Solono

Anime Thread 3.0: Same Old, Same Old

Why bother wasting your time with that crap? Since we can all (finally) agree that UBW is shit, let me just say that the original F/SN is about 10x worse. Do yourself a favor - watch Fate/Zero and maybe Illya then just be done with the franchise. Betting money that Heaven's Feel turns out awful as well.

Agree. Seen the original, Illya 1 and part of 2, Zero and the first ~12 of UBW and the only one that I don't feel exasperated when thinking about is Zero.

UBW is just a little watered down imo. I think if it was 1-cour, it could've been a lot better. Cut out all the Shirou idealism speeches, all the Tsunderin moments, and the Servants' backstories. Keep the fight scenes, and you have a pretty solid show I think.

Why bother wasting your time with that crap? Since we can all (finally) agree that UBW is shit, let me just say that the original F/SN is about 10x worse. Do yourself a favor - watch Fate/Zero and maybe Illya then just be done with the franchise. Betting money that Heaven's Feel turns out awful as well.

I don't see why it get's so much hate. Only on episode 13 atm so we will see.

Edit: Also, I asked around and could not get a consensus on the best way to watch the fate series. I figured I would just watch release order and then decide for myself what is good and bad.

Edited by TriggrHPY

UBW is just a little watered down imo. I think if it was 1-cour, it could've been a lot better. Cut out all the Shirou idealism speeches, all the Tsunderin moments, and the Servants' backstories. Keep the fight scenes, and you have a pretty solid show I think.

How can it be watered down when the latter is exactly what happens in the God awful sub-human source material? You would have to alter it to suck less. Unaltered Nasu vomit is as unwatchable as it is unreadable. In that regard, the original adaptation is superior precisely because it doesn't follow the war crime-like faux novel closely. 

Edit: Also, I asked around and could not get a consensus on the best way to watch the fate series. I figured I would just watch release order and then decide for myself what is good and bad.

The correct answer is: Don't.

How can it be watered down when the latter is exactly what happens in the God awful sub-human source material? You would have to alter it to suck less

This. I'm pretty sure I said it a while back but to reiterate myself, it's pretty difficult to make a good anime out of shit source material.

This. I'm pretty sure I said it a while back but to reiterate myself, it's pretty difficult to make a good anime out of shit source material.

I often wonder if anime is better off without source material, but plenty of meh/trainwreck still gets made even without it :<

Although we do owe some very good entries into the medium to original works. TTGL, Xam'd, LWA, Heartcatch PreCure, Occult Academy (sorta), and a few of those other Anime Mirai productions.

Added even more. A few of them below. HappinessCharge so cute!

dKkAITX.gif

Also, pubbies when you try to give them advice in Tanks;

iwdQxIr.gif

SmcM4mT.gif

OaU2nbi.gif

w8nBTmU.gif

Deen FSN is absolute shit. Watch Carnival Phantasm after all that. Best TM work.

I often wonder if anime is better off without source material, but plenty of meh/trainwreck still gets made even without it :<

2 words: Bones original

Darker than black and Chaika got fucked by them. Kekkai's original stuff is proving pretty good, hope I didn't jinx it.

So haven't logged in to fb for months, decided to log in to check some stuff in clan fb, then random ad happened... 

Hidden Content

;_;) am not that ronery, fucking targeted ads 

I know which Momo that is... fuck.

I don't see why it get's so much hate. Only on episode 13 atm so we will see.

idk why alty doesnt like ubw... i actually liked the movie and 1st season (havnt started the 2nd yet).....

tbh, the only fate series I didn't like, was fate stay night by deen... it was just so boring...... and sslllooowwww...... and I watch a lot of Slice of lifes...... but idk... it took me a couple (read as 4) tries to get through it.... (4th was literally just me and friendos picking 24-26 episode series and marathoning all our picks)

Watcha watching next?

no idea. I'm actually kinda looking to see if theres more Oban Star Racers content. so far it looks like there isn't. QQ. 

I hate it when good programs finish. Im glad I found it and watched it again though. 

Where you fin the Oban Star Racer? I looked at some of the site people gave me. But, I must be to old and blind to see it.

idk why alty doesnt like ubw... i actually liked the movie and 1st season (havnt started the 2nd yet).....

Because Rin and Shirou are legit retarded. Some of the weakest and frankly, most irritating, characterizations I've ever seen. The whole plot is weaksauce as well compared to F/Z good anime. The only thing really going for it is ufotable's action scenes. If it weren't for that, I'd happily drop UBW down to a 6 on my list.

for you osu peeps

My friend literally linked me that an hour ago. I'm kinda like that - only in the sense that if I fail a tough song right at the end, I'll jump out of my chair and start swearing xd

Ranked #88606 atm though /flex

Edited by Altorax

Where you fin the Oban Star Racer? I looked at some of the site people gave me. But, I must be to old and blind to see it.

I originally saw it on TV quite a few years ago when I was 12. I remember really enjoying it back then and I wanted to find it and rewatch it, but I couldn't remember its name. it took some googling but I found it. im glad I did, despite the fact it was made for more of a 10-15 year old audience its was still a really good story and very addicting to watch. (literally when I wasn't doing schoolwork or playing PC games I was watching it when I found it)

a bonus was also that it has 26 episodes, the other animes I have watched only have 10-15 to one major story, before having a different story line.

no idea. I'm actually kinda looking to see if theres more Oban Star Racers content. so far it looks like there isn't. QQ. 

If you're in the mood to watch something a little more off-beat you might want to check out Genshiken. It's about a college otaku circle that grows and changes and spans multiple generations of students over the course of its three seasons (the older characters stick around but they've gone on to adult jobs and stuff). They cosplay, work on doujinshi, discuss otaku life, etc... it's an interesting and funny dissection of the culture. Lots of references to stuff that was currently airing while the show was going on too. because the characters cosplay others from popular shows. Is not a show for everyone though :>

My friend literally linked me that an hour ago. I'm kinda like that - only in the sense that if I fail a tough song right at the end, I'll jump out of my chair and start swearing xd

Ranked #88606 atm though /flex

*humblebrag*

also
pecsdkN.png

an hour ago ic =p

Edited by An_Arty_Player_Hits_You

Clicker confirmed friends with alty?

Ooooh, I'd like to get in on that too! 

Edit: Mouse over my avatar Kraft, and you will see just how much you've fucked me up

Edited by xRightygamer

Bless whoever made what is now my new avatar <3 <3 <3 <3

Also WOOO new SGX preview!

Edited by Roku
PREVIEW DROPPED