Solono

Anime Thread 3.0: Same Old, Same Old

It's Haku, but in a different setting. It'll make sense when you finish the first season. I am musing on whether it'll be before the first season, or after the second season. Chronologically speaking of course.

Wait, I thought this was going to be the second season?  You're confusing me with your wording :(

Wait, I thought this was going to be the second season?  You're confusing me with your wording :(

It's a second season. I am just wondering what time frame it's taking place in.

But how could the second season be after the second season? .-.

I am implying that the second season could take place before or after the 1 season. Haku is still the main character, but Erurū and all the other companions are not going to be in the anime from the looks of it. The game is expensive, and I cannot read japanese, so I can't tell you much about it.

It's a gradual drift from what a "season" used to be.  Back during the first airing of Utawarerumono, 24-26 episode "seasons" were still common.  However modern definitions limit a "season" to one "cour", or 12-13 episodes.

An other things, as a fan of slow and relaxed anime, I'm kind of excited at ARIA coming back, albeit in a limited form via 3 OVAs...

CG8y7H7UgAEnQ5g.jpg

Always a pleasure to return to Neo Venezia, though even I had to laugh at how Alice's was the one that got foisted with a Russian Single (as in the Undine rank).

Anyone seen the trailer for the new season of Utawarerumono? It's finally getting a second season after 9 years.

dude holy shit i have very fond memories of that game / that anime. i actually beat the game on the hardest difficulty, which took me forever. i needed to get lucky with the elemental affinity every1 had.... but u needed to play the game on hardest difficulty to be able to get aruruu's umm.... scene. u can get the english patch off fuwanovel, if you want to just purchase the game in japanese. i pirated it personally, but i was a high school student with no money at the time so meh.

i think it was one of the first 20 anime that i ever watched, so yeah... very fond memories. i memorized the entire OP at some point in japanese, and at some point I also watched the show enough times to know what each character was about to say b4 they even started saying it :$

thanks for linking that, i'm happy it got a 2nd season.

kinda weird tho, season 1 went through the entire game material - wonder what they'll roll with.

Hai Tom. Watch Kiseijuu and Shirobako if you haven't. 

2nded Shirobako

easily top 5 anime of all time for me.  i'm looking at my MAL and I don't think there's much even in the 10/10 section that compares with Shirobako's awesomeness.

kinda weird tho, season 1 went through the entire game material - wonder what they'll roll with.

Actually if you pay attention to the trailer, you'll see the answer...

It looks like it's set during the time when Hakuoro first woke up.  Remember that flashback episode? Yeah.

o i didn't actually watch the trailer - i usually don't on things that i know i'm already hyped for :$

cuz i don't need the trailer to get hyped for this ;)

but ya i suppose that is good info!

2nded Shirobako

easily top 5 anime of all time for me.  i'm looking at my MAL and I don't think there's much even in the 10/10 section that compares with Shirobako's awesomeness.

Time to watch the first episode...and probably ONLY the first episode until I pick it back up 3+ months later. 

Time to watch the first episode...and probably ONLY the first episode until I pick it back up 3+ months later. 

I feel it doesn't pick up until maybe 3, but I thoroughly enjoyed it and it was sufficiently different from other anime to be memorable. Don't watch it too quickly though, I don't think it should be marathoned.

It's a gradual drift from what a "season" used to be.  Back during the first airing of Utawarerumono, 24-26 episode "seasons" were still common.  However modern definitions limit a "season" to one "cour", or 12-13 episodes.

An other things, as a fan of slow and relaxed anime, I'm kind of excited at ARIA coming back, albeit in a limited form via 3 OVAs...

CG8y7H7UgAEnQ5g.jpg

Always a pleasure to return to Neo Venezia, though even I had to laugh at how Alice's was the one that got foisted with a Russian Single (as in the Undine rank).

we still get 24-26 ep seasons though.

Now onto Kokoro Connect, pretty interesting concept, likable characters and a touch of lewdness.

1st thing I read in this thread is about rim job or something about tail

focking wot

1st thing I read in this thread is about rim job or something about tail

focking wot

It's from Kanokon, which was pretty much a lowbrow comedy about a foxgirl trying to get into the pants of a shota-looking teenager.  The final episode had her lose her powers, and the only sure way for her to get it back... was for the guy to lick the base of her ass (the tailbone), rimjob-style, to force her tail out again.  Really.

I feel it doesn't pick up until maybe 3, but I thoroughly enjoyed it and it was sufficiently different from other anime to be memorable. Don't watch it too quickly though, I don't think it should be marathoned.

Shirobako definitely starts slow.  It's appeal is both the characters and the semi-comedic look at just how messed up the anime industry is -- the first "arc" as it were, focusing on just what happens to an anime production if someone makes one little screw-up, for example (the answer: weeks work of scheduling is thrown into chaos).

I watched the first ep of Shirobako ages ago. Thought: Nothing I like is ever gonna happen here (drama, philosophy or whatever). So what made it interesting?

Finished kiniro mosaic. Is cute.

I need "what should I watch" generator

Think I watched Kiniro Mosaic purely cause there's Karen in it.

Yep, totally.

Think I watched Kiniro Mosaic purely cause there's Karen in it.

Yep, totally.

Green tea

Coffee

Green tea

Coffee

(I just wokeup when I type this on my phone)

Wait... wrong anime....

More than 1 waifu will ruin your laifu

10a.jpg

I watched the first ep of Shirobako ages ago. Thought: Nothing I like is ever gonna happen here (drama, philosophy or whatever). So what made it interesting?

Shirobako is a show about dreams coming true, and about the work needed to be put in as an artist. Every week, it ties together some production-related drama their studio is having (ex: "the key animator is furious that his scene is taken away from him and is going to be made with 3D") together with their meaningful story arcs.

The show introduces probably the largest cast of any anime I've watched recently, and to this day, I can look at the entire staff below and know what each of them do at the animation studio. Shirobako really makes you care about the characters. Especially the main 5 girls that you see in episode 1, they all want to get into the anime industry doing a different role - 3D, voice acting, production, story writing, and animation. You follow their struggles as some of them fail over and over to get in, and when they finally do it's one of the best feelings ever. At least it was for me. I love me shows about dreams :P

e378709bc5.jpg