Ezz

So how far have we come? (Overall and botting)

State of the server issues (overall and botting)  

57 members have voted

1. 1. Do you feel the server as a whole has improved in the last year?

• Yes, it's better
    • No, it's got worse
    • About the same
  2. 2. Do you feel there are more bots compared to a year ago?

• Yes, more bots
    • No, less bots
    • About the same
  3. 3. Do you feel WG should do more to combat bots?

• Yes, they need to do more
    • No, what they are doing is fine
    • No, they should do less

PCCU is still~24-25k

so in around a couple of days, the highest PCCU recorded was 34k++

Is it due to the Victory day x5 special? don't think so? I don't remember seeing that much during the 3rd annivesary special which was a week before.

But i am seeing a lot of japanese tomato players lately....and they are worse than Viets most times.

The PCCU count discussion is an awkward one as we don't know the actual segmentation. The standard and rather convenient Tan Defencetm will no doubt be that we don't know the facts... No doubt the fact we all know quite a few people who no longer play is largely irrelevant if their PCCU is still up...

I voted less bots than before. I know a guy who aggressively botted up to t8 for 9 hrs each night while he slept and WG reset his account to default so i know their process can work.

Wg still need to do more, i think a mandatory recaptcha style prompt every 2 hrs in the garage to prove your human would be good

i think a mandatory recaptcha style prompt every 2 hrs in the garage to prove your human would be good

A bot would have ground out every single tier X about 10 times over in the time since that was first suggested. Sigh. They used the 'but it might not solve the problem completely' excuse for not doing anything.

My other thought on status quo is the player culture on SEA is more conservative/ patient/ turtlish; which breeds a lot of frustration in NA transferees and people of less patient cultures.

I transferred off NA about 11k battles ago and still regret it; ping was a trap and pubs less aggressive

so in around a couple of days, the highest PCCU recorded was 34k++

Is it due to the Victory day x5 special? don't think so? I don't remember seeing that much during the 3rd annivesary special which was a week before.

But i am seeing a lot of japanese tomato players lately....and they are worse than Viets most times.

End of the 60-day SU100Y special

Victory day special

New (and hyped) premium tanks

May special

The PCCU count discussion is an awkward one as we don't know the actual segmentation. The standard and rather convenient Tan Defencetm will no doubt be that we don't know the facts... No doubt the fact we all know quite a few people who no longer play is largely irrelevant if their PCCU is still up...

PCCU is a snapshot, and not that important by itself. It should be considered together with player churn and player retention. However each of these single metrics can be easily manipulated, so it's the actual trends over time that are reliable. Of course the dollar per player metric is perhaps the most important, but that requires a large non-paying server population to support it.

I voted less bots than before. I know a guy who aggressively botted up to t8 for 9 hrs each night while he slept and WG reset his account to default so i know their process can work.

Wg still need to do more, i think a mandatory recaptcha style prompt every 2 hrs in the garage to prove your human would be good

The key word being "aggressively". I'm certainly not encouraging it, but if one were to mix limited botting with actual play I suspect you wouldn't even be flagged for investigation. Such is the sad state of their system monitoring unfortunately, and the old maxim, "what you don't measure you can't control" clearly applies.

Prime time is now about 2 hours later than previously.

This is due to the popularity of this game in Japan.

However, the peak amount of players at the previous prime time is the same, if not 1-2k lower.

And since there is a rise of Japanese players, we can assume about ~2k play out of their prime time.

What does this tell us? Player retention across other nations is obviously quite low. While new players are currently higher since Japan has a steadily increasing playerbase.

What can we take from this? Japan is the only reason why no drastic measures (or any) have been taken to keep existing players happy on the ASIA server.

And when it finally happens any effor to appease the diminished old guard would be wasted, so they will focus on the recently acquired player base only.

There is no doubt that the player count has remained the same, possibly increased, but also no doubt that the composition of said playerbase has changed.  My friends list is lucky to have 10-15 on at once now, rather than being full of platoon options.

Just as an observation in pub battles, there are a lot of new clan names, lots of Japanese flags as well (if XVM is accurate- although Snowtrooper seems to be from Germany).  I actually feel like there is more coordination and aggression in pubs, and less numpties.  But maybe I've knocked my head, and my memory has gone a bit fuzzy after 9 months away from the game.  The other thing is that my expectations coming back were pretty low, given the amount of negativity on the forums in my time off.  It is possible my subconscious has set the bar so low that it seems like some sort of tanking paradise in comparison.

Bots are better than a good chunk of the pubbies anyway, they probably bring up the quality of games in mid-tiers.  The Japanese are a good addition to the server and are generally good quality, I just wish more of them could speak english (or I could speak Japanese).

Bots are better than a good chunk of the pubbies anyway, they probably bring up the quality of games in mid-tiers.  The Japanese are a good addition to the server and are generally good quality, I just wish more of them could speak english (or I could speak Japanese).

just say chin chin daisuki