deepgift

I prefer the 110 to the IS-3 but can understand why the IS-3 has some armor advantages. The armor on the 110 is harder to use and that lower plate.... But the much better gun handling makes the 110 better in my mind.

And Okeano's post makes me feel inadequate to play the 110...

Played 2 games with the 100mm now.. it's massively better than the 122. With the 122 I was always bouncing and other people were stealing kills, adding that into the slow re-load was making it a very average experience - I'm actually looking forward to playing this tank through to the tier 9 now, whereas before I was dreading it.

The 110 is amazing if you can hide the LFP or shuffle so rounds to into the UFP, that shit bounces everything it seems like. The only disadvantages to this tank are that the sides arn't super lawl spaced armor like the IS-3 is. Overall I think the IS-3 might be better armored just  because of those sides, but it's a close match.

Hunting WGA last night, commander called for IS-3s, I showed up in my 110. The antique Soviet pretenders to my throne stood no chance.

qVIHe4P.jpg

It was really enjoyable watching a T69 skip an entire drum off my glacis at 15 meters in Siegfried Line city.

It was really enjoyable watching a T69 skip an entire drum off my glacis at 15 meters in Siegfried Line city.

You mean the esteemed Hypnotik?

Good tank, can't seem to average much damage in it though. Was one of my worst recent performers in that regard, only 2050 DPG. Seems to be useful outside of damage farming, though.

Yep I agree, the alpha and aim time doesn't help with damage farming at all.

It's more of a "team player tank" in my eyes

Why? Worst tier 8 gun on all heavies. Even t32 has better gun. Gun shoots everywhere but middle, ap shell velocity is terrible, aimtime is tragic , alpha is mediocre. If u dont aim fully for 5+ seconds u miss 99%. 100mm caliber means lot of BS bounces because low normalization and no overmatches. Good chassis doesnt save a tank that has no gun at all.  It has good armor, but i also prefer to hit enemy sometimes.

If there wasnt panther 2 and su101, this would prob take top spot for most useless t8 tank on my list.

What makes it worse than the T32's gun? The 110's has better DPM, better accuracy, and better pen; the T32 just aims faster. Other than that I can attest to the gun being sort of bleck. No gun depression and longish aimtime means that you really can't get that gun in play in anything but a straight shootout. I do think its better than you give it credit for, though. If you can actually aim at your targets, your gun is fairly good. When you combine that with the good hull and turret, you've got the makings of a great breakthrough tank. Its sort of like a IS-6 in that way, except not quite as good because of the stupid side armor and lack of alpha.

I will never forget running into one of these while driving the T110E3.  Ended up in a facehug which didn't concern me much although I was unfamiliar with the tank and its weak spots.  Loaded sprem and still managed to bounce two rounds off its upper plate somewhere.

I probably should had just aimed for the middle of the damn mantlet!

What makes it worse than the T32's gun? The 110's has better DPM, better accuracy, and better pen; the T32 just aims faster. Other than that I can attest to the gun being sort of bleck. No gun depression and longish aimtime means that you really can't get that gun in play in anything but a straight shootout. I do think its better than you give it credit for, though. If you can actually aim at your targets, your gun is fairly good. When you combine that with the good hull and turret, you've got the makings of a great breakthrough tank. Its sort of like a IS-6 in that way, except not quite as good because of the stupid side armor and lack of alpha.

T32 gun aims faster, is more accurate in practice and has faster ap shell. No competition. And because of low caliber this gun doesnt feel like 215 pen anyway. Sold it again anyway, not in mood to play useless tanks.

It's far from useless...

Good argument :)

Edit: lets compare to is3. IS3 can climb hills faster than snail because better HP/t, has worse front armor but much better sides, has million times better gun. A gun that actually shots where you aim aside having better alpha.

Your conspiracy theories about it having different shot distribution than other tanks are amusing, but not particularly worth listening to. Furthermore, your assertion that the IS-3 has superior mobility due solely to power/weight is disingenuous. Terrain resistance is a thing, and the 110 has ~22% better values for average terrain (you know, the stuff that makes up the vast majority of what you drive on in the game). If we're talking about Himmelsdorf hill you might have something, but consider Malinvoka hill and the equation is wildly different.

For some reason the "awful" shell velocity of 950 m/s is notable for the 110, yet the T32's 105mm at 945 m/s isn't, or the 4502 A's 950 m/s? Surely you're not suggesting the 0.043 seconds (something like one quarter of the fast end of average human reaction speed) difference in travel time between the 110 and IS-3 at maximum possible range is actually a difference worthy of considering? 57 meters/second is not a significant advantage, not at this level. Perhaps if we were considering artillery pieces at 300 and 357 meters/second.

You're cherry picking data to support your personal dislike of the vehicle. Don't like it? Fine. That's a subjective thing. People may not understand your dislike, but it's a matter of taste. However, don't come here and spout bullshit unsupported by the data.

Your conspiracy theories about it having different shot distribution than other tanks are amusing, but not particularly worth listening to. Furthermore, your assertion that the IS-3 has superior mobility due solely to power/weight is disingenuous. Terrain resistance is a thing, and the 110 has ~22% better values for average terrain (you know, the stuff that makes up the vast majority of what you drive on in the game). If we're talking about Himmelsdorf hill you might have something, but consider Malinvoka hill and the equation is wildly different.

For some reason the "awful" shell velocity of 950 m/s is notable for the 110, yet the T32's 105mm at 945 m/s isn't, or the 4502 A's 950 m/s? Surely you're not suggesting the 0.043 seconds (something like one quarter of the fast end of average human reaction speed) difference in travel time between the 110 and IS-3 at maximum possible range is actually a difference worthy of considering? 57 meters/second is not a significant advantage, not at this level. Perhaps if we were considering artillery pieces at 300 and 357 meters/second.

You're cherry picking data to support your personal dislike of the vehicle. Don't like it? Fine. That's a subjective thing. People may not understand your dislike, but it's a matter of taste. However, don't come here and spout bullshit unsupported by the data.

All tanks dont have same shell distribution. About ap shell ,its correct about speed. I still think t32 gun is better. Shells fly more straight(as gun arc, not acc). BTW, i checked ground resistance and ap shell speeds. You also conviniently dont mention is3 at all.

And while on even ground its as fast as is3, uphill it isnt. Learn to read numbers . Nice attitude :)

Answer me this, with current MM where you are in tier 10 pretty much all the time, would u drive is3 or wz110?

22k battles exp.

That means precisely nothing in this context. You are presenting an anecdote, this is wholly undeserving of treatment as though it were a fact.

We're crossing off yet another item from your rapidly shrinking list of justifications.

Good argument :)

Edit: lets compare to is3. IS3 can climb hills faster than snail because better HP/t, has worse front armor but much better sides, has million times better gun. A gun that actually shots where you aim aside having better alpha.

So was "110 is worthless".

Even if what you said are true, and I'm not saying they are, that makes 110 worthless? A tank that trades side armor for front armor, some alpha for RoF and accuracy, is now deemed completely worthless just because it's not like IS-3, the best all around tier 8 heavy? Give me a fucking break. How did you even manage to go up any other line if you throw a tantrum when a tank isn't exactly like the best of its peer? 

It trades side armor for front armor, simply means you use it differently. Finding a spot to cover your lower plate and tank things instead of working off your side armor. It's great for bullying lower tier tanks of the other team who can struggle to even pen your lower plate. I did post 18/19 streak on it with another 110 and a T34 on the second page of this thread. It may not be the best but it's definitely capable. 

I sold this tank last night after I researched the 111.

Manly tears were shed.

100 battles, 70% win, way way way above my normal level of play. This tank just clicked with me.

Gotta give some credit to pubbies for not being able to hit my LFP while I shook back and forth on flat ground. They missed my LFP so often when I did this it became basic instinct to do it in every engagement between reloads.