Incindir

I am a worthless tomato.

I don't want to be a tomato. 

I no longer want to exist to pad the stats of players barely better than me. 

That's why I'm here. 

I go by Incindir. aka "Mouse". I followed a couple of my friends over to WoT from Eve Online, who decided to start playing with tanks. I used to be a tank crewman in previous career path, and I miss my Abrams dearly. I tried this game out several years ago. WoT was a very different creature then. Having picked it up again with friends to platoon with, I am enjoying it much more. Tragically, I have a dread fascination with fascist box tanks. I did not realize just how noob unfriendly they are, or how to even play them correctly (because I am an ignorant chode), I totally fucked my stats in the process. I've got a ton of tanks in my roster that have sub 45% win rates because I spammed them through matches to grind up to the "better" tanks. 

I'm in a "meh" clan. I only joined because that's where my friends from Eve-O ended up. I'm looking around to find a clan that trains people to improve their gameplay.   

I can't stand playing artillery. I have been grinding out the German Medium and Heavy lines largely solo, while taking the time to train up crews along the way. I've got three German crews with the first set of skills, working on the second set. I've been playing the VK 36.01, with very mixed results using both the 88 and the 75 Waffe. Just opened up the Tiger I, and will soon start on the VK 30.02 P to start grinding towards the Tiger P. 

I use a T-25, T14, and Excelsior to feed my consumables usage. I don't have a very good win rate in them, but they exist largely to make me money. I've kept my Luchs and Leopard around just because I find fast tanks fun to play as a break from the frustrations of playing the VK 36.01 deathtrap. 

In an attempt to hide my Nazi Shame, I've started working on the Russian KV line, and American Heavies as a filler for when I get sick of German tanks. 

I've perused most of the newbie guides already, and have been putting the advice to use. The most helpful so far has been Okeanu & Rexxie's guide on where NOT to go. I'm still working out which tanks to avoid, because I'm somewhat invested in playing German tanks that I may as well take it to the end before dedicating myself to another nation. 

I read these forums daily when I really should be doing something productive at work. My job bores me so I attempt to absorb knowledge about internet pixel tanks so I can stop sucking so bad and start making better tactical decisions. Hopefully over the next couple of weeks I'll stop being so goddamned awful that I may actually post in other threads without embarrassment over being more red than Heinz ketchup. 

psssh you haven't even played a t7 yet.  its all good.  At least for me the tigerP (first t7) was massive change point. 

Turn that self-deprecation into a drive to improve, keep learning from your mistakes and force yourself not to make them again, and you're already on the journey towards being good.

Best of luck.

Well the difference between you and worthless trash is that you're actually trying rather than denying.

Welcome, and good luck!

^ This. I agree with this 100%

When I had ~2k battles I was something like a 120 43%er, so there's hope for you! Heck, if I can pull dark green anyone can, you'll get better soon enough :thumbup:

(not even that bad right now, I'd say average, plus the fact that you want to improve puts you above the majority of the playerbase)

Good luck, you have all the tools to become purple right here on this website

well believe it or not your better than 40% of the player base atm (not saying much but you have passed the brain dead test)  and coming here early on (not even 3k battles) is a pretty good sign

there are plenty of useful threats about game mechanics/how not to be a potato as well as plenty of unicums to steal all your damage!

good luck with the vegetabling 

I'll stop being so goddamned awful

did someone say awful

I went from 200 wn8 38% wr to where I am now. You should have this done no problem. :)

I went from 200 wn8 38% wr to where I am now. You should have this done no problem. :)

38% is actually a bit impressive :)

Welcome to the forums, two months ago when I joined my stats were worse than yours and look where I am now.

Suggestions:

Read some guides, doesn't matter about what, read them. Read the scouting guide without having any scout tanks yourself because it will teach you where to expect scout tanks and how they play vision games.

Got a burning question you want to ask? Search the forums first, the guys on this forum while lovely people are only human and when they get the same question for the twentieth time they can be a little short, or not answer at all.

Other than that, gl hf!

Welcome, and the fact that your here has already begun your playstyle...

And the fact that your willing to learn is better than most of the player base already

Learn from these guys.. I wish I had got here at your battle count...

For me it was 11-12k... damm I sucked hard, still sorta do but thats another story...

2k battles is usually when u realize u like the game and want to stay.

From here on there are 3 options:

- You either deny yout way to 40k battles and become one of the toxic players out there

- You sit there and then end up being an average player fairly happy with his average results

- You strive to become better and better, eventually ending up owning your way out of the battlefield.

This is the first step for the 3rd path, welcome to wotlabs :)

<-- sealclubbed extensively and was bad at it for his first 3k games

i had green wr and orange wn8 :(

everyone here had to try and improve, many of us have been in your shoes sometime :)

there's a tonne of info and people that'll help here. 

Welcome!

- You either deny yout way to 40k battles and become one of the toxic players out there

- You sit there and then end up being an average player fairly happy with his average results

- You strive to become better and better, eventually ending up owning your way out of the battlefield.

One of the best posts about improving I've seen  :thumbup:

I had god-awful stats around the 2K mark. It wasn't until getting around tier 7 or 8, at that point the grinds become longer and you get better acquainted with tanks you're driving and what you're shooting at, where knowledge and experience starts coming in and you improve.

Here's some graphs of my stats. You see at 2.2k mark I had a 49% win rate, way below 1000 WN8 and pretty poor everything. Just try what I did, keep playing, watch and read about the game when you can and you'll see improvements. I'm not far off being a blue now, WN8 wise.

You might notice my stats have taken a little dip around the 7k mark. That's because a friend of mine has recently just joined WoT and I've been playing low-tier with him, and I loathe low tier. 

96f66001ecbd60e237136fef27291513.png

tl;dr: just keep going. With the attitude you've got you're bound to improve in no time.

A few little tips though

- Ping is pretty important. This isn't as fast paced as CoD or anything but a bad ping spike can make you frustratingly derp shots into walls. Happens to me a lot just make sure you exit anything like Steam.

- Mods can really help. They're not essential and many will tell you its best to learn the game vanilla first but mods like 'Effective penetration indicator', 'Effective armor (your tank) indicator', can help teach you weakspots and angling while playing. Take a look at the 'OMC Modpack', its what I use, its got loads just pick and chose what you want.

- Newbie guides are good, but also look at direct sources of tank info. Sites like: http://tanks.gg/en/wot which have 3D models of tanks so you can look at armor and hidden stats is just incredibly useful.

Edit: Also, watch some replays.

One of the best posts about improving I've seen  :thumbup:

I guess I was inspired :D

You only got 3k games in bro, keep trying, you'll be way better than you thought you could be in no time. Good luck.

Thanks for the warm welcomes all. 

I'm terrible, but improving gradually. Looking at my played tanks, I only have a handful I need to correct with win rates. I may grind them up to 50%, leave them so they are no longer dragging me down overall. 

Right now I'm working on getting at least one kill per match, and do at least my own HP in damage. 

Thanks for the warm welcomes all. 

I'm terrible, but improving gradually. Looking at my played tanks, I only have a handful I need to correct with win rates. I may grind them up to 50%, leave them so they are no longer dragging me down overall. 

Right now I'm working on getting at least one kill per match, and do at least my own HP in damage. 

Your purpose about dmg and kills is very nice, but try to play the tanks you enjoy more and have more fun with: there is no point in "fixing" the wr in some tanks, you may end up on the same wr with many more battles!

If you look at anyone's service record you'll easily recognize the starting tanks (if they are not tankgods like some of the ppl here). I kind of like to see them in the service record reminding me of the tomato I was :)

Yea, I am an advocate for using tanks that showcase your skill, the stats will accurately reflect what you are good at opposed to all the tanks you sucked at and tried to get better in.

Crap that is me!   I need to work on the 3rd path...