Ezz

Poll 2 - illegal mods and cheating

Cheating, illegal mods etc.  

86 members have voted

1. 1. On the whole (CW, IMs, pubs) do you feel the conduct of players has improved in the last year?

• Yes, people are playing more in the spirit
    • No, there are more examples of playing against the spirit
    • About the same
  2. 2. Do you feel WG should do more to combat obvious breaches of 'spirit of the game'?

• Yes, they should do more
    • No, what they are doing is fine
    • No, they should do less
  3. 3. Do you feel more people are using cheat mods compared to a year ago?

• Yes, there are more cheats now
    • No, there are fewer cheats
    • About the same

Vietnamese clans no cheats confirmed, FLAPDACOC no more now ever1 just fighting for land and no more bigtalk about VPA hogging goldpots

breif summary of clan wars in SEA

waikinboom have a tendency of only showing up when campaigns are on and beg to get picked for free pixel tonks.

so not sure why he is even commenting on normal cws. 

Had a chat with someone in a training room the other day. He was telling about the modpack which his clan was using, and as we drove around map after map, looking at the new changes, he could tell when I was looking at him*, apparently even when I was not spotted. If this is the case, that's passive scouting negated. Which in my mind is just not.... .... .... cricket.

*I believe this is the laserlight thingy discussed up thread; yes?

Had a chat with someone in a training room the other day. He was telling about the modpack which his clan was using, and as we drove around map after map, looking at the new changes, he could tell when I was looking at him*, apparently even when I was not spotted. If this is the case, that's passive scouting negated. Which in my mind is just not.... .... .... cricket.

No. Laserlight only works when the enemy tank is spotted and the tank model gets displayed.

There is another one that effectively does a similar thing as 6th Sense which is what that sounds like. Not sure how it works since presumably that information shouldn't be sent to the client, but probably in a similar fashion to the received damage announcer for unspotted tanks.

o.0 which clam? Name and shame plz. (Or he could have had a friend behind your curtain with a walky talky.

The funny thing is you'll still get people defending those from poorer countries by claiming they couldn't afford Warpack, despite stuff like the above being available for free.

Gotta admit though, illegal mods in WoT are relatively tame as compared to what I see from Crossfire (think Counterstrike Online).

I still don't understand why certain mods can still carry on, or why certain mods are illegal. WG could do it, as for example the MM tiering mod that lets you be top-tier significantly more often; WG stopped that by blocking data flow on tier composition.

I imagine the laser mod and zoom-out can by countered (to an extent) by not sending the client data on gun direction if the tank is not being spotted nor within line-of-sight. There would probably be some delay for the brawls though like the delay in spotting checks.

The red dot counterbattery mod kinda gives us back counterbattery ability that we lost from the tracers for example, why isn't it legal?

Gotta admit though, illegal mods in WoT are relatively tame as compared to what I see from Crossfire (think Counterstrike Online).

I still don't understand why certain mods can still carry on, or why certain mods are illegal. WG could do it, as for example the MM tiering mod that lets you be top-tier significantly more often; WG stopped that by blocking data flow on tier composition.

I imagine the laser mod and zoom-out can by countered (to an extent) by not sending the client data on gun direction if the tank is not being spotted nor within line-of-sight. There would probably be some delay for the brawls though like the delay in spotting checks.

The red dot counterbattery mod kinda gives us back counterbattery ability that we lost from the tracers for example, why isn't it legal?

Yeah there isn't proper autoheadshot and proper ESP so it could be worse. Superfast autoaim minigun heavy in TF2 is also pretty bad, try hitting a heavy that's killing you and moving as fast as a scout.

For the arty, knowing where the enemy are likely to be for counterbattery was meant to be a skill thing, so removing that would be a game design change which they are generally unwilling to do. I think it's a reasonably good idea to actually implement properly though. Other stuff requires extra processing and possibly weird popup graphics.

One thing they could easily do away with is the 6th sense mod and who shot me mods. The game client doesn't need to know if somebody is aiming at them or even who shot them beyond the amount of damage done. Programming shortcuts are probably to blame.