_Shrew

Post your Pens (pencils and crayons are welcome too don't be shy)

how do you like to write  

53 members have voted

1. 1. how do you like to write

• ballpoint pen (pls i want the $0.25 xperience!!!)
    • gel rollerball pen (hey this is nice but I'm prolly gonna lose it anyway)
    • fountain pen (oh golly i hope i dont get ink everywhere)
    • pencil (i maek two maeny mistaeks need 2 erase)
    • dip pen (I'm so old that I remember when the Declaration of Independence was written)
    • keyboard (i need spell check and this is wayyyy faster !!!!111!!!)
    • crayola crayons
    • other (prolly markers)

I have about 40-odd pens. Pride of place is a Mont Blanc Meisturstruck Legrand (OM nib), a Sailor 1911 (F), a Pelikan 600 (M), Parker 51 (original 1955 model) and Pilot Vanishing Point (with custom calligraphy nib). I also have a bunch of other Parker, Pelikan Waterman, Lamy pens. I used to rotate them pretty extensively, but our hospital went paperless about 4 years ago and I basically don't use pens all that much any more.

Which is unfortunate.

I have about 40-odd pens. Pride of place is a Mont Blanc Legrand, a Sailor 1911, a Pelican 400 (and a 200), Parker 51 (original 1955 model) and Pilot Vanishing Point (also with custom nib). I also have a bunch of other Parker, Waterman, Lamy pens. I used to rotate them pretty extensively, but our hospital went paperless about 4 years ago and I basically don't use pens all that much any more.

Which is unfortunate.

Except for the coders and the rest of HIM, and every single person downstream on the data and documentation sides. 

I have about 40-odd pens. Pride of place is a Mont Blanc Legrand, a Sailor 1911, a Pelican 400 (and a 200), Parker 51 (original 1955 model) and Pilot Vanishing Point (also with custom nib). I also have a bunch of other Parker, Waterman, Lamy pens. I used to rotate them pretty extensively, but our hospital went paperless about 4 years ago and I basically don't use pens all that much any more.

Which is unfortunate.

Very nice, do you have an all around favorite out of those?

Very nice, do you have an all around favorite out of those?

The Pilot Vanishing Point. It was the one I used daily, I loved the click-in click-off convenience, and I love love love the nib, which I had customized to my hand by Richard Binder. I use Noodler's Black Bulletproof ink for it (because orders and Rx have to be erase-proof).

The Sailor is beautiful, with a stellar nib, but it runs a little fine for me. The Mont Blanc is magnificent, but it's a little pricey for my kind of work.

The Pilot Vanishing Point. It was the one I used daily, I loved the click-in click-off convenience, and I love love love the nib, which I had customized to my hand by Richard Binder. I use Noodler's Black Bulletproof ink for it (because orders and Rx have to be erase-proof).

The Sailor is beautiful, with a stellar nib, but it runs a little fine for me. The Mont Blanc is magnificent, but it's a little pricey for my kind of work.

I also love the Vanishing Point, it's already one of the smoothest pens I own and definitely the most convenient for notes / daily usage. I'll have to look into getting it customized once I damage or get bored of the current nib.

Uni Style Fit Meister.

Japanese Custom Multis masterrace. Also signo DX master gel rollerball cartridge.

31883.jpg

It holds 3 cartridges at one time. others can hold up to 5 at once. 

can get jetstream rollerball ink, gel, or even a mechanical pencil unit.

unistylefitinserts_04_LRG.jpg

I also love the Vanishing Point, it's already one of the smoothest pens I own and definitely the most convenient for notes / daily usage. I'll have to look into getting it customized once I damage or get bored of the current nib.

Dang, it looks like Richard Binder no longer runs his customization service. A pity, he was the best nibmeister in the business. He was also fairly inexpensive all told. I dropped my Parker Sonnet at work one day, and for $25 he fixed the nib, and made it write better than before I dropped it.

I would definitely recommend this site  for getting your pens.

http://www.penisland.net/

Living in Germany, I am near the Staedler factory and so I use their felt tipped inkers for all my writing needs

Frequently Asked Questions

Q: Can I provide my own wood? 

A: In most cases we can handle your wood. We do require all shipments to be clean, free of parasites and pass all standard customs inspections.

The more expensive the stuff I use is, the more likely I am to lose or break it. So it's mostly cheap stuff for me. Nonetheless, the paper is aweso

Eng problem paper is best paper.

63GT90E.jpg

This is the nicest paper I will ever write on. Also, my preffered writing utensil is by far the Staedtler norica 132 46 pencils, or if I'm doing a drawing, which is rare, the Staedtler Mars Lumograph series.