sparlin

9.8 Map Changes (Westfield, Sigfrid Line, Sand River, Karelia)

Westfield

DRpFbIU.jpg

TT0hFgQ.jpgrRvs3xY.jpgPrKiwje.jpg

WrmVy3m.jpg

MGb1NH5.jpgpvalsIF.jpg

• Flattened the North West - Better for low gun depression tanks like T62a, but now clicker will obliterate you with ease. No more TD kemp'ing spots at the back and much fewer bushes.
  • Flattened the South West and added hard cover - Less likely to get wrecked from the town and makes that corner more viable now, but scouts now have even fewer decent spots.
  • Raised the valley - FINALLY. Slow fat meds like the Super-Pershing can now rejoice: no longer are you useless for 90% of the game (your now only 80% useless)
  • Expanded the upper town towards the spawns - I'm indifferent, it adds a bit of arty cover for the heavies trying to have fun in the town.
  • Considerably fewer bushes all round - Seems WG have a fetish for Brazilians. TDs and scouts are likely to have a much harder time now. 

Rating: 6/10

They made some necessary changes and some unnecessary changes to an OK map. Cancer will still ruin your game here. 

Sigfrid Line

gq1KlkF.jpgcJIspGw.jpg

DPTA15R.jpg

ou6q22M.jpg

Kslxrrz.jpg

• Flattened the fields considerably - I don't understand why?! If anything this area needs more hills to prevent town campers from wrecking any field push. This is a big nerf to meds and lights
  • Added a ridge across the middle of the field - This doesn't really go anyway towards fixing the problem they just made. No cover from the town and the slop is too step for even tanks with the highest gun depression...
  • NO BUSHES ANYWHERE! - WG went full on with the "back, sack and crack" here. Pushing here is useless and is another massive nerf to scouts/meds
  • Moved the tank traps further out - At this point I don't even care.

Rating: 0/10

WG took a bad map for meds/scouts and made is considerably worse. I honestly have no idea what they were hoping here.

Sand River

s8nLKqN.jpg34V2h1Z.jpgN8fmRPK.jpgqkPTgyb.jpg

YDh2JFS.jpg

• Made almost all of the riverbed traversable - This is a long time coming, and is pretty good. Provides alternative routes for heavies with some cover from the less OP clickers (CGC I'm looking at you)
  • Removed most of the mid-ridge - I liked the mid-ridge as it held some value to the team that won north, but I'll get over it
  • Seems like the bases lost the camping ridges - OK, bit of a nerf for the soft TDs but not terrible. 
  • Added a more accessible route to the north hills - Will benefit tanks with high gun depression, and cover from arty is always nice. 

Rating : 8/10

Good changes for most heavies, bad for soft TDs. Cancer will still remain cancerous on this map, but slightly less deadly. Also, the billboards suck.

Karelia

UPRWIvK.jpg

B6w6sRf.jpg

B6w6sRf.jpg

Q9EBoYT.jpg

p7QNI1a.jpg

IwVdoQI.jpgLdG7cDQ.jpg

• Flattened and removed bushes from the South-East - Looks like no more hull-down/camo-sniping here. The OP bush on South's rock has gone and so have most bushes. 
  • Added a second path up from the swamp -  Welcome change, but going this route will be risky. If you meet another tank with the same idea, expect to get cross-fired hard. Pushing up will be painful as you will get shot in the side as well as the front. I don't think this will change that much until the late game. The team with more meds will still dominate this hill, however its effectiveness is reduced.
  • Added a massive brawling area in the north-west - Seems a bit lacking in cover, but any additional corridor is welcome. Tanks no-longer have to worry too much about getting shot in the side by the meds on the hill. 

Rating : 7/10

More routes, hill is slightly less OP now and heavies have more options.

Overall

TDs and scouts have really started taking it in the arse from Serbs long, hard Belorussian shaft. Some changes are welcome but it seems like they're deforesting most maps. Maybe Serb likes he his maps like he likes his women: flat and bushless....

i like the changes all except that you can't make a brawling area be completely open to cancer. The westfield changes i like except now you have to brawl and instead of the hill making you harder to hit for cancer you just will be taking cancer to the face and theres nothing you can do about it.

Every time WG changes a map, it feels like they're shitting on the way I like to play.  I'm too disconnected from this game to start getting a feel for tanks with real armor that do nothing but brawl and get cancer.

You yearn for the days of the Magic Forest of Murovanka?

I do and I bet I'm not the only one. That area was a real gold mine for getting massive spotting damage (other than Prokhorovka, which is a hit & miss because today's meta mostly ignores 1/2/3 line, it was my main source for completing the KV-220 Mission last summer) if you had the balls to creep up on bush kempers

I do and I bet I'm not the only one. That area was a real gold mine for getting massive spotting damage (other than Prokhorovka, which is a hit & miss because today's meta mostly ignores 1/2/3 line, it was my main source for completing the KV-220 Mission last summer) if you had the balls to creep up on bush kempers

Once I had figured out how to spot that wood, I started to love it. Scout or good camo meds could wreck havoc single-handedly there.

I miss maps like that. WG's map overhauls are just getting boring. They should just quit and raze every last useful bush, simplify all maps to the point where a donkey can play them and call it quits.

The sad thing is that WG's map department is pissing all over tank balance to a degree that is just ludicrous. We are quickly coming to the point where tanks without one or preferably several of the following characteristics are simply no longer viable:

• armor
  • high alpha (that category obviously includes high tier arty, the kings of alpha)
  • good gun handling allowing for snapshots (which can make up for lacking armor)

On the other hand soft meds with bad gun handling are horrible at this point (Type 61 is the most disgusting example), soft TDs are getting worse by the minute and scouts are just trash.

Seriously, WG great job making an entire class obsolete! If a game designer introduces a class relying on stealth into a game, they need to make sure that type of gameplay is even possible. F***ing Belorussian retards!

Rant end. Sorry.

Doesn't WG realize the changes they make in map set up are counter-productive to the specific classes of tanks/premiums they release?

How can they be so shortsighted?

Any cheese-dick can realize that they could modify the maps to "generally" accommodate all, and not specialize or negate the others... 

How do you run a business that way?

That would be like Taco Bell producing food that gives you diarrhea. :verysmug:

RIP magic forest.  Great for active scouting on south. The higher (iirc) 3 line ridge made for some good opportunities for scouting/flanking late game if you got north.

Looks like I won't be around for too much longer in this game if it's constantly getting worse... I thought the Live Oaks south side changes were just HORRID for example...

I loved old Murovanka... ugh.