StahlJager

~500k Gold stolen from OTTER's Treasury

Morguia, yes but they were shown in court and the company got buried even worse.  I see this all the time, "Yes your client died because of our negligence but his wife didn't like him anyway so no loss of consortium claim" 

The best I have heard from an insurance company yet "since the kids were not at the accident scene they couldn't possibly have been traumatized by the loss of their father."

Second place "The kids didn't even live with the deceased, how close could they be?"   "Well, my client was divorced, they lived with their mother, and the court ordered visitation schedule is overnights and every other weekend plus split holidays.  If you want to try your argument, go ahead."

Because it isn't payment, its pixels in a game.

Your logic is fucking terrible and you should feel bad.  Specifically, it's circular.

Options can and will evolve into forced limitations, if I may quote myself from the top.

Especially after what happened to Otter, any top 20 clan who doesn't enforce these limitations when its introduced will be slammed by their opponent as irresponsible.

the trade off is security for shaming

Not like they can be shamed right back for spending 20 hours a day playing lawyer sim or numerous other insults.

There is no perfect system just trade offs.

Options can and will evolve into forced limitations, if I may quote myself from the top.

Especially after what happened to Otter, any top 20 clan who doesn't enforce these limitations when its introduced will be slammed by their opponent as irresponsible.

I will defer to your knowledge of inter-clan politics, I have no idea about any of it, but it just seems like a shame to limit possible functionality improvements because other people might say mean things about what a commander chooses to do

I noticed vonluckner in the thread for a few hours today...honestly wonder what he thinks about his actions.

I mean does the fact that your a dishonest thief even bother you or are you just narcissistic. I would think that taking something from people that may have considered you a friend would have some impact on your self image...I mean you cant possible look in the mirror and think you are a good person.

Oh, it may sound like im advocating against implementing these limitations, im not.

Im just giving you a glimpse of what will probably happen if they are introduced from someone who has past experiences.

Anyone remember the notorious MLP theft?

Forgot 

Btw was it just Voth or was there more to it, thought i remember reading Friction also having part to do with it but im retarded and it was a long time ago so.. 

Oh, it may sound like im advocating against implementing these limitations, im not.

Im just giving you a glimpse of what will probably happen if they are introduced from someone who has past experiences.

I just figured it was devil's advocate.

I don't exactly argue against that, it certain will help this situation if there were more limitations to what an officer do.

I stand by my statement. Maybe some people feel better thinking they spend all this time 'working' for there 'valuable' gold, when in fact it isn't that much different from any other fake in-game money. The money you give to WG (if you do such a thing) is valuable because the U.S. treasury and the federal reserve says U.S. dollars is worth something. No such doctrine exists for the pixel winnings you garner, despite your feels telling you differently.

As I stated previously, laws haven't quite caught up in the data vs property area but is gradually doing so. However using legal tender to compare to what isn't as an argument for there being no value for something is absurd simply because the vast majority of property, like cars, is not legal tender and yet still retains a monetary value. Further still a bulk of your argument has also been around incredulity - that you don't see something with 1s and 0s as possibly having a monetary value when games, music and videos are infact a bunch of 1s and 0s as yet another example.  About the strongest argument has been in reference to fake in-game money systems which is only a new argument from you and still not entirely one which would necessarily work to remove any value from it. This heavily depends on jurisdiction. fuck it though, I'll give an example that you are in fact wrong:

http://public.leginfo.state.ny.us/navigate.cgi

Go up top to laws, laws of new york then scroll to penal.

§ 155.00 Larceny; definitions of terms.

The following definitions are applicable to this title:

1. "Property" means any money, personal property, real property,

computer data, computer program, thing in action, evidence of debt or

contract, or any article, substance or thing of value, including any

gas, steam, water or electricity, which is provided for a charge or

compensation.

2. "Obtain" includes, but is not limited to, the bringing about of a

transfer or purported transfer of property or of a legal interest

therein, whether to the obtainer or another.

3. "Deprive." To "deprive" another of property means (a) to withhold

it or cause it to be withheld from him permanently or for so extended a

period or under such circumstances that the major portion of its

economic value or benefit is lost to him, or (b) to dispose of the

property in such manner or under such circumstances as to render it

unlikely that an owner will recover such property.

§ 155.05 Larceny; defined.

1. A person steals property and commits larceny when, with intent to

deprive another of property or to appropriate the same to himself or to

a third person, he wrongfully takes, obtains or withholds such property

from an owner thereof.

§ 155.20 Larceny; value of stolen property.

For the purposes of this title, the value of property shall be

ascertained as follows:

1. Except as otherwise specified in this section, value means the

market value of the property at the time and place of the crime, or if

such cannot be satisfactorily ascertained, the cost of replacement of

the property within a reasonable time after the crime.

2. Whether or not they have been issued or delivered, certain written

instruments, not including those having a readily ascertainable market

value such as some public and corporate bonds and securities, shall be

evaluated as follows:

(a) The value of an instrument constituting an evidence of debt, such

as a check, draft or promissory note, shall be deemed the amount due or

collectable thereon or thereby, such figure ordinarily being the face

amount of the indebtedness less any portion thereof which has been

satisfied.

(b) The value of a ticket or equivalent instrument which evidences a

right to receive a transportation, entertainment or other service shall

be deemed the price stated thereon, if any; and if no price is stated

thereon the value shall be deemed the price of such ticket or equivalent

instrument which the issuer charges the general public.

© The value of any other instrument which creates, releases,

discharges or otherwise affects any valuable legal right, privilege or

obligation shall be deemed the greatest amount of economic loss which

the owner of the instrument might reasonably suffer by virtue of the

loss of the instrument.

3. Where the property consists of gas, steam, water or electricity,

which is provided for charge or compensation, the value shall be the

value of the property stolen in any consecutive twelve-month period.

4. When the value of property cannot be satisfactorily ascertained

pursuant to the standards set forth in subdivisions one and two of this

section, its value shall be deemed to be an amount less than two hundred

fifty dollars.

That you personally do not think 1s and 0s should have a value, can have a value or otherwise deserve one is moot. Depending on jurisdiction legally they can have value in the legal system and do hold value so far as consumer demand.

Edited by MetGreDKo

I will defer to your knowledge of inter-clan politics, I have no idea about any of it, but it just seems like a shame to limit possible functionality improvements because other people might say mean things about what a commander chooses to do

CrD is kind of like highschool girls, if everyone says you have herpes because you dress/act differently, then you definitely have herpes, opinions becomes fact in a rather comical way

I doubt that stuff would get much traction politically.  I mean, no one has used Loz's constant & admitted embezzlement against him successfully yet.  Someone in EG got laughed at once, briefly, for keeping everyone at recruit, but that's the only example I can think of of what you're talking about with regards to administrative stuff becoming a cudgel.

I doubt that stuff would get much traction politically.  I mean, no one has used Loz's constant & admitted embezzlement against him successfully yet.  Someone in EG got laughed at once, briefly, for keeping everyone at recruit, but that's the only example I can think of of what you're talking about.

Well, i'm betting my 5 bucks that REL_O will be forced to put on the full-body shackle as soon as this is introduced even if their leadership don't want to.

Loz takes from the bank, but thats after making sure everyone else takes the share, there is a sense of security in the fact that shit gets done, but who isn't scare of suddenly losing your entire bank?

Because our gubmentz and military tell us and the world its werf stuff....

I hate our monetary system and the federal reserve with a passion.

Perhaps that is my point altogether.... Or maybe I argue because I am stubborn, who knows, this is the interwebz after all.

You should probably re read that Econ 101 book one of these days. 

I'm mostly out of the loop in terms of most all of the CW/competitive scene in WoT. The only thing I knew of Tioga is that I once saw him platoon with SixShock. SixShock, I know from personal experience, is the biggest piece of shit on planet earth. If I saw him face to face, I would consider stabbing him... I wouldn't do it, but I would consider it! That's saying a lot, because the only person I would ever stab is Hitler, if I somehow got the chance. So SixShock is basically the #2 worst person to ever live, right behind Hitler.

What were we talking about again? Oh right, Tioga is a fucking chodesucker and so is his piece of shit crony SixShock. And Vonlucker too, I guess.

To everyone aiming pitchforks at PLSGO:

PLSGO is a /vg/ (4chan) clan; most of them are fond of trolling, or "funposting" as they call it nowadays. Tioga060 just happens to be a former PLSGO member that was respected when we were in PetCo TS because he also was a massive shitposter even when he joined OTTER and became DC.

Of course NOT.  It's just the funposting army taking advantage of the situation and using it as fuel for their trolling necessities. mostly as a payback for the whole PetCo TS drama, where Allurai blamed PLSGO officers of banning other TS residents (never knew the whole truth of the whole thing, or if that was the cause, to be honest)

PLSGO is NOT responsible for what tioga060 and vonluckner did.

Edited by ThunderDick

ITT: E-lawyers

ITT: Someone whose job is actually criminal complaints

To everyone aiming pitchforks at PLSGO:

PLSGO is a /vg/ (4chan) clan; most of them are fond of trolling, or "funposting" as they call it nowadays. Tioga060 just happens to be a former PLSGO member that was respected when we were in PetCo TS because he also was a massive shitposter even when he joined OTTER and became DC.

Of course NOT.  It's just the funposting army taking advantage of the situation and using it as fuel for their trolling necessities. mostly as a payback for the whole PetCo TS drama, where Allurai blamed PLSGO officers of banning other TS residents (never knew the whole truth of the whole thing, or if that was the cause, to be honest)

TL;DR - PLSGO are retard sperging mr sexiis and occasionally someone is dumb enough to not permashun someone associated with them.

You should probably re read that Econ 101 book one of these days. 

Thank you, perhaps you can as well, upon completion of your women's studies bachelor's degree.

You give up, got it.

I guess I fell for the bait.  8/8 you got tons of srs replies.  Personally I think the denying stat deniers thing should extend to logic and/or law denying, especially the logic part.

I guess I fell for the bait.  8/8 you got tons of srs replies.  Personally I think the denying stat deniers thing should extend to logic and/or law denying especially the logic part.

:smallsmile:

Thank you, perhaps you can as well, upon completion of your women's studies bachelor's degree.

Women's studies does sound interesting, but alas I settled on economics for my first undergrad degree. 

Women's studies does sound interesting, but alas I settled on economics for my first undergrad degree. 

I am somewhat interested in economics, I don't pretend to know a lot, but I do prefer some libertarian scholar's  :-)