Sgt. Pepper

Tiger 2 - the harder and slower Tiger 1

On 9/5/2019 at 10:57 PM, Oicraftian said:

Tiger II has long needed a buff. 900 HP engine is perfect for the tank. Gotta go fast(er)

Plus, its turret armor is just too unreliable for it to be a proper heavy. Pushing it into something like 200mm pen resistant territory (200mm face, 100mm cheeks) is a good idea I think. Replace the 105 L/52 (ahistorical) with a (fictional) turret with slightly more armor.

The roof is left to be overmatched by IS-3 to balance that out.

I said I would try to 2-mark it but gave that up too. The only thing it has is a decent gun. Everything else is utter garbage. 
Some ppl take the sport in mastering the most shitty tanks but its not just that. Its the meta, and specially the maps.
I mean cmon-Sdudzianki, Minsk, glacier, the chinese wall. I complained about Serb too much, I realize.
How is it possible to sink so low, developers??

So with the armor and gun buffs...

• Alpha from 320 to 360
  • UFP to 160 from 150
  • Turret front sides to 120mm from 80mm
  • Roof from 40mm to 50mm.
  • Turret front from 185mm to 245mm
  • And a nerf in the form of a weaker top cupola (top part of cupola is now 70mm instead of 150mm) though seemingly with angle changes.

Might this tank actually be decent now?  On level ground, it's fairly resistance from the front (not including lower plate) to the ~225mm pen 122mm's, whereas before it was like butter.

6 hours ago, Ogopogo said:

So with the armor and gun buffs...

• Alpha from 320 to 360
  • UFP to 160 from 150
  • Turret front sides to 120mm from 80mm
  • Roof from 40mm to 50mm.
  • Turret front from 185mm to 245mm
  • And a nerf in the form of a weaker top cupola (top part of cupola is now 70mm instead of 150mm) though seemingly with angle changes.

Might this tank actually be decent now?  On level ground, it's fairly resistance from the front (not including lower plate) to the ~225mm pen 122mm's, whereas before it was like butter.

Haven't played it myself, but I can say it's very, very solid. Basically, if you want to kill a Tiger II you will take return damage and if it's a good player, you'll find that it's quite a lot of return damage. Unlike stuff like the Caern and other more recent additions to the game, it's got an excellent gold round, and the DPM is actually top notch, just shy of the Renegade at 2.6-2.7K when fully kitted out. It's still far from being as resistant as the Lowe, but with that gun it becomes a very credible threat even to armoured tier 9s. I'd even go as far as to say that it's on par with the good tier 8 prems, i.e. tier 8.5 material.

Plus the armour buffs also make it a hilarious bully. 

Well... glad to say that so many years after my rant on the official forums against the Tiger 2, people have finally acknowledged that it was severely lacking in so many categories - and that WG FINALLY took the steps in fixing it.
That 360 alpha feels like it's packing a punch, especially when tracking people around corners... also, having a turret that isn't lolpenned by everything feels like a godsent

Got about 20 battles in this now.

Its just not good at anything. Its too slow, too easily ignored via prem or even AP, cant push, cant hold a flank, cant outplay anything. Even facing tier7 heavies it wins purely due to DPM and HP advantage. The gun stats on paper are phenomenal for a tier8 heavy but in practice you wont really notice a difference between it and any other HT unless it has Bisonte soft stats. Your only hope of a good game is going where the most enemies are because you will not be able to reposition, but you also get wrecked super easily so you play this fine line between aggression and bitch. Overall you have slightly above 0 control over the match.

The roof and upper plate buffs are noticeable, but I have yet to bounce anything with the turret face. 245 flat is at that point where tier9-10 AP will go through and tier7-8 prem has zero issues.

It's still a very un-fun tank to play imo. The buffs raised a very low bar. Gonna run some matches with pure APCR to see if that changes anything

1 hour ago, SchnitzelTruck said:

Got about 20 battles in this now.

Its just not good at anything. Its too slow, too easily ignored via prem or even AP, cant push, cant hold a flank, cant outplay anything. Even facing tier7 heavies it wins purely due to DPM and HP advantage. The gun stats on paper are phenomenal for a tier8 heavy but in practice you wont really notice a difference between it and any other HT. Your only hope of a good game is going where the most enemies are because you will not be able to reposition, but you also get wrecked super easily so you play this fine line between aggression and bitch.

The roof and upper plate buffs are noticeable, but I have yet to bounce anything with the turret face. 245 flat is at that point where tier9-10 AP will go through and tier7-8 prem has zero issues.

It's still a very un-fun tank to play imo. The buffs raised a very low bar. Gonna run some matches with pure APCR to see if that changes anything

No need to play a fine line between aggression and bitch: bitch 24/7 + full APCR is the way to go. At ~400m, most tier 8 guns will not have the accuracy to hit your weakspots, nor the pen to drill through your UFP/turret. In turn, you can just click at 90% of tanks you see and lolpen them.

The turret face buffs are just there to fuck over things with low gold pen. In practice you'll be sidescraping and poking just like prebuff.

The problem with playing like a bitch, though, is that the tank is too slow to flex and chase damage, so that hardcaps your farm potential as compared to faster tanks like the 75TS/Rene.

Playstyle wise it's kind of comparable to the Rene but you're slower and can't poke stupidly. As with that tank you have no business being closer than 300m from the frontlines unless you're sure their heavies/meds are trash. At those ranges both tanks are hard to bleed and good at bleeding, so do that instead of manfighting whatever stupid prem heavy is humping the brawling corner.

3 marked it at 41 games. Second session was 12 games at 3.2k dpg and 900 assist.

Definitely still think its a total bastard to play efficiently, but at least you can pen stuff!