MntRunner

9.8 Individual Mission Changes

You can find the changes to the Individual Mission requirements on this website. Data was mined from the 9.8 test, You can also switch between 9.7 and 9.8 to see the differences.

http://test.tanks.gg/en/wot/missions

Some things to note:

• Fire requirements haven't changed
  • Platoons are not required anymore
  • Cap missions now count defending points.
  • Your own damage now counts for some of the light tank missions

One other big thing I noticed:

Several missions that required platooning with specific tanks are now open.  So, for example, no more need for a light tank platoon.  Just your light, plus 1-2 other tanks of choice.

Ye, I jumped on CT today and looked at those mission... they look so much easier now, at least the ones im still missing that I'm sure, when they hit live server like this, I'll be done with the missions I want to do in less than 2hrs.

They also reduced the needed amount for HT-15, TD-15, heck even MT15 only needs to dmg TDs now instead of greedy  killing them.

regards

They also reduced the needed amount for HT-15, TD-15, heck even MT15 only needs to dmg TDs now instead of greedy killing them.

I just looked at the T-55a missions, but those look like they didn't change...

Edit: I see that MT-15 did change for the Object 260. Is it just me, or does doing 4,000 damage to TDs sound harder than 4 kills? You basically have to kill 2+ tier 10's solo. It's not really feasible at tier 6 anymore.

• Platoons are not required anymore
  • Your own damage now counts for some of the light tank missions

You sure about this one? Because... that's huge. Means I might actually be able to eventually get my Stug and T28C despite overwhelming distaste for platooning.

Finally l can do the missions alone and not worry if my platoon mate did as much dmg or kills or whatever needed for the mission. :)

You sure about this one? Because... that's huge. Means I might actually be able to eventually get my Stug and T28C despite overwhelming distaste for platooning.

Yes.  It's just harder to complete on your own. This is what it says in the mission.

"Can be completed either on your own or as part of a Platoon consisting of your light tank and any other vehicles."

Yes.  It's just harder to complete on your own. This is what it says in the mission.

"Can be completed either on your own or as part of a Platoon consisting of your light tank and any other vehicles."

I'd say any mission that changes from tooned to solo would be EASIER for me, because or some reason, whenever I platoon I activate Full Retard mode. See my abysmal E3 stats (extremely low sample size though)? That's from trying to platoon for the first Stug TD mission that required platooning. I ended up doing it on SU-122-44 instead eventually, but even that performed horribly when I was platooned.

that spg mission 10times than hitpoint of ur tanks...

what actual fck 260 mission

Interesting..

MT15.4 seems even more difficult now.

MT15 fck...!!!

current destroy 4 TD

and cause 3k

changes into

cause 4k to TD

secondary survive + win

that spg mission 10times than hitpoint of ur tanks...

what actual fck 260 mission

That seems nicer than "detrack 4 enemies, which are then destroyed by your allies or commit suicide".

At least you can brute force your way to it with a good game by trying to play well.  The detrack missions encourage you to almost hit, and then pray that they don't use a repair kit.  

Also, you see people get gore's medals (10 times your HP in an SPG) from time to time, so it isn't completely bonkers.

10x games aren't that rare in a CGC.

^This, but I've also had 2 Gore's medals in my GW Tiger (P) with the 21cm Mauser cannon, so if a crap arty like that can do it, it should be achievable to more people.

missions with deal x dmg or put a tank on fire as perfect fine, just play and you will eventually get them.

Its crap like:

- detrack 4 enemys

- spot 2k dmg while not beiign detected (ghost mission)

- kill 4 TDs

- etc

Which are pure c***** since they force you to play like an idiot to get them, a missioncan be RNG, thats not problem, but it shouldnt force you to play like an idiot to get it...

Some missions stayed the same but now are different number..  I mean set on fire is now MT12.

Since i have MT12 already completed... Well i dont expect to magicly have The incinerator completed after 9.8 because of this, but its gonna make a bit of a mess me thinks.

Overall i like these changes.. I just think some missions didnt really need replacement and other that did remain unchanged.

Isnt it easier to spot 7k with light than to do 8k with td?

I dont have tier X td yet but in this meta they dont seem to really shine and i expect to wait for that one battle for quite some time.

Damn, it'd be awesome if there was a side-by-side comparison...

At the top of the website, there is a link to switch between 9.8 and 9.7. So even though it's not side by side you can quickly see the differences.

Why in the world would you not change the absolutely idiotic HT-12 mission which literally forces you to stop shooting at your enemies, so they can bounce more damage of you? It is the most rage inducing thing this game has ever done to me.

Why in the world would you not change the absolutely idiotic HT-12 mission which literally forces you to stop shooting at your enemies, so they can bounce more damage of you? It is the most rage inducing thing this game has ever done to me.

One of the best missions for WG of course, since you need specific tanks for that.. And that means some people will convert xp and that means monies.. Which is what missions are all about =)

I just got a chance to look through the modified missions.  I'm pretty excited!  I'd say half of the few missions I have left for the T-55A got significantly easier to accomplish so I'll probably wait for the patch to continue working on the missions.

Changes to light tank mission really look good.  Spotting damage is awful to get in this game now so seeing the numbers reduced or your damage added in is huge.

Changes to platoon missions also look really good.  Not requiring platoon mates in specific tanks is a great move.  The light tank ones in particular should get a lot easier because of this.  Heck, 

Unfortunately some of the "Kill X tanks of Y type Z tiers higher" still exist.  Those ones are a serious pain once you need 3 or 4 of a type or a certain number of tiers higher.  Looks like some have changed though - MT-8 went from "Kill 2 mediums +1 tier" to "Kill a medium tank and cause 6 damaging shots to mediums" which is worlds better.

The missions for arty will be way easier. I still have to decide if it is easier to do 6k spot or 7k spot+damage