Nalyk

Path of Exile.

Totally stuck on this right now pretty excited for the new expansion which is supposed to be coming soon.

Played it for a bit. Went up to lvl 20 before GW2 started bringing back the Living Stories... Love the Diablo 2 graphics and gameplay.

I really like how the economy is based on the various orbs. It's not strictly item based like Diablo 2 was.

I love the depth. 

I'm just completely out of it now, all my previous builds are outdated. 

Need me some Templar shit to get going. 

What builds did you play?

I really like my poison arrow trapper a lot. And I just started a righteous fire incinerator and a dual dream feather elemental cleave ranger that I'm enjoying quite a bit.

Everything you said is gibberish to me :|

I'm building a searing bond brotem Templar and a Fireball carpet bombing witch.

all of the builds I mentioned were on build of the week if you'd like to learn more about them. The trapper is especially fun.

I played it for a while a couple of years back, but in the end I didn't feel that it was worthwhile continuing - two major issues really bugged me:

First was the awful dsync. It was so bad that it would regularly freeze my game, forcing me to manually kill the program and re-enter. As you can imagine, this got me killed a ton, which in turn was a huge penalty at higher difficulties as there is a not insubstantial experience penalty for dying. I found this particularly annoying as the servers are supposed to be in NZ and thus shouldn't have been so shoddy (I know, small developer and all that, but come on, I get more stable connections to servers in the US than I did for PoE).

Second major issue was that melee seemed really, really gimped at higher difficulties. I always prefer playing melee characters. I was doing a dual-wield Duelist. However, as the difficulties ramped up, it just seemed harder to remain competitive. The massive dsync problems didn't help either, as even a minor stutter could end up getting you killed.

That said, the character building, skill system, and equipment depth is really good, and very well designed. Plenty of choice, flexibility and tough decisions to make. The art style was good, particularly the environments, but at times I found some of the creature models to be a bit on the dull side, but that might be due to turning down all the graphics in order to try and reduce the dsync issues... I think if you either don't have the connection stability options, or can put up with them, it can be a very enjoyable game. It's absolutely not for casuals either though, as the character building is pretty punishing if you don't know what you're doing.

As far as desync issues go, those are getting a pass. Next expansion adds a lot, and among that is helping out with desync :)

I have had horrible desynch issues as well especially during peak times or when I was playing something especially laggy like a summoner. Lately though since they've patched stability seems to be much better.

This next expansion is supposed to make melee more viable. Though I can't totally vouch for this.

I never had any technical issues thank Allah.

I played a lot of the Beyond league, shit was hella dope. I remember careening through Sarn while shrieking like a little girl because we overdid it and summoned some giant pimp daemon who immediately immolated our most xperienced player.

Next patch is gonna be boss! I play some every now and then and get all my masters to 8, but can't wait for the new stuff... Not looking at the spoilers too much, but will find a good MF build to start the new league with.

Apparently/seemingly the patch is changing so much a lot of the builds I'm looking at say they may become invalid.

I assume we will get a passive reset anyway, so gonna yoloswag my way into an Incinerate Scion, Brotem Templar and Fireball Witch.

I...I guess I am a fan of fire magic.

i'm going to give this a try though i doubt it'll run on my laptop.

Nerd.

not my fault the game doesn't run on linux.

Super nerd!

I'll be on tonight. Around 1800GMT, I have a glorious ts server for free useage but I need to appropriate label people who want to  join. Happy to roll a new character, perhaps a Shadow or Duelist as I've never tried them before.

Yeah, that's the problem with new content. I really like the new stuff but if it makes all of my builds invalid...sad panda.

I finally geared up my brotem templar. I run around, setting up jets of searing flame to cook things, anything that escapes cooking gets land mines thrown at it. Just like my holiday to the Democratic Republic of the Congo, good times. 

I will probably switch to a better build once levelled off, I love that you get two respect points per character run through. Hella useful. 

Need Grace though, Iron Reflexes needs pimping yo. 

so like games runs pretty decently after taking 15 mins to actually start up for the first time.

I need to load this one up again. I had a level 30 a long while ago and just stopped playing it.

Really having fun with my electric cleave ranger.

Running around super fast and attacking like a mini cuisinart is hilarious.

Hc scares me. Tried it once or twice in Diablo 2. Died because of connection issues. I can handle it when the death is my fault buut...

https://youtu.be/xiCmGLEIMro