Solono

Anime Thread 3.0: Same Old, Same Old

when people get TOO op, it's not fun anymore (think kirito). Tatsuya was literally God at the end, reviving everyone.

Seems that way for Soma too (only 3 ep in), though I came into it expecting that so it's not that bad I suppose. 

in Tatsuya's defence tho, Miyuki is a pretty damn kawaii imouto :^)

Seems that way for Soma too (only 3 ep in), though I came into it expecting that so it's not that bad I suppose. 

ya but Soma strips people's clothes off using food, it's different see

But if they're super overpowered then that means we'll get to skip all the training arc crap! :D

Honestly got so bored of seeing typical shonen MCs who start off super weak, get rekt, learn some new technique, win and rinse repeat. Mahouka was pretty entertaining in the sense that it didn't care and made Tatsuya broken OP just for the hell of it. A nice, refreshing change lel. From an objective standpoint, it obviously wasn't the best anime but was still one of the more fun shonen shows from last year.

Also, Saegusa > Miyuki.

in Tatsuya's defence tho, Miyuki is a pretty damn kawaii imouto :^)

ya but Soma strips people's clothes off using food, it's different see

tru fax

Also, Saegusa > Miyuki.

I recall multiple Saegusa in the anime; I'll assume the prez in that case. 

swag 10/10 worth effort

xmqCBHy.jpg

eh.... so I find this season rather unappealing in general (at least in comparison to my expectations). Also, it just doesn't have the kind of shows I want atm. So looking thru my to-watch list, I started Non Non Biyori, which is exactly what I need atm. <3

(edit: popcorn funk is part of my workout tracklist, don't tell anyone)

Wait, YOU did workout? Surprising.

eh.... so I find this season rather unappealing in general (at least in comparison to my expectations). Also, it just doesn't have the kind of shows I want atm. So looking thru my to-watch list, I started Non Non Biyori, which is exactly what I need atm. <3

Non Non S2 is next season too :D

NNB too comfy, nyanpassu. So much hype

Wasn't this season hyped to be a good one? Or was that fall? Idk either way this season's theme seemed to be lost potential and major disappointments for the debuting anime.

Not really..? The only real disappointment has been PlaMemo so far, rest has gone more or less according to my expectations. It's still a ridiculously strong season.

Good choice breh

Ten hours of Teto to get through the workday!

Agreed that this season is crazy strong. Trickling in episodes as they're released is driving me nuts. When shows are this good I just want to binge them all :<

Just be a college student in the middle of exams, then you won't have time to watch anything anyway. :P

Lurker here. I don't really post much since I don't usually have anything to say, especially regarding what's airing at the moment. I am looking forward to watching Oregairu though, since I really enjoyed the first season (shows where you can have fun listening to the characters talk are awesome). Maybe I should make a MAL profile...but a lot of the stuff I've watched was years back and I don't think I'd judge them the same way now as I would have back then.

Wait, YOU did workout? Surprising.

Just because I would probably start punching random people if I didn't.

Only an hour 3-4 times a week and thats it.

Just be a college student in the middle of exams, then you won't have time to watch anything anyway. :P

Lurker here. I don't really post much since I don't usually have anything to say, especially regarding what's airing at the moment. I am looking forward to watching Oregairu though, since I really enjoyed the first season (shows where you can have fun listening to the characters talk are awesome). Maybe I should make a MAL profile...but a lot of the stuff I've watched was years back and I don't think I'd judge them the same way now as I would have back then.

4WcjiBT.png

just finished black lagoon, was pretty decent. kinda sad though.

Being sad is one of it's purposes though. I liked that part of the show the best probably. 

Wasn't this season hyped to be a good one? Or was that fall? Idk either way this season's theme seemed to be lost potential and major disappointments for the debuting anime.

It is, at least in my opinion.  I'm watching 8 shows from this season, which is as much as I've ever done.  Yes, it had(has?) some disappointments, but so does every season, and this one still has a core of strong shows to hold it all up.

Maybe I should make a MAL profile...but a lot of the stuff I've watched was years back and I don't think I'd judge them the same way now as I would have back then.

Like Alty said, just go ahead and make one and add things as you go.  You don't need to get everything down in one go (hell, you don't need to get everything down at all), and don't worry about scoring.  More than anything, MAL is just a handy way to organize what you've seen.  Just make one and add to it whenever you feel like it :)

ThePowerOfLove, on 05 May 2015 - 12:23 PM, said:snapback.png

Maybe I should make a MAL profile...but a lot of the stuff I've watched was years back and I don't think I'd judge them the same way now as I would have back then.

just like the others said just make one and update at your own pace.. aka after exams huehuehue, because trust me.. its gunna take a bit to get your mal all updated...

Being sad is one of it's purposes though. I liked that part of the show the best probably. 

Did you finish 2nd Season or Roberta's Blood Trail?  Both had bittersweet endings, which is about the best to expect from a craptastic place like Roanapur.

Did you finish 2nd Season or Roberta's Blood Trail?  Both had bittersweet endings, which is about the best to expect from a craptastic place like Roanapur.

I actually haven't seen any of Roberta's. I kept forgetting it was a thing. Glad you reminded me. 

I love just watching Rock change over time, yet at the same time he tries so hard not to.