Tomlinson

M48A2/T54E2 Hybrid on Supertest

http://ritastatusreport.blogspot.nl/2015/05/m48a2t54e2-on-supertest-today.html

So, a hybrid of the american medium tankjs appeared on the supertest with a 120 mm gun. Seems to be a tier 10 reward tank and certainly has the looks to contend with the Obj. 777.

Will this mean, that we have to choose between 777 and M48A2/T54E2? Do the older CW tanks not return for the next campaign or are they planning on adding new events/campaigns with tier 10 rewards?

T54E2 looks very cool. But it is actually pretty old, the first SD leak we got from this tank was before the T57 line was released. Back in the day it was a T9 medium and it had a 105mm. Lets hope WG isn´t wasting good tank designs for premium stuff instead of using it in a good tanktree.

FUCKING YES

T54E2 looks very cool. But it is actually pretty old, the first SD leak we got from this tank was before the T57 line was released. Back in the day it was a T9 medium and it had a 105mm. Lets hope WG isn´t wasting good tank designs for premium stuff instead of using it in a good tanktree.

The original T54E2 had the non-autoloading 105mm of the T54E1, so yeah T9

This certain tank is most likely the one they used for tests to see which gun to mount on the M60 Patton.

Edit: Found the page :)

Qn1cU6L.jpg

Saw this thing in game like a year ago from a dev testing roaming I think.  Gonna hunt through my screenshots and try to find it.

Saw this thing in game like a year ago from a dev testing roaming I think.  Gonna hunt through my screenshots and try to find it.

I'm pretty sure what you saw was a T95E6 - the OTHER 120mm US 10MT, that's been finished and in the game (but unreleased to the public) since last year.

10 more alpha dmg for worse RoF? No, thx however this tank looks sexy.

overmatch tho, you can negate sidescrapes a lot more with a 120mm. But yeah still don't think its worth it by that much

I assume it will also get a better HEAT round than the other 105mm?

I'm pretty sure what you saw was a T95E6 - the OTHER 120mm US 10MT, that's been finished and in the game (but unreleased to the public) since last year.

Oh yes yes it was that one.  Oops 

overmatch tho, you can negate sidescrapes a lot more with a 120mm. But yeah still don't think its worth it by that much

105mm can overmatch 34,99mm of armor while 120mm gun 39,99mm. Totally not worth it. 

http://ritastatusreport.blogspot.nl/2015/05/m48a2t54e2t123e6.html#more

Preliminary Stats

Description:

M48A2 is one of the American M48 medium tank series. This vehicle was a prototype. It existed in several variants different from each other by their turrets and guns. This tank represents the M48A2 hull armed with a 120mm T123E6 gun in the T54E2 turret. It was never mass produced.

Tier: 10 MT
Hitpoints: 2000
Engine: 825 hp
Weight: 49,714 tons
Power-to-weight: 16,59 hp/t
Maximum speed: 48,3/20 km/h
Hull traverse: 50 deg/s
Turret traverse: 39,6 deg/s
Terrain resistance: 0,767/0,863/1,726
Viewrange: 400
Radio range: 776,9

Hull armor: 152,4/76,2/?
Turret armor: 203,2/76,2/?

Gun: 120mm T123E6
Damage: 400
Penetration: 258
ROF: 6,952
DPM: 2781
Reload: 8,63
Accuracy: 0,384
Aimtime: 2,01s
Depression: -10

Pictures of armor are in the blog, do not know how to link pictures. Stats are looking pretty good so far

That -10!

I thought we were getting a new tank line with all of those slashes.

Same thought here, I was expecting this USA tank with 120m gun to be part of a regular tree.  Will be unhappy if its another premium tank.

The Soviet tree has count them, three regular tier 10 medium tanks, plus one premium tier 10 tank.

What does the USA tree have for medium tanks at tier 10?

Count them, one regular tier 10 (the Fatton), plus one premium tier 10 tank (the M60). 

It other words, the USA tree is due two more regular tier 10 mediums in its tree if its to be par with the Soviet medium tree.

If Wargaming must give Clan's prize campaign premium tank in the American tree... give us a Heavy or a Tank Destroyer class premium tank at tier 10 instead.  Offer a carrot to the clans' they lack already.  Wake up, Wargaming.  Do they not teach marketing 101 and/or Social Psychology in Belarus, cough... Cyprus?

I just want a tier 10 US med without the watermelon turret. Too bad i'd need to do clan shit to get one.

Too lazy to open the model viewer, but there's a lot of things the 120 can overmatch that the 105 can't. 38mm and 35mm are both common numbers to use for armor, like on the T95 roof or leo 1 sides.

I'm not sure what I'd rather choose if I had to choose between this thing and the 121B. But I want both in my life. WG pls.

I'm not sure what I'd rather choose if I had to choose between this thing and the 121B. But I want both in my life. WG pls.

I could be wrong, but I think the 121B was a China server only deal.