Solono

Anime Thread 3.0: Same Old, Same Old

So I watched the first episodes of Hibike!Euphonium and Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso. I'm having trouble making progress because:

-Hibike! reminds me of my String Ensemble days which I miss very much

-Shigatsu reminds me of how terrible I am at the piano

I should probably just bring my violin and laptop to a practice room and start watching, practicing between episodes. Maybe I'll join the Symphony Orchestra next semester.

Anyone have recommendations for warm and fuzzy series?

Hahaha no

but it does work as warm and fuzzy b/c romance but besides the fact that it's 36 episodes of finding out for yourselves

that mcs are like retarded children.....

But I highly recommend watching I'd you has the time... b/c it takes the while 36 episodes (aka both seasons) for you to finish and be content..

But recommend to watch b/c I've rewatched it like 5 times lol...

Try usagi drop

I'll suggest Glass Lip for warm and fuzzy thiny. Worth trying it at least

C3 really boring me. Good lolis but boring story

Anyone have recommendations for warm and fuzzy series?

Was going to recommend Barakamon but you've already seen it. Can't really think of anything else off the top of my head apart from Ore Monogatari.

Try usagi drop

Can confirm is warm and fuzzy and pretty damn good.

I'll suggest Glass Lip for warm and fuzzy thiny. Worth trying it at least

Can confirm Glass Lip was almost unanimously agreed upon as being one of the worst shows of last year on Reddit.

Somehow I kinda liked how the whole things pans out, despite how it tries to be surrealistic, there are bits and pieces that I liked, its like eating cookies with raisins that I kinda dislike at first but at some point when chewing the raisins I kinda liked its sensation.

Was going to recommend Barakamon but you've already seen it. Can't really think of anything else off the top of my head apart from Ore Monogatari.

Can confirm is warm and fuzzy and pretty damn good.

Can confirm Glass Lip was almost unanimously agreed upon as being one of the worst shows of last year on Reddit.

Can confirm all of what altorax is true, especially usagi drop...

Oh and that glass lip was shit.. pretty bad...not the worst thing I've seen... but pretty disappointing... b/c I actually wanted to watch it... and then... it was just.... sssoooooo bad..

Somehow I kinda liked how the whole things pans out, despite how it tries to be surrealistic, there are bits and pieces that I liked, its like eating cookies with raisins that I kinda dislike at first but at some point when chewing the raisins I kinda liked its sensation.

That's like I like shooting myself in the foot.. b/c I like watching how the blood pours out from the wound

B/c cookies with raisins, that's just small texture differences.. kind like watching shoujos.. you first think its stuoid or w/e w/e but you just keep watching more and more... for some reason.. #thetropesarereal ...this however... is different On a whole another level..

Who cares about catgirls when they should be spending money researching how to digitize the human mind and creating a virtual anime world for us to live in.

I think we all agree that that is the endgame, but we need catgirls in the interim :^)

may have went a little overboard supporting my favorite shows @ AN

98ab1d6a6b.jpg

bought:

- konoe subaru hug pillow

- steins;gate visual novel

- disappearance of suzumiya haruhi light novel

- no game no life manga vol 1

- shinobu figurine

- kurisu figurine

- onegairu season 1

- spice + wolf both seasons

- little busters refrain

- clannad afterstory

- sakurasou

I wish I was old enough to get some disposable income. Then again, I'd probably hate working.

I think catgirls will look really fucking freaky IRL, some things should stick to 2D.

tru fax 

Who cares about catgirls when they should be spending money researching how to digitize the human mind and creating a virtual anime world for us to live in.

tru tru 

Will never forgive mayo chiki for ruining good pettanko by inflating chests for fanservice scenes

AND I'M BACK. Whew. Losing the desktop for a while really put a dent in any kind of gaming outside of Kancolle (which I can play on my laptop instead).

That said, some good keepers for me this season.  Kekkai Sensen/Blood Blockade Battlefront continues to bring the awesome, and it looks like the anime-original plot with the Monochrome siblings will finally bring together an over-arching plot that the manga lacked.  Then there's Hello! Kin'iro Mosaic if I want to just relax.

Then there's Gintama if I just want to laugh my lungs out until I start coughing. It's insane. :P

I think catgirls will look really fucking freaky IRL, some things should stick to 2D.

That doesn't mean we shouldn't try! ;_;7

@KraftLawrence

Can we expect a full playthrough of Steins;Gate with commentary & facecam?

@Teru_Miyanaga,

Even though I'm watching 7 shows from this season, Kekkai Sensen is ending up being around 50% of the total episodes that I'm watching (between the sub, the dub, then rewatching the sub... and maybe a third time for eps I really liked).  And to be honest, I would have been fine with it if they opted for no main plot-line - the show is just so damn fun it could just be a big collage of one-off eps or 2 ep arcs.  That would definitely fit the feel of the show, considering its editing style and zany cast.  Speaking of the manga, WHERE DO FIND?  I used to be naive and thought that if something existed, it was on the internet, but after spending a long time looking, I couldn't find diddly-squat.  Do I just have to get them from Dark Horse?  I hope not, because that would make me someone who buys and reads comic books... and being someone who watches anime is bad enough as it is... I don't think I'd be able to handle being both - I'd probably implode.

and yes, I know that it is a manga, not a comic book, but Dark Horse is a comic book publisher/seller... you know what I mean

Can we expect a full playthrough of Steins;Gate with commentary & facecam?

If he does that, I'll do a playthrough of Grisaia no Kajitsu. Don't have a facecam though, you'll have to use your imagination. 

o god i don't think i can, i play all my games while alt tabbing to read forums / watch streams :$

it's not that expensive though, u can find it for $30 on jlist!

Speaking of the manga, WHERE DO FIND?

The manga is being serialized in Jump SQUARE, if I remember right.  It kind of explains the amount of volumes, as Square is a monthly publication.

LOL at KraftLawrence's avvie.  You watching OreGairu?  How're you liking the most recent arc so far?