 'gift' it to individuals properly, at the least make it akin to the 'Disillusionment Charm' effect:

"Harry looked down at his body, or rather, what had been his body, for it didn't look anything like his anymore. It was not invisible; it had simply taken on the exact colour and texture of the kitchen unit behind him. He seemed to have become a human chameleon."

If they're going to continue to screw up the camo-view systems in World of Bugs, why not at least make it interesting to the vehicle wearer of the 'invisibility' effect? 

Surely they could like a 'historical' situation like this one:. :tank:

A 3rd p.o.v game video : The E50 Aust M's point of view was unique, as if the opponent force of tanks was using a cloaking device.  Just flip a switch to engage cloaking, and act like a Klingon....

Yeah, the weirdest part about this is how it worked. Every opposing tank in one area of the map never lit to any of the spotting checks by any of the other tanks in that area. On the other hand, when they left that part of the map they got lit. Weird stuff, makes me wonder if you can replicate it or the server was doing something weird at that moment.