Solono

Anime Thread 3.0: Same Old, Same Old

finished Heaven's Arena arc in HxH

probably best one so far

Only gets better my friend. I see you are pushing through episodes fast

Wasn't there's like a guy asking for anime recommendations for starters some pages ago? Or was it lost in the rollback?

Wasn't there's like a guy asking for anime recommendations for starters some pages ago? Or was it lost in the rollback?

We lost it in the rollback. I hope he can remember that stuff lol.

Hey guys I was the one asking for recommendations lol. My post was lost in the rollback it seems so here is a "repost" of sorts. 

Was just wondering from a limited experience what are some good recommendations across all genres were some good anime to get started on? From what I read briefly on my own I have seen mostly lies in the Mecha/action genre but I am aware there are many other interesting genres of this artform. I remember someone posted a flowchart of sorts. I still have the link to that thank god lol. 

Hey guys I was the one asking for recommendations lol. My post was lost in the rollback it seems so here is a "repost" of sorts. 

Was just wondering from a limited experience what are some good recommendations across all genres were some good anime to get started on? From what I read briefly on my own I have seen mostly lies in the Mecha/action genre but I am aware there are many other interesting genres of this artform. I remember someone posted a flowchart of sorts. I still have the link to that thank god lol. 

Yeah, I posted the flowchart. Start with Fullmetal Alchemist, it's a good starting point for everyone as the filler is short and it's not bad in any way. Start with the first episode to see if you like it or not, no harm dropping it if you don't. Beginners tend to eat up any shit in front of them, so it's actually good to keep in mind that you can drop whenever.

Yeah, I posted the flowchart. Start with Fullmetal Alchemist, it's a good starting point for everyone as the filler is short and it's not bad in any way.

I pretty much started out with FMA. Whether or not you want to watch the original adaptation/Brotherhood, or even both is up to you.

Unfortunately, the same age as cheesy now. As such, I am currently convincing a friend to buy me a dakimakura.

FMA is a great start. Bones <3

I think Brotherhood is the superior watch, but you can't go wrong with either, or both.

watched ep 1 of overlord last night, cuz it's made by madhouse

didn't read the synopsis before watching, but uhh.... ANOTHER anime about a dude trapped in a vidyagaem?

i feel like that's been done before ~.~

I liked it - it has a bit more personality than your standard one.  We'll see where it goes, but since it's madhouse, I'm pretty confident that it's direction will end up leading it someplace worthwhile.

Yeah, I posted the flowchart.

I'm curious now, repost pls? :3

I got my friend hooked on anime with Mobile Suit Gundam 00 and Code Geass. Both are dubbed in English and I think its easier to get into anime with dubbed first before subbed, at least that's what I did.

If you've seen them, try Death Note.

I got my friend hooked on anime with Mobile Suit Gundam 00 and Code Geass. Both are dubbed in English and I think its easier to get into anime with dubbed first before subbed, at least that's what I did.

Then get hooked on anime first, and then come back and watch Code Geass sub.  Death Note good recommendation, has gud dub.

FMA is a great start. Bones <3

I think Brotherhood is the superior watch, but you can't go wrong with either, or both.

Brotherhood's story is superior, but the 2003 one has better atmosphere and less comedy (I just liked the way the story was told even if it was stupid as shit at the end). It's a tossup. Darker than black is also great and action packed, but the episodic format isn't too hot for newbies. 

@righty, daki of whom?

Because you are new, now is the time to avoid dubs like the plague! It will really suck later if you decide to switch to subs for access speed because you don't want to wait on the dubs anymore, and once you have been used to dubs for a while you can't switch as easily. Gundam 00 and Code Geass are both great watches, can confirm that. I again recommend Bleach and Gundam Wing so you can expand your comfort zone a little, and Cowboy Bebop as well. A note about Cowboy Bebop, the dub for that one is excellent so if you want to watch that in English go right ahead, I'll condone that one. Pretty much all other dubs should be avoided.

Leaving this here for future use

ty Gate for being so meta

Wpk1pxL.jpg

Edit:

Also, fucking Japan.  They cock tease me with great guitar in their anime OP's, but rarely ever set their guitarists loose on a solo in the full versions of the songs.  Latest example: Chaos Dragon OP (which is fantastic by the way, it just needs that solo >.<)

SoL is love SoL is lyfe

Yes, and goddamnit my reply to him was also lost.

I used to do anime recommendations on Hongfire, and I developed a system of sorts to figure out what would tickle your fancy - just need to answer these 3 questions.

1. Name (up to 3) some anime you've enjoyed immensely, and a brief reason why.
  2. Name (up to 3) best non-anime stuff you've enjoyed, and a brief reason why. It can be a TV show, movie, book, play, what-have-you.
  3. Name the worst-ever thing you hate the most (this helps me avoid recommending genres that might turn you off)

Riiiight, I have to re write the recommendation I wrote...

I highly recommend Space Dandy, as it doesn't exactly have a storyline, each episode to its own, with differing animation style at some episodes, story can be somewhat surreal or the standard shenanigans. You'll see a lot of character stereotype/formula that often appears in any other shows and due to it doesn't have a main storyline the show can have various formula of its story in each episode.

Then for some over the top actions, if you're into those kind of thing, Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann. Absurd in a lot of aspect and characters have strong emphasizing regarding their trait. Mecha fights to the scale of universe, amusing, and with great closure to boot.

Trigun or Kekkai Sensen, if you're into actions that have more definitive story. Trigun is an older show so it maybe a bit harder to look for.

Bokura wa Minna Kawaisou for a more slice of life toned show, highschooler got a crush, live in a rented place with couple of its tenant. Comedic to an extent, pretty light.

While for short ones or somewhat one shots... I think FLCL or CENCOROLL will fit the bill.

So I'm watching Shinsekai Yori and was really enveloped in the setting and story, then got to episode 8...

and everyone is gay.

what.

I'm not homophobic but just what.