Toxic_Turtles690

ARK: Survival Evolved

Not sure what types of games the majority of the Labs community likes, but I found this game that was announced a few days ago.

308c46bb30dd41770ac07a12313181ab.jpg

So far it looks extremely beautiful in graphics, comparable to that of the Far Cry 4 game.
The concept as a whole is really interesting, incorporating a lot of different game aspects to make one big sandbox game that places it all together and makes it work.

Survival, crafting, prehistoric, mythical, futuristic. etc etc. its all so wonderfully put together and I know I hate this about Steam games, but I believe this game will be a great success. Here's some of what Devs (I know I shouldn't trust their word) promise:

-Updates every 2 days after its early access release on June 2

-In no way or form will the game be Pay-to-Win

-Players will not have to pay for any ingame items, everything will be unlocked through the game

-players will have the option to massive multiplayer, private servers with friends, or solo game play

-game is relatively cheap for what I consider to be a fantastic concept. $25

-players who buy early access (don't want to endorse this as many people have had bad experiences) will be rewarded after its official release

-game will be available for all platforms, e.x PC, Xbox One, PS4

Opinions? Thoughts? Expectations?

DINOSAURS, GUNS ,DRAGONS AND SHIT, YES PLEASE. Also the graphics look pretty nice, and being able to mount dinos seems awesomesauce (If its really only 25 bucks im getting it ASAP) 

Survival, Dinosaurs, Dragons, Crafting, Base building, Multiplayer or solo, Guns, Swords, Bow and arrows and good graphics unlike every other survival game which has potato graphics. Also its something that hasn't been done before. I AM SO HYPED THIS WILL BE FUCKING AMAZING

Survival, Dinosaurs, Dragons, Crafting, Base building, Multiplayer or solo, Guns, Swords, Bow and arrows and good graphics unlike every other survival game which has potato graphics. Also its something that hasn't been done before. I AM SO HYPED THIS WILL BE FUCKING AMAZING

Apparently you don't go on steam much. Apart the dino part, this game is exactly like every other crafting based survival game on the market. 

Apparently you don't go on steam much. Apart the dino part, this game is exactly like every other crafting based survival game on the market. 

Which makes it different 

well if you look at other survival crafting games on steam:

-Stomping Land

-The Forest

-Subnautica (this one is a but more unique)

-Stranded Deep

-etc. etc.

Most of these game are lacking one if not a lot of things.

1.The Forest is so badly optimized and is broken in so many ways. every time a bug is fixed two more pop up.

2.Stranded Deep has a nice crafting system but the game is so empty and there's no real point to it.

3.Stomping land has horrid graphics but it does include dinos, not sure about crafting

4. Subnautica isn't so bad, its actually quite good and one of the biggest things that separates it is the fact that the game is mostly played in the water with submarines and what not. 

OMG DINOAUSRS CRAFTING WOW LEET AMAZE

there is literally one of these games pop up every couple of months on steam. the devs usually dont finish the game once their alpha buy in pay comes. approach this kinda stuff with caution. the steam early access market is a shady place.

my advice is if the developer is unknown/unproven to finish games dont be a sucker and pay for early access. keep your money until the game has a stable release

there is literally one of these games pop up every couple of months on steam. the devs usually dont finish the game once their alpha buy in pay comes. approach this kinda stuff with caution. the steam early access market is a shady place.

my advice is if the developer is unknown/unproven to finish games dont be a sucker and pay for early access. keep your money until the game has a stable release

I definitely do not want to endorse buying early access (I'm always extremely cautious in buying unfinished games) however, in my opinion, unlike most of the potato survival crafting games released, I think this one actually has  chance at amounting to something.

Great concept that's never been pulled off before in this combination. So this game has potential to be a success since it has something unique about it, but that's just me.

814yqx.jpg

I'm going to buy the game ofc but I'll keep people posted on the progress and see if it's worth getting in the future for those of you who rather not risk buying into yet another early access trap.

with less than a week away for release (June 2) Anyone interested in buying the game and playing & testing the game out together please post on here.

I'd love to enjoy this game alongside other people who are looking into it. 

Warz anyone?

This is really fun. 

It's literally 'Age of Empire Peasant Simulator'

We're currently hunter gathering berries, wood and stone to build up a base. It's really fun, we've had some hunting parties to clear out Carnos who got too close to our territory. Good fun. 

Additionally WASP have a 70 man public server, come join us! PM me for TS access or ask in server. 

Public 70 player EU server up and running. We may have to deal with constant updates over the next week, but we have a common server to play on now.

[EU] WASP Inc. Public
Steam Library > View > Servers Favourites > Add a Server > 176.31.247.32 > Find games at this address

You may have to wait a moment for the server to sync before joining. You can now right click on the favorite and launch into the server.

It's a frigging blast to play...

8th lvl and have tamed my 1st Dino, a armoured turtle, name escapes me(sorry)...

But the taming process is fairly long tbh... especially for that.. It's a lvl12, which basically means it was longer/harder to tame....

Shall look in on you guys in the above server.. but my ping will REALLY suck over there (I'm an Aussie)

It's a frigging blast to play...

8th lvl and have tamed my 1st Dino, a armoured turtle, name escapes me(sorry)...

But the taming process is fairly long tbh... especially for that.. It's a lvl12, which basically means it was longer/harder to tame....

Shall look in on you guys in the above server.. but my ping will REALLY suck over there (I'm an Aussie)

Turtles are hella slow, but have dank carry capacity. So they make excellent beasts of burden. 

I think we have some, we take them with our lumberer parties to carry loads back for building shit.

My current turtle is now lvl21 and is a beast, She is my bodyguard when I'm running around doing shit...

But She is also my attack animal for stegos or trikes if I need some hide/and beast of burden as well

I will maybe buy it when they get rid of the massive performance issues. But it looks fun.

definitely a must buy, it's really fun.. except you know, when raptors decide to make you their next meal. Other than that great game!

One thing though, the game is extremely byist towards Nvidia, almost as if the devs have never heard of AMD before.

This game is hilariously badly optimised. My 970 handles it on medium well enough. 

WASP Server has a few tribes now. 

Our tribe has established Fort Kickass somewhere on the map. Safety, food and water can be yours, if you wish it. Be wary though, there are a few murderous, cannibal tribes already. There's one in particular near the south-west of the island, near a cave. Avoid if you don't want to be murdered and eaten.

My son and I picked this up and we are enjoying it. Any thoughts on securing structures you build?

The doors seem like the weak points to smash through. We are using wood hopefully stone soon.

They're patching, fixing, adding and enhancing weekly. 

The devs are quite impressive so far. There's a fuckton more now than there was when it released, hope they keep it up. 

script>