Tupinambis

So, *something* is gonna happen with premium ammo.

and thats about time, WG should have never given those tier 10 meds so much penetration, nerf pen, both AP and gold, and buff all sorts of soft stats, we now have a whole bunch of gimped tier 10 mediums, because they all have high pen, STB with 240 pen and normal gun handling? Fv42 with some turret armor and normal top speed? (and no trash bloom) M48 with some usefull armor instead of the stuff it has now? etc

WG can then also give tanks like leopard and amx 30 a clear advantage, give them more penetration, then you have real variaty...

ps: buffing soft stats and not nerfing gold ammo is the most idiotic thing WG can do, so they have plenty of room to screw stuff up, but  i guess they are not that stupid.... or are they?

Then in that case also nerf "weakspots" like IS-7 LFP so that hitting a perfectly aimed shot isn't a 50/50 chance to pen because lol RNG

Then in that case also nerf "weakspots" like IS-7 LFP so that hitting a perfectly aimed shot isn't a 50/50 chance to pen because lol RNG

that should be the next step, after nerfing the penetration on many tanks, nerf the overbuffed armor, Maus turret front is unhistorical strong, E3 hatch is way to though etc etc

WG failed big time when they, instead of nerfing OP guns, buffed UP armor, all they did was inflate the gap between tier 8-9-10...

ps: in the ideal world, tier 10 tanks are not much stronger as tier 9, tier 10 should be a ``reward tier``, with interesting tanks you play for fun, so in many cases marginal upgrades over the tank before, so give a number example, if the gap between all tanks is 1 point, so tier 5 = 5 and tier 6 = 6, then tier 9 should be 9 and tier 10 = 9,5, that way idiots wont play tier 10 all the time because ``they can pown``...

ps ps: long ago, before WG buffed credit gain for high tier tanks, playing tier 10 without premium account ment losing credits, and that was while running pure AP, even with prem account, the credit gain was minimal, this way bad players couldnt afford to play tier 10 over and over, greatly reducing the amount of idiots in tier 10 tanks....

ps ps: long ago, before WG buffed credit gain for high tier tanks, playing tier 10 without premium account ment losing credits, and that was while running pure AP, even with prem account, the credit gain was minimal, this way bad players couldnt afford to play tier 10 over and over, greatly reducing the amount of idiots in tier 10 tanks....

You'd only chase off mediocre players instead of the biggest wallet-shitters.

The biggest shitters will never play profitable. Regardless of prem account.

Which means relatively speaking, wallet-shitters become more likely to encounter.

That is a good concept of scaling really, there's no reason the step from 9 to 10 should be as big as any other step. 10s already get ultra-mega sheltered MM, and it's made tier 8 lame to have so many 10s running around. Bottom line with 10s is armor inflation, everything is covered in auto bounce angles and extremely thick armor which makes 8 vs. 10 worse than, say, 7 vs. 9.

To be honest, if they removed tier 10 and the game simply ended at tier 9, I wouldn't shed a tear, even if they didn't refund me.  Though within a patch or two you have bullshit freeXP magnet additions added in at tier 9 instead of 10, so I supposed it'd be a temporary enjoyment.

Well as long as we keep playing, we will still need the medium mobility to actually win so full prem spam in every med tank, great for WG. Luckyly i have an IS-6, where the prem spam still allows me to make a profit.

Wow so much hate ^^ And most of you cry for tanks that only work with gold rounds.. Wg going to buff ap penetration of some tank and nerf their gold rounds.. look at rita's site and see e100 ap change ^^

RIP 13 90s?

Yes, because 13 90 is UP without gold spam, how else are we supposed to get 2,5k+ dpg in it?

Fuck gold ammo, it's a crutch for retards and cunts.

Yes, because 13 90 is UP without gold spam, how else are we supposed to get 2,5k+ dpg in it?

Fuck gold ammo, it's a crutch for retards and cunts.

I love my AP WZ-132.

I loathe AP 13 90

There's this little thing called "Level Of Comfort One Is Used To" (aka "Decadence"). It's fine if you play it early on, but, well, after the WZ-132... I cannot go back to 13 90 AP without screaming because I canot make 170 pen work with that gun handling.

Then again I don't platoon either, as in about 1/1000th of my total matches were tooned, so I don't have more guys backing me up when doing 13 90.

I love my AP WZ-132.

I loathe AP 13 90

There's this little thing called "Level Of Comfort One Is Used To" (aka "Decadence"). It's fine if you play it early on, but, well, after the WZ-132... I cannot go back to 13 90 AP without screaming because I canot make 170 pen work with that gun handling.

Then again I don't platoon either, as in about 1/1000th of my total matches were tooned, so I don't have more guys backing me up when doing 13 90.

many tanks will be buffed (and nerfed) if there will be really harsh gold ammo nerfs, so speculating about tank x or y becoming bad, so be it.

When gold ammo for credits came, dozens of tanks became all of a sudden next to useless and WG didnt give a damm either....

ps: and for the health of this game, its better that WG doesnt care too much, people are stupid and the playerbase is stupid, so its better to not listen to ``experts``, regardless of who, what or how...

I just dont understand the issue with, you can shoot without a premium account, you can shoot it without spending a dime. Cant balance everything 100% in a free to play game

The problem with premium shells at the moment is that they aren't balanced in battles, they're just better shells.

Credits are an out of battle mechanic, they've no effect in battle, which makes premium shells a poorly designed game mechanic.

By the sound of the info from Status Report all WG is planning to do is nerf AP and gold ammo pen across the board, and it will take them a long ass time to do it because they want to do a lot of testing first. Maybe the plan at this point is just to be bought out by AW.

ps: and for the health of this game, its better that WG doesnt care too much, people are stupid and the playerbase is stupid, so its better to not listen to ``experts``, regardless of who, what or how...

1) Many agree that changing the pen values in a manner close to what has been recently revealed will be very detrimental to the health of the game

2) Implying WG employees can't be stupid, too

3) I'd much rather have WG do the most sensitive thing and listen only to super-unicums rather than the masses (or even their own hit-or-miss employees)

heheh, expect the changes to happen in two or three years, given WG's soon™ technology:

- it's possible that the planned penetration nerf will bring compensations in other gun characteristics (such as accuracy)
- exact penetration changes for specific tank guns were not decided yet, only the general concept was
- it's too early to tell whether it will be possible that the same gun on different vehicles (for example TD and HT version of the German 88mm L/56) will have different penetration in each version
- it is possible that the penetration nerf will come with a vehicle XP- and credit-earning buff to compensate for the less overall damage dealt by nerfed shells

http://ritastatusreport.blogspot.nl/2015/05/22052015-q.html

If medium penetration is nerfed, then I don't know what I'm going to do for fun in this game. Heavies are not enjoyable with so much arty, and most TDs are too slow to keep me interested. The 263 might be an exception but I haven't made it there just yet.

Surely they know that not fixing arty, and nerfing mediums will drive players away - in most cases to play AW.

If the devs really cared about armor in this game they would model sloped armor realistically; they won't because of the cries of russian bias though.

slopeeffect_zpsb3f02441.jpg

If the devs really cared about armor in this game they would model sloped armor realistically; they won't because of the cries of russian bias though.

slopeeffect_zpsb3f02441.jpg

They should at the same time also look at more realistic penetration values, since pen value of a tank is tied to the specific test plate (slope and thickness) its tested against, its not a constant

whats constant is muzzle energy and the surface this energy is applied to.

Also sloping and shell caliber should be much more prominent, high caliber / heavy shells get ridiculous much pen vs thin plate, regardless of the angle of the plate.

This would greatly buff russian armor and guns (slopes and caliber) aswell as german tanks (thick armor and high muzzle energy)

ps: RL KT UFP was already more as 300mm effective vs 75/76mm shells afaik, there is a reason it got never penetrated in combat, there was a topic on EU forum (around beta) in regards to realistic penetration and armor values, 150mm at more as 50 deg would be rly, rly strong and stuff like Maus / IS7 would be unkillable

ps ps: even panther glacis was RL much stronger as in wot, 90mm AP could not penetrate it, even at close range....

Panthervs90mmLiveFireTesting_APG_1944_1.

http://www.tank-net.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=38873

(also using a intact tank instead of a burned down wreck makes ``some difference``....)

1) Many agree that changing the pen values in a manner close to what has been recently revealed will be very detrimental to the health of the game

2) Implying WG employees can't be stupid, too

3) I'd much rather have WG do the most sensitive thing and listen only to super-unicums rather than the masses (or even their own hit-or-miss employees)

I have to seriously disagree on the only listen to unicums part. I distinctly remember most of the top-performing players on the NA server absolutely losing their shit and going mad when the T110E5's stats first leaked right before it replaced the T30.

I have to seriously disagree on the only listen to unicums part. I distinctly remember most of the top-performing players on the NA server absolutely losing their shit and going mad when the T110E5's stats first leaked right before it replaced the T30.

The change from T30 to E5 was "something different." A blanket penetration nerf is "something worse."

Funny to see how depended some are on gold amo.

Back in the days when T10 Meds were first introduced with the leaked stats I already said that this penetration is to high. To give them the same penetraion as Heavys would make HTs totaly obsolete. The rest is history. Meds are the thing to go. The penetraion I expected for the Meds was something around 240mm, because this would follow the former trend with penetration. T8 ~ 200mm, T9 ~220mm and T10 240mm pen. I would have been OK with that. But WG decided otherwise and gave them best penetration. I think even normalization was the same back then. 

WG followed their own philosophy. Meds should get a gun similar to a tier below HT. For T10 this means, T10 Mediums should get a gun comparealbe to T9 Heavys. The sad thing with this is, that T10 Heavytanks wont get a new gun and just get the same gun with buffed softstats. T10 MT were now on par with HTs.

The same shitty WG logic led to the ridiculus 850 alpha TD guns. Thankfully this mistake was already fixed. But it took them ages to do so.

All in all it is just hilarious to see WG in this situation. Now they indirectly confrim they have lost control over premuim ammunition. All these Q&A answeres were they told us "only 3-5 rounds are fired per round" were, as expected, bullshit. Giving out a PaytoWin Feature out to all Players without a drawback just had to result in Balance problems. When you have premium rounds only available for gold it gets balanced out because very few people use it. With the access for all players they should have changed something, but they didn´t.  The first laughable attempt to get it back in line obviously failed (Heat vs spaced armor and less normalization for APCR). Premium amo still provides much more advantages. How you can change this can be seen in WarThunder. APCR and HEAT rounds have much better penetration but less or non fragmantation, which results in less module dmg if you dont hit the right spot. Conferted to WoT this would mean, APCR and HEAT rounds would do less alpha. A solution the community brought up many times.

Or simply hardcap the amo but only with elite guns. With stock guns you can shoot as much goldrounds as you want. WG would still have their cashgrap and for us the horrible stock grinds would stay acceptable.

I only read the first 5 pages, but there's another way to curb gold spam and that is price. Damage and hard cap are only two options, the third is cost. This way their profits won't suffer, and less prem will be fired. It's more p2w this way but I doubt they care.

I see them using a hard cap and increasing cost in tandem, but lowered damage is a very interesting concept. To me personally the harcap makes the most sense, but as long as it's something in the double digits, not single.