Solono

Anime Thread 3.0: Same Old, Same Old

If I haven't seen Resurrection F and Battle of Gods, should I hold off on DB Super?

Just finished Jitsu Wa Watashi Wa. Very excited for more episodes!

Adorable vampire that speaks in Kansai-ben? Yes please. Love the art style too.

It's ok, the best Kyoani product is Full Metal Panic. I miss edgy kyoani ;_;

Ahh it was such a good show. Great blend of so many things. Action, feels, laughs, animation.

Ultra cute kancolle pic

because I know it triggers you guys hard than a tumblrite feminazi gets triggered by a 4chan raid

to loli or not to loli

to ask Soloni or not to ask Soloni.... temptation is real

Just finished Jitsu Wa Watashi Wa. Very excited for more episodes!

Adorable vampire that speaks in Kansai-ben? Yes please. Love the art style too.

Ahh it was such a good show. Great blend of so many things. Action, feels, laughs, animation.

The world needs more utterly oblivious yet not annoying characters like Souske.

Edited by Teslarod

Anyone else feel like Chaos Dragon ep 1 felt really messy due to the super fast pacing? It's a solid idea for a premise but I wish they would have taken more time to flesh things out a bit.

Of course you rated it high, it's KyoAni :doge:

C'mon man,  Rikka got her priorities straight. Using monthly fee to buy NVG since she got a boyfriend that can (and will)  help pays her needs? You go girl!  :doge:

Anyone else feel like Chaos Dragon ep 1 felt really messy due to the super fast pacing? It's a solid idea for a premise but I wish they would have taken more time to flesh things out a bit.

Yeah, I liked the shota but it seemed like mishmash nonsense. Urobuchi was involved so it should be entertaining at least

And the red dragon thing is hilariously shit haha

So things escalated a bit in chat so Roku and I ended up bribing Soloni to watch animu.... we should have made a poll but we had to get it over with before he could change his mind.

Anyone up for a bit of guessing?

*hint* 3 digit episode count

And this isn't even the whole story :> 

start with msg for 80's anime boobs and well starting at the begining, as unicorn is a continuation of it rather than a separate story.(i think)

only msg so far basically watch it a few years back and never relised there were direct squeals to it. like 6 eps into zeta though, would probaly be half way through if i didn't have work >.>

Nice, you're following the anime chronology.

Next series after Zeta was ZZ (double Zeta) but word of warning - it started out terribly.till they had to bring back "kill'em all" Tomino somewhere in the middle of the show. Also, ZZ is rarely referenced by other shows so you can safely skip it.

In terms of UC timeline, Unicorn (UC 0096) occurs after CCA (UC 0093) and before F91 (UC 0116).

Random trivia: Turn A Gundam, while considered an Alternate Century (aka non-UC work), is set several decades/centuries after F91, because reasons.

Ahh, NNB2. So peaceful and enjoyable.

This show gives me nostalgia fits. The city I was near/in over there wasn't as tiny as the one depicted in the show, but it had a very similar feeling in the outlying areas. Rice fields, small clusters of homes, a river, lots of places to just walk around and enjoy the countryside. Watching NNB always takes me back there.

Renge marking her path so she wouldn't forget the way back home as she started a new part of her life was very touching and I felt a bit a connection to the symbolism.

Fuck the winner, that is all

If I haven't seen Resurrection F and Battle of Gods, should I hold off on DB Super?

If you've seen all of DBZ, then just watch Battle of Gods then your set for Super.

Ahh, NNB2. So peaceful and enjoyable.

This show gives me nostalgia fits. The city I was near/in over there wasn't as tiny as the one depicted in the show, but it had a very similar feeling in the outlying areas. Rice fields, small clusters of homes, a river, lots of places to just walk around and enjoy the countryside. Watching NNB always takes me back there.

Hidden Content

NNBR is too comfy, 20 minutes went by too quickly. 

R E N G E - D O N O

vXMFAr5.jpg

NNBR is too comfy, 20 minutes went by too quickly. 

R E N G E - D O N O

Hidden Content

Renge-dono was way too cute in her new school outfit with the little jacket. I melted.

Edited by Roku
words are hard

Renge-dono was way too cute in her new school outfit with the little jacket. I melted.

That Haute Couture part was too random haha.

I heard hibike! Euphonium was yuri. I'm still waiting on the yuri

It's yuribait not actual yuri damn son, you dun goofed 

It's yuribait not actual yuri damn son, you dun goofed 

He likes ecchi which is a cock tease, don't see why he won't like it anyway :doge: 

can confirm chaos dragon was very jumbled and rushed, but w/e, will still watch it, and i got all the exposition and info i needed... also i like the ed X thing, reminds me of the terrible dangan ropa animation

I've just binge watched 'Another' after someone (I think Kraft, referenced the dolls in it), thought it was a really good horror/mystery - 8/10 - and kept me guessing to the end -

- as to who was the dead one, I thought it would be pigtail girl Azakawa. 

Also I was convinced Mei was a ghost at the start, they did good with that. I thought the dolls would be significant, after one fell off the shelf the elevator falling incident happened so at first I thought there'd be a link there.

Though the final scenes at the graveyard - no mention of the fire and all the classmates murdering each other?

And no explanation to why the owner's wife started cutting up them up? Didn't have many explanations for a lot of things, so are we to assume the curse/'calamity' just made her go batshit crazy?

Onto Mirai Nikki next. Taking care to just look at MAL scores and not read reviews for these type of shows, otherwise spoilas abound.

finished 2 arcs of HxH so far, not bad

8/10 so far I suppose

dem 2 recap eps tho, like seriously >.<

You're lucky you didn't drop it. There's one semi-recap episode later on which kinda doesn't feel like a recap until it ends. It's only getting better. And lol 8/10 being a bad rating

My only real complaint about HxH is that it needed more Hisoka :doge: