Solono

Anime Thread 3.0: Same Old, Same Old

2 weeks late, but I finished kino no Tabi (per recommendation) 

Brb rethinking life. (To be serious though, some episodes were a serious hammar to either/both feels and/or reasoning) 

Damn good anime though. 10/10 quality plot, even if its gold in a series of loosely related episodes. 

Now, time for the "character/plot withdrawal" symptoms to begin. RiP. 

Also, any opinions on Plastic Memories? Synopsis makes me lean away with the feels factor, but it looks interesting (I enjoy sci-Fi as much as anything relaxing). 

So I'm watching Shinsekai Yori and was really enveloped in the setting and story, then got to episode 8...

Hidden Content

What xRightygamer mentioned, though in the LNs (warning: spoilers)

It goes beyond sexual preferences. IIRC the characters are brainwashed from young to go into libido (aka horny mode) whenever they experience high stress. In one arc where the characters are separated from other humans during the Rat attack, Saki experiences a strong urge to fuck - and this is a girl barely into puberty.

The reason for this brainwashing is not explained in the anime (mainly because they don't explore that particular aspect) but it's the same reason why the Ethics committee has such wide ranging powers and for Death feedback...

So I couldn't get to sleep the other night and decided to watch something from the TV Shows folder on my harddrive.
Figured I'd go with FMA: Brotherhood, as it had been some time since I finished the series. 
Came home from work yesterday, decided I'd watch some more. 
I ended on the episode where

Nina Tucker is transmuted into a chimera by her father

Then today, I see this on the front page of reddit

Z3GNquU.png

I'm not a superstitious person; I know this is just a coincidence. 

But still.. come on, man

So I couldn't get to sleep the other night and decided to watch something from the TV Shows folder on my harddrive.
Figured I'd go with FMA: Brotherhood, as it had been some time since I finished the series. 
Came home from work yesterday, decided I'd watch some more. 
I ended on the episode where

Hidden Content

Then today, I see this on the front page of reddit

Hidden Content

I'm not a superstitious person; I know this is just a coincidence. 

But still.. come on, man

Oh c'mon I really didn't need food for nightmares right before I go to sleep.... oh well no sleep for me today.

Also, any opinions on Plastic Memories? Synopsis makes me lean away with the feels factor, but it looks interesting (I enjoy sci-Fi as much as anything relaxing). 

Plastic Memories draws you in with an interesting premise and fairly good art, but by episode 3 reveals that it was all just a con, and that it was actually a bad anime from the very beginning.

Plastic Memories draws you in with an interesting premise and fairly good art, but by episode 3 reveals that it was all just a con, and that it was actually a bad anime from the very beginning.

Wow RiP.

... anything similar along those lines then? Something near-future sci-fi-ish along the lines of Chobits.

Wow RiP.

... anything similar along those lines then? Something near-future sci-fi-ish along the lines of Chobits.

The only other thing that I can think of is Time of Eve.  But if you're really looking for what you've said above, then you really don't have any other options besides Plastic Memories.  Give it a shot - maybe you'll like it - but many of us in the thread were rather disappointed...

Wow RiP.

In terms of genre (feels-scifi), there's Time of Eve, Steins Gate, and this little OVA called Yokohama Kaidashii Kikou aka Quiet Country Cafe.

Finished hibike euphonium. Next season when?

(Drumroll pls)

Time for...

black lagoon!

after that something ecchi, like to-love ru. Gotta balance it out guys

Just finished Black Lagoon (finally). Really nice but the ending just made me want more, I hope Gangsta can fill the void.

Also starting Dragon Ball Super. Damn I miss this series, Vegeta is such a cute tsun. 

so HxH,

I'm 4 episodes into the yorknew auction arc, I find myself hoping that Kurapika gets the shit beaten out of him and that his eyes get ripped out and stolen by the phantom troupe. I hope Killua sees this and goes batshit crazy full assassination mode.

Pretty fucked up hopes I guess, I don't even dislike Kurapika. I just like Kil/Gon fight scenes a lot more more, and they need that lil "push" to unlock their hidden power, ya know? Like Gohan at the cell games!

Rite, I found about the manga I was looking for, regarding game makers et al. Lots of intrigues and stuff regarding companies. Quite a refreshing read due to how it portrays the characters and environment, and volume 8 got a part where it hits too close to home personally. 

Title is Giga Tokyo Toy Box

Yay someone posted up the OP!

So excited to see that Maria got the whip-sword type weapon this season <3

Both pic had me like whaaaat? 

Pigeon,dakimakura, then an androgynous pic. Mind can't fathom which should be processed first.

Also dat avatar... Urge to use Rikka rising... 

Alright - I'm sold.  Calling it right now: Akagami will be AotS.  There is nothing not to like about this show.  To use it's own vocabulary, the show is just so god-damn charming.  I didn't do a side by side comparison, but the animation didn't seem to have dropped off from the first episode, and is still noticeably better than any other show that's currently airing.  The environments, characters, and music all remained gorgeous.  Maybe the brightness of all the show's colors is pulling some jedi-mind-tricks on me or something, but the bottom line is that Akagami is just great

Everybody in it is just so nice :3

Though it is kind of bullshit how they didn't even try to explain how Zen found her.  It's not out of the question that he could have (I mean, he was searching for a whole day, and a large mansion in the general area of where Shirayuki said she was going to go seems like a perfectly reasonable place to look), but the show just kind of leaves the viewer to fill in the blanks about what happened - which wasn't necessary to do in this case.

Also, WTF WHY DOES THIS KID HAVE MUTTON CHOPS

F6NncN5.png

Sasuga Bones :D

For you people who haven't seen it yet, for the love of everything... watch Xam'd: Lost Memories. It was an anime original production by Bones that featured staff members who who have a lot of great titles under their belts. It's very worth your time.