Solono

Anime Thread 3.0: Same Old, Same Old

I adore the Jitsu wa OP <3

And Hiro Shimono is in the show! YAY! (Baka Test, Ben-To, God Only Knows and so much more!)

Impressions of Plastic Memories so far... 

Wow dat art 9.8/10. 

First 2 episodes got some feels going

Episode 3 was such a bloody wreck of an attempt at comedy relief (chuunbiyo reference though)

Episode 5... Jesus. 

Isla is adorable <3

Alright - I'm sold.  Calling it right now: Akagami will be AotS.  There is nothing not to like about this show.  To use it's own vocabulary, the show is just so god-damn charming.  I didn't do a side by side comparison, but the animation didn't seem to have dropped off from the first episode, and is still noticeably better than any other show that's currently airing.  The environments, characters, and music all remained gorgeous.  Maybe the brightness of all the show's colors is pulling some jedi-mind-tricks on me or something, but the bottom line is that Akagami is just great

Everybody in it is just so nice :3

Hidden Content

Even in the manga it's not explained.

Sasuga Bones :D

For you people who haven't seen it yet, for the love of everything... watch Xam'd: Lost Memories. It was an anime original production by Bones that featured staff members who who have a lot of great titles under their belts. It's very worth your time.

I didn't like the ending of Xam'd. Was a super "uwtfm8" ending.

Non non was good
7M00RTn.gif

Also for Kraft

WUc9HYB.png

So Non non features magical girls out in the rurals? 

Also Chimera ants - don't read/watch if you can't handle gore/death.

So I juat finished playing chrome wolf and story was pretty normal up to the final mission. Now I'm hoping that someone out there, someday, will either make a dojin out of it or make a show with similar story cause the ye olde jrpg engine and display isn't capable of fully delivering that feel skewering shot for some of its moment. 

Finished S2 of Sidonia today. 

Someone else said this as well, it seemed like it took a turn for the overly silly. Still pretty good though, I'm definitely hoping for a third season.

Also, I talked about my watch through of To Aru stuff earlier. I just started Railgun S1, and I'm struggling. Does it get any more serious/any less of that obnoxious Shirai? I'm thoroughly tired of her over the top shenanigans. If it doesn't get any better, just tell me now so I can stop. 

Railgun S is better than Railgun IMO.

Stuff like this (minor spoilery I guess? But mostly just a badass fight). Mugino totally reminds me of Willow from D: Bloodlust XD

Railgun S is better than Railgun IMO.

Stuff like this (minor spoilery I guess? But mostly just a badass fight). Mugino totally reminds me of Willow from D: Bloodlust XD

You are not alone, Railgun wasn't nearly as enjoyable as Railgun S, though that's not to say the former is bad. Just seems to me that the action got better in S.

Finished Plastic Memories. 

Man all those hints being thrown at you about the ending, right up to the last second... The writers don't leave it to imagination, don't they? 

Last episode was heavy on the heart/feels, but leaving the anime on a high note is nice. 

Overall not as bad as knobby made it out to be, but damn some of those attempts at comedy relief... Wut. Writers must've been hella drunk. 

Aw shit boys, the new Gundam series!

Loving the art style.

"39-year-old Tatsuyuki Nagai, best known for his directorial works for Toradora!A Certain Scientific Railgun and Anohana: The Flower We Saw That Day, attaches to direct. His Anohana partner Mari Okada works on series composition, Michinori Chiba (Gundam 00Gundam AGE) serves as character designer based on original designs by manga artist Yu Ito (Imperial GuardsShut Hell). Naohiro Washio (Valvrave the Liberator), Kanetake Ebikawa (Gundam 00), Ippei Gyoubu (Gundam Reconguista in G), Kenji Teraoka (Gundam Build Fighters), and Tamotsu Shinohara (Super SentaiHeisei Kamen Rider)

provide mecha designs.

The story is set 300 years after the big war called "Yakusai-sen (Disaster Festival War)." It follows Mikazuki

Augus, a boy working for private security company on Mars, Chryse Guard Security (CGS), and will become

the pilot of Gundam Barbatos later. After accepting the job to guard a girl named Cuderia Aina Bernstein,

he gets involved in battles, because she is seeking the independence of the city of Chryse from Earth.

More Gundam from each forces will appear in the story."

Kekkai Sensen's OST is out, pretty damn nice if you like nice jazzy beats and chill piano stuff.

Keep on the sunny side and White Gloves and On My Own dayam
More edits: finished it and it makes my ears go dokidoki

Aw shit boys, the new Gundam series!

Loving the art style.

"39-year-old Tatsuyuki Nagai, best known for his directorial works for Toradora!A Certain Scientific Railgun and Anohana: The Flower We Saw That Day, attaches to direct. His Anohana partner Mari Okada works on series composition, Michinori Chiba (Gundam 00Gundam AGE) serves as character designer based on original designs by manga artist Yu Ito (Imperial GuardsShut Hell). Naohiro Washio (Valvrave the Liberator), Kanetake Ebikawa (Gundam 00), Ippei Gyoubu (Gundam Reconguista in G), Kenji Teraoka (Gundam Build Fighters), and Tamotsu Shinohara (Super SentaiHeisei Kamen Rider)

provide mecha designs.

The story is set 300 years after the big war called "Yakusai-sen (Disaster Festival War)." It follows Mikazuki

Augus, a boy working for private security company on Mars, Chryse Guard Security (CGS), and will become

the pilot of Gundam Barbatos later. After accepting the job to guard a girl named Cuderia Aina Bernstein,

he gets involved in battles, because she is seeking the independence of the city of Chryse from Earth.

More Gundam from each forces will appear in the story."

would be better if it were uc and someone who worked on a uc thing was involved.

would be better if it were uc and someone who worked on a uc thing was involved.

They had their chance with Reconguista.

Was not a fan of AGE, but I think 00 is my favorite alternate. And I super <3 Build Fighters.

Solono, no takesies backsies

And yes it was icecream, but we all knew what cheesy was trying to do 

(See the sea slug spurting out white liquid scene commonly used in animu) [inserting scene gif from barakamon)

%7Boption%7D

https://38.media.tumblr.com/fe11e1c14865b7439c8e77c2b327b525/tumblr_n9p3kmzY9j1qcsnnso1_500.gif

I have fond memories of the sea cucumber gag from Ichiban Ushiro no Daimao too.

sea cucumber... yea that was what it was called =p, and i was thinking of ichiban ushiro also, but.... im still half asleep atm.. brain aint working at top gear yet.... in other news, nebby is trying to cut down his animes watching this season, and i helped him.. but i also went... oh, that isnt that many animus watching, silly nebby

The 2nd episode of monster musume is even better

RIP the thread ;_;7

Kekkai Sensen's OST is out, pretty damn nice if you like nice jazzy beats and chill piano stuff.

Keep on the sunny side and White Gloves and On My Own dayam
More edits: finished it and it makes my ears go dokidoki

YESYESYESYES MY LIIIIIIIIIIFFFFFFFEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now when do we get episode 12? :(

I have fond memories of the sea cucumber gag from Ichiban Ushiro no Daimao too.

Yeah, I think I've linked that one 3 times by now.