Sign in to follow this  
Zythalin

Theorycrafting: a harsh prem shell limit.

Assume minimal prem usage (capped at 6 shells), what would change in this list?

Basic "best in tier" current (pub winrate)

X

Heavy: E100/IS7/50B

Med: 140/STB/bat

TD: E3

IX

H: E75/STI

M: T54/E50

T: 704

VIII

H: IS3/50100

M: 416/69/persh

T: rhm/ISU/JP2

LT: RU/T54lw/1390

VII

H: Tiger/T29

M: T-34-1/T20/Comet

T: SU12244

LT: Bull

VI

H: All apart from Brit.

M: 34-85/Crom

T: SU100/hell

LT: T37

I am thinking that the T6/7 American Lights would remain the top of their class. Some of the other lights or meds would probably suffer significantly (on the other hand, the armor of some of the meds might actually become more viable), while most heavies and TDs would remain powerful. I could be wrong, though, and there would probably be some exceptions.

Now that I am thinking about this, the Germans and the Brits would gain a lot from this.

I think it is worth pointing out that Autoloaders vary from tank to tank as to how many shells their clip can hold (50B/57 Heavy with 4, B-C with 5, Lorraine/ 50 100 have 6, 13 57F has 8, etc). Setting a limit to the exact number of shells could force some tanks to have awkward loadouts...

It also looks like the tanks (at least tier 9/10) with the highest WR tend to have decent/usable armor (with some exceptions). Reducing the premium ammo available might make these tanks even more successful.

Just my .02

I think it is worth pointing out that Autoloaders vary from tank to tank as to how many shells their clip can hold (50B/57 Heavy with 4, B-C with 5, Lorraine/ 50 100 have 6, 13 57F has 8, etc). Setting a limit to the exact number of shells could force some tanks to have awkward loadouts...

For the sake of the thread, assume all autoloaders get a single prem clip.

I doubt War Gaming would limit the amount of gold rounds you could take in a tank.  They most likely won't listen to only 1 server that is continuously bitching about gold rounds, no matter how many shitty popular pubbie streamers they have

On top of that, unicums and great players will still beat the living shit out of pubbies with or without gold rounds, and pubbies will still wonder how it is happening.........

That said, IF the inexplicable happens.....the E100, IS7 will officially plumet.  IS7 less so than the E100

I doubt War Gaming would limit the amount of gold rounds you could take in a tank.  They most likely won't listen to only 1 server that is continuously bitching about gold rounds, no matter how many shitty popular pubbie streamers they have

I don't consider it likely, It seemed a decent topic for a "what if" thread.

Slow armored tanks from tier 5-8 would undergo an interesting change.

When top tier, they could potentially become overpowered.  Less tanks would be able to deal with them, and they would still maintain the pen necessary to wreck their competition.

But as bottom tier, their armor is less meaningful, and now they will struggle to pen the heavies they are matched against.  They could become painful to play. 

Premium ammo evens out both of these extremes.