the_bolshevik

Good dog! The Rudy thread

The 122S got me through TD 15 on stug level. It's sort of like a IS-122-44 but the crew is 0 skill BIA. I have face hugged King Tigers with it and came out victorious... I am not really a TD player but this thing makes me add a "Yet" to that statement. 

Rudy has surpassed Type 64 and AMX 50100 and is now my most played SH tank (200+ battles).  Type 64 makes better credits/dam though, and is superior at getting clean up damage.  

Got my Obj 140 crew through the 3rd skill and into the 4th.  

On 10/6/2015, 8:40:01, Statpadderer said:

You actually play Rudy in SH?

I always thought that´s what the Bromwell was made for :)....

It's fast enough, but not as much fun as cromwell or Type 64.  Nothing wrong with it though.  Better at breaking camps too.  

---

If you missed it, the Rudy will be on sale ($19, including berlin crew) again on December 9th only (NA server)
http://worldoftanks.com/en/news/pc-browser/22/december-2015/

now it's on discount on 20 euro price in EU calendar, someone pls clarify for me, is it worth it? Or should I wait for the cromwell b? 

I've read the full thread, it seems a somewhat decent tank, I'm just more like into the faster relocating, high dpm tanks, but 4,75 seems good also.

Armorwise I assume its a little more reliable in tier 6-7 than other prems which has no armor whatsoever. I want to spend money on only 1 tank, but it's hard to decide now..:party:

I have both Rudy and Bromwell, both are excellent and worth the money.

I have both the Rudy and the Bromwell but I have only played the Rudy in OP platoons and now my stats are sooooo high I daren't play it because in those 3 or 4 games it's sooo nice to have a purple tank and I don't want to wreck that... The Bromwell is really nice though...

I am actually tempted to buy ANOTHER Rudy because I will receive the gold value and another Russo med crew with 100% BIA... I have ~20 hours left to think about this... it's pretty tricky. These crews though... sooo frigging OP.

On 10/6/2015, 9:40:01, Statpadderer said:

You actually play Rudy in SH?

I always thought that´s what the Bromwell was made for :)....

I have both and have used both in SH. I settled on the Rudy as my main stronking ride as it consistently makes me more credits. The reason for this is simple. The Rudy rarely misses shots. Additionally, if the other team puts up a Type 64 loaded fastbois comp (something getting rarer in the post O-I era), I can load up all HE and greatly raise my DPM. With the O-I camping strats now regularly encountered, I have also found the Rudy to be the backbone of our team's O-I killing needs.

On 9/2/2015, 1:31:37, RollerCoaster47 said:

I would highly encourage anyone willing to spend the cash to get that package.  I got all four of them and the only one I didn't care for and eventually sold was the 122S, which you guys don't have to worry about since it's not in that particular offer.  All three of them are great tanks and good crew trainers.  Also, they all come with BIA crews that just like the girl crews, train faster.  I bought the Berlin package when it was offered here on NA and already have three of the crews given to me in their 4th skill now (Cromwell Berlin crew, Rudy crew and IS-2 crew).

On 9/2/2015, 1:58:52, Golem501 said:

The 122S got me through TD 15 on stug level. It's sort of like a IS-122-44 but the crew is 0 skill BIA. I have face hugged King Tigers with it and came out victorious... I am not really a TD player but this thing makes me add a "Yet" to that statement. 

Hold up. So the Rudy crew has a built in BIA as the 0th crew skill (like the female crew)? with the 2nd training as though it was a first, and so on? If so, I'm throwing them on my Obj 430 instead of the other way around...

3 hours ago, HLS30 said:

Hold up. So the Rudy crew has a built in BIA as the 0th crew skill (like the female crew)? with the 2nd training as though it was a first, and so on? If so, I'm throwing them on my Obj 430 instead of the other way around...

Yeah all the Berlin tanks come with a crew with build in BIA as 0th crew skill but with 0% in the next skill (unlike female crews).
They do train up quickly though, I actually put 6th on some as first skill because it trains to 100% so fast anyway.

Similar for the Bromwell, ISU-122S and IS-2

Guys,

the Rudy is still in the shop today and says 1 day to go...so Woof, Woof

Dear Burn_e_Sanders!

Thank you for your purchase in the the Wargaming.net Premium Shop.  The items you purchased have been transferred to the account Burn_e_Sanders and are available in the game. 

Purchase information:

Bundle you purchased: "On Rudolph!"
Bundle cost: 25.78 CAD
Order number: 33f8ad9e9f
Transaction ID: 091e7784-afb
Payment method: Undefined
Date and time of purchase: 2015-12-10 15:54:35 UTC

Best regards,
Wargaming.net Premium Shop Team
https://na.wargaming.net/shop/
7 hours ago, Golem501 said:

Yeah all the Berlin tanks come with a crew with build in BIA as 0th crew skill but with 0% in the next skill (unlike female crews).
They do train up quickly though, I actually put 6th on some as first skill because it trains to 100% so fast anyway.

Similar for the Bromwell, ISU-122S and IS-2

Ugh. Can't believe I didn't realize how fast my radioman on the Bromwell was leveling. Atleast I only wasted about 50 games on the bromwell, and 4 with the Rudy.

12 hours ago, HLS30 said:

Ugh. Can't believe I didn't realize how fast my radioman on the Bromwell was leveling. Atleast I only wasted about 50 games on the bromwell, and 4 with the Rudy.

I actually bought another Rudy when it was on EU... I got the gold value... AND another crew. I didn't have very decent Russo Med crews anyway... 
I went and put the IS-2 crew on the T10 because I lost that crew to the IS-7... all in all these crews are brilliant.

Just now, KingYoshiLuca said:

or a frog :serb: 

:hb:

Now I could call it FeelsBirthdayMan on its birthday.

Now back to the Rudy, one of the better tanks at this tier, surprisingly enough it's an awesome one as well for a prem. How are randoms in it? I've only really played SHs with it. :doge: