deepgift

Finally got my ace tanker in the 110.

f2ja6e.jpg

1zoklzd.jpg

As a bonus the 0dmg GW Tiger player on my team spent half the game raging in chat after he was too lazy to relocate.

110 is my first t8 heavy and I've really enjoyed playing it(apart from t10 games obviously). Grinding it out with the 122mm was painful and did bad things to my winrate, but once I got the 100mm the tank just clicked. The accuracy is reasonable enough to pull off some long range shots and the rate of fire lets you put on pressure in a brawl. Also the armor holds up well, so long as you hide your LFP the front is pretty much pubbieproof. In a brawl I try to get close enough to deny shots at the LFP but not so close that the hatches are an easy target.

Since it has 380 viewrange, is it useful to go for optics instead of vents? I'm buying some equipment during the sale and since I haven't even unlocked it yet I'm not sure whether to go for vents, optics or GLD.

Depends on playstyle. I rather brawl so vents are better and help in any situation. In open maps optics is definitelly better option.

love mine just don't face hug tanks higher then you since they can pen you easier then you them =(

Ok, I have been talked into rebuying this thing. Anyone mind posting replays?

Here's the best game I ever had in it.

http://www.wotreplays.com/site/951796#ruinberg-rollercoaster47-110

Ok. How the fuck do you use this tank with the D-25T? I don't have enough free exp/gold to get the 100mm, so how should you play this tank with the 122mm? It feels like complete garbage when you can't win trades with the shitty pen/gun handling.

Ok. How the fuck do you use this tank with the D-25T? I don't have enough free exp/gold to get the 100mm, so how should you play this tank with the 122mm? It feels like complete garbage when you can't win trades with the shitty pen/gun handling.

I got through it by shooting as much gold as I could afford and mostly playing doubles. If possible, try to avoid the typical heavy tank locations so you can hopefully fight softer targets.

But yeah, it's a miserable grind. Totally worth it in the end though.

How do you peekaboo around the corner in this tank? If I do that normally its shoulder plate facing enemy tank is almost a guaranteed pen for anything I meet, if I sidescrape I'm gonna show the shoulder plate too due to front turret layout, which at that angle also get easily penned. I know there's way for pike nose tanks to kind of go straight out of a corner and hide one side of the frontal plate, but in this case the lower plate would be presented at the worst angle and people will shoot it. 

The tank definitely has its moments when I can hulldown or face a tank head on and do the wiggle thingy hopefully they couldn't manage to hit your flat cupola or giant lower plate, but on more occasions I find myself have to do the corner peekaboo. I mean, it's a heavy, isn't it? 

Totally worth it in the end though.

I hope so, because this tank feels useless as low tier and mediocre at top tier.

EDIT: Nope. Not worth it.

So do you use this tank like a psuedo-medium and go to medium areas on certain maps? It can't be frontline except in certain situations, but it isn't maneuverable enough to brawl with mediums close up. This playstyle urks me.

I don't know what there is to not like about this tank.  Point straight at enemy and try to cover the lower plate.  If you're using cover, try peeking one side of the pike out at an extreme angle and keeping the "flatter" side hidden.  You should absolutely be in front tanking shots for your team in tier 8-9 games.  What are you having problems with specifically?

I think he might mean it can't frontline with the 122mm as he was asking about that earlier. I do kinda agree with that, with the awful accuracy/pen(and HEAT being what it is), it was really painful to engage other T8 heavies frontally before I got the 100mm.

I still miss that 122 :(

I don't like it on IS-3, IS-6 or SU-122-44, but it was, strangely, very effective on 110. The tank had mobility for some apsurd shots with the 122, and than armor to survive the reloads.

Yeah the 100 mm solved most of the problems I have with the tank. I just have a habit of showing my right side of the pike which results in so many ammo rack damage that I'm considering having two repair kits.

I am struggling with consistency. I'll bounce an E75 shot off my pike, then get penned by a T-44 from the same angle. So frustrating. I do love the 100mm and it's reload speed + penetration.

What are you doing that they pen your frontally? Slight hull down helps tremendously (just to hide lfp) and straight on the pike is much better than IS-3. Even the lfp has really good angle and is better armored than its peers.

When going around a corner show just half of your nose to lure them to shoot you.

I don't remember stock grind though so no comments on it.

I don't rememeber stock grind though so no comments on it.

It was awful. 175 pen AP/unreliable HEAT on a not that mobile platform doesn't make for fun times. My winrate was around 40% when I unlocked the 100mm.

Not sure how people are finding the pike unreliable though. So long as I could hide my lfp and wasn't dealing with crossfire I rarely got penned by sub-250 pen shots.

I'm really liking the 110 now it's elite. It seems to be a lot easier to hull down than the is3. It feels like this tank has 5 or even 6 degrees of gun depression while the is3 feels like 3 degrees, yet the wiki lists them both as 5 degrees.

Is the wiki correct?

Also love the extra view range , accuracy and rof over the is3.

I think my is3 just got made redundant.