Hîr-am-Helcaraxë

The run for T69

Hello forum! I'm not sure this is a specific tank related question, if this is the wrong section I apologise.

Now, I have unlocked and buyed the T71 with the "Top of the Tree" discounts. I loved the T21 and I'm loving the T71. I never imagined I could enjoy light tanks this much (they're the first true lights for me). I just unlocked the radio and now I only have the T69 left. There are 9 or so days left for the event and I could try to reach the T69 to save over 700.000 credits. I don't swim in silver so that could be welcome. The problem is that I don't play very often and making 13k/14k exp per day on a tank (during an exams session) is a bit of a run for me, totally doable of course, it's not that much, but I'm afraid that playing a tank that I love because I have to could make it less enojoyable. Does this make sense? I've not much experience in "runs"...

Is the T69 worth it?

I've never found that saving a few credits is worth grinding excessively.  I usually tend to dislike the tank by the end of it.  I'd rather take my time, enjoy the tank, and scrape together a handful of credits somewhere else.

Too bad not on NA, Monday is x2 xp. As dual said don't rush a good tank.

T69 is iffy, but the T54E1 is a great T9 autoloader.

That said, powergrinding through any tank (or playing any tank excessively) will make you hate it regardless how good the tank actually is.

It seems you strongly agree, I've no other choices than follow your advice as I clearly lack the experience in this kind of things. Thank you, you probably made my near future experience better, I'll keep enjoying the T71 at my normal pace!

It depends on how much you really get by doing it and how hard you have to grind. Playing a nation more than usual to get a T8 premium tank for free is worth it, hardcore grind a tank for an entire week just to save 200k credits probably isn't, especially since sales aren't very uncommon.

edit: sorry, misread, 700k, but I still doubt it's worth to grind that hard, just take your time and wait for another discount. EU top of the tree is mostly useless anyway since you don't get the credit bonus anymore.

I like doing those kind of events for the challenge, and playing the same tank several games in a row helps me learn its finer points of what I can get by with. The downside is its easy to fall into blindly playing games more or less on autopilot.

That being said, roughly 15/20 games a day is getting a little to far out of reach if you have other things going on, I would give it a shot but not worry to much if I fell behind or wasn't having fun with it.

I don't think power grinding is worth it for anything except X's, and even then if you don't like the 9 and aren't really close (cough my 704 cough), well, don't bother.

Grinds will wear you out in a game that can be quite frustrating in the first place. Personally I don't even bother with playing through lines at all any more.

I check new stuff out on test and free XP the tanks I want. If I can't free XP them I wait. No more suffering brah.

T69 lacks pen and most people will run a full prem load out and usually doesnt make money.  Personally i love the t69 because it fit my play style of flank and spank while the other team is distracted.  As well as i primarly used AP in the t69 and only carried two clips of prem rounds.  

i can see why people hate the t69 due to the low pen on the gun but the t57 heavy is well worth the grind.

T69 is growing on me...effing hated it at first. (ONE more shot into the 26, woulda killed him, then I could have finished the 28 and won...alas)IJIdvF6.jpg

wcW7N8q.jpg