crapcannon

When do you bring gold ammo and how much?

I load 50/50 with gold most of the time. Optimally, if you're in a tank with a decent ammo count, it'll be very rare for you to run out of either standard or gold ammo. If you do run out of either, you're probably having a damn good game. In tanks that don't carry much ammo, I like to carry more gold ammo than standard ammo just so that I can ensure I'll make all my shots count. I'd rather run out of standard ammo and have more than enough pen for all my remaining enemies than to run out of gold ammo and fail a hard carry because I couldn't pen my enemies at the end.

depends on what tank I'm playing at what tier. Am I in a t5 prem with like 90 pen? fuck it all gold because I need to do the best I can in that match for crew training. shit like is6/wz111 usually 50% ap/gold. tier 9/10 I usually carry about 45% gold shells. Gotta deal with e100s and is7s or e3s a lot recently 

I don't run a premium account so I can't just go "lolfullgoldfuckyouall"-mode. 

For me it depends heavily on the regular ammo pen, if it's more than enough for everything, I'll only load a minimal amount of gold for critical situations (5 HEAT in the Type 61, 4 APCR in the Waffle4), on tanks with bad regular pen I'll load significantly more gold, but usually still more regular than gold (18/10 on the IS-7, 30/15 on the T67), this applies to most tanks below T8 since they can see +2, bad pen autoloaders get even more gold since I can't always correctly predict the next engagement when I press reload and scouts get as much gold as I can possibly afford. Also make sure your gold shells count, aim carefully and dont snapshot.

This kind of model is just barely affordable if I throw in a couple T8 prem games here and there, but it means I need to grind credits in Stronks or 111 sessions if I want to buy tanks.

I usually have a 50:45:5 ratio between normal, prem and he. My typical habit is to go through the normal ammunition before dapping into the premium unless a something requires it like hull down maus or jpze100/e100. Credit wise it doesn't cost that much as I usually don't live long enough to be out of normal ammunition.

E100, you do need heat if you want to get BETTER performance in the tank.

You are saying we are no skill gold noob? Tell me son, why would you fire AP at a maus if you KNOW its not gonna pen 90% of the time?

depends on tier and tank....e100 for example i will carry 20 cuz of the huge ammo cap on it.  but like the e5 only 8-10 rounds cuz thats about all you need for hull down tanks.   And really to be honest you only need gold rounds in Heavies or lower tiers.  Like if i was in Tier 8 tank i might load more cuz of the potential for tier X.

But always carry some cuz you never know when you gonna have to start carrying the match

10 HEAT or 50/50 AP/APCR

APCR has no gameplay downside, so I use it heftily. 50b <3

I carry between 20% and 60% gold ammo depending on capacity and vehicle class. But Im really bad at using it, no joke... I learned this game when gold ammo was actually gold, and Im and old fart stuck with that thought. One of the reasons why I can not get 3 MoE even if my life depended on it...

I usually run about 55% regular, 45% gold. Depending on the tank, I don't carry much gold in my bulldog for example Since it's APCR regular rounds and HEAT gold. Many tanks I don't run HE at all, ones that I do have HE its usually like 2-5 shells for resetting.

My M40/43 I run 100% gold. Nothing like waiting 40 seconds on a shot and do shit for damage. I hate arty but gotta get the missions somehow.

enough to kill the strongest (hp wise) tank i can meet

so my IS3 has enough apcr to kill an E100 (6-7 pieces) KT has 10, T44 10 or so etc

tanks with rly high ammo count get more gold ammo, same i load (much) more gold in tanks that need a lot of gold to work, so E100 has 15-25-10 (i shoot a lot of HE with E100 actually), IS6 15-13-2 (i think)

for me it doesnt matter if a tank has HEAT or APCR as gold ammo, i look pure at how good is base pen and how much does gold improve it (i run E50 10 APCR afaik M46 even less)

ps: credits is for me no issue at all, i hoover between 50 and 80 million (62 atm, but will buy some more food at discount, got 2k prem consumables in depot alrdy, but more is better!), so i can run full gold ammo so its pure ``e-honor`` im not spamming full gold (and thats all without stronghold bonuses and suchs, imagine all those shiny credits if i would get even more credit bonuses, yum...)

do you own a large credit bank somewhere?

srsly thou, how do you afford it

T6 strongholds with 50% credit bonus using type 64. 50k-70k/match, each one takes 2-5 minutes. best profit in game.

F A S T B O I S

I carry ~50% gold on most tanks. The first 2-3 shots I fire are generally APCR (if the tank has it) to secure that early damage, then I'll switch to AP if it seems I'll stand a reasonable chance to penetrate with it. With HEAT I don't spam it as much because it sucks and I prefer to try to get a good angle to track for damage with AP. Still though, despite it's disadvantages, 330 HEAT is nice to have when you need to break German boxes from the front.

do you own a large credit bank somewhere?

srsly thou, how do you afford it

Foxey constantly runs strongholds - with premium tanks and 50% credit bonuses, 1M+/hour in income is easy.

I usually use the same ratios in tanks so that I can usually demolish at least the heaviest tank on the enemy team if need be.

For example, in a gun that uses AP, APCR or HEAT HE, the ratio I use is 66% AP, 15% APCR/HEAT, the remaining % HE.

For guns that don't have HE, 66% AP, 34% APCR/HEAT. For guns that HE is better (such as the Sherman 105mm or the Short 75mm KwK) I swap the AP and HE ammounts around.

This way I know I have enough ammo for all eventualities, WITHOUT over relying on the "easy" option.

well I dont rly pay attention to my 'normal/gold' thingy, but for example on 140 I use (38/10/2) and tanks like e50 also get (36/10/2).. depends on the overall ammo available to load -> CDC (60/25/5)

8cff2150918806594de03fa1ed4c7b48.jpg

^^^ all tanks i play

just kidding, i normally carry half and half because I'm a shitlord

I often carry 50% gold rounds, although I often don't use much. The E75 only has like 25% though I think.